A Spirited Valentine ...

FigmentForver96

You know they never will. They would have riots in the streets.

Guess I was just able to take it better than some. I think WDW Space Mountain helped train me for that ;)

No they wouldn't. There would be bloggers who would whine and cry, act like they knew Walt personally and explain how he would feel and then explain how Walt wanted change and to go with the flow. Then they would all line up to buy farewell merch, cry on camera and be ready to line up for the new experience.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No they wouldn't. There would be bloggers who would whine and cry, act like they knew Walt personally and explain how he would feel and then explain how Walt wanted change and to go with the flow. Then they would all line up to buy farewell merch, cry on camera and be ready to line up for the new experience.

Um, I'm guessing you dont know many DL Local fans, When they dont like something its front page and primetime news in CA

FigmentForver96

Um, I'm guessing you dont know many DL Local fans, When they dont like something its front page and primetime news in CA
I know that plenty of people didn't want Tower to leave and it happened.

They didn't want river to be shortened in Disneyland and it happened.

Disney does not care what some local paper puts on its front page. People will keep going and Disney knows it.

Mike S

I know that plenty of people didn't want Tower to leave and it happened.

They didn't want river to be shortened in Disneyland and it happened.

Disney does not care what some local paper puts on its front page. People will keep going and Disney knows it.
I think Matterhorn would be a bit different.

1. Direct connection to Walt Disney.

2. A significant historical landmark as pretty much the first modern roller coaster.

3. The money and logistics of tearing it down are likely too much for Disney to even entertain the idea. "It's already a very popular ride so let's just save the headache."

The_Jobu

Does anyone know what this area is next to Epcot?

Attachments

• hidden Mickey field.png
    hidden Mickey field.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 72

Daveeeeed

Soarin is an e-ticket so no surprise there, updated seating and update visuals but not a new or groundbreaking ride system. It's the same basic mechan

Even without riding it yes it's an E-ticket one I will NEVER ride because of my hatred of the source material.
Avatar actually fits perfectly at the park, and has ZERO connection to the movie's characters. Flight of Passage is completely different as you are pushed into the screen, so you are essentially 100% surrounded by the screen. It also has a motion base more akin to Simpsons, and the queue, land, and visuals are so good you forget you are about to ride/riding a simulator. Not to mention the effects throughout and that it is a unique type of ride for the park. It's ironically better than every single one of Universal's combined:p.

Why don't you go back to Disney World for the 50th, and see if you'll be so sad as a Disney fan. Yes, I understand you're not a troll as it is troubling how Disney has changed something that you care about so deeply, but as a fan to never want to experience something again is actually overkill. Especially if many changes like Pandora, TRON, and Star Wars have no faults as far as placement. GMR being replaced, and EPCOT Center as a whole is what's changing, but part of that is also linked to changing what the parks stand for. They're evolving, maybe not the way we like them, but they are getting quality additions. That's a big deal, and if you can afford it, why not check it out to see if they're different, but also pretty awesome. Maintenance is far superior to what it was a few years ago, and there will be loads of new rides.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And in Other News

Disney may be prohibited from distributibg or using Guardians of The Galaxy, Beauty and the Beast, Age of Ultron IP,

because face capture technology allegedly stolen by a Chinese firm was integral for their production apparently US studios were warned about this but Disney chose to ignore the warning other US studios did heed the warning.

Oopsie all that valuable MARVEL IP just turned to dust and ashes because Iger followed the demands of his Chinese masters.

Source:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...njunction-bid-three-blockbuster-films-1021841

HMF

And in Other News

Disney may be prohibited from distributibg or using Guardians of The Galaxy, Beauty and the Beast, Age of Ultron IP,

because face capture technology allegedly stolen by a Chinese firm was integral for their production apparently US studios were warned about this but Disney chose to ignore the warning other US studios did heed the warning.

Oopsie all that valuable MARVEL IP just turned to dust and ashes because Iger followed the demands of his Chinese masters.

Source:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...njunction-bid-three-blockbuster-films-1021841
Is it too early to start celebrating the saving of energy?

the.dreamfinder

And in Other News

Source:

Is it too early to start celebrating the saving of energy?
Yes. This lawsuit doesn't effect what happens with the parks, it applies to the continued distribution of the films.

Bairstow

And in Other News

Source:

Iol, granting an injunction against the tech outfits using the software is one thing, but ain't no federal judge in the country going to buy the theory that use of the software, authorized or not, somehow renders the final films as "derivative works." This is creative filing at its best, and any second year law student could tell you that Hagens Berman are dumping at least four distinct types of law into the blender, throwing the slop at the wall, and hoping some of it leaves a stain. Rearden will get something out of this, but they're not getting an injunction.

And I love how you're somehow spinning this as Iger's fault.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Iol, granting an injunction against the tech outfits using the software is one thing, but ain't no federal judge in the country going to buy the theory that use of the software, authorized or not, somehow renders the final films as "derivative works." This is creative filing at its best, and any second year law student could tell you that Hagens Berman are dumping at least four distinct types of law into the blender, throwing the slop at the wall, and hoping some of it leaves a stain. Rearden will get something out of this, but they're not getting an injunction.

And I love how you're somehow spinning this as Iger's fault.

As to a federal judge not granting a injunction i suggest you look at Concast vs Tivo. Federal judges are getting pretty annoyed with Chinese companies appropriating US IP and attempting to resell it here in the US

Without the use of the software no picture possible, So its not possible to remove the 'infringing' portion so an injunction is likely to stick. This was not some piece of editing software which if the picture's EDL was run through a non-infringing editor the 'new' print would be non-infringing.

Assuming the infringement claim upheld the only way to make a non-infringing version would be to reshoot all the face capture scenes. Oops....

As to blaming this on Iger the heads of the studios were all 'officially' notified that use of the 'Chinese' version of this software would result in legal action, The other studios HEEDED the warning .
Disney was the ONLY US studio who chose to use the Chinese company's version of this software. Why was this the case????

These kinds of decisions are made in the executive suite not at the purchasing agent level. So while Iger may not have made the decision personally it was done with his approval.

Besides I thought in the MCU not a sparrow falls without Iger's knowledge ....

Quinnmac000

Disney will be willing to put over $100 Million into this case if they need to. They're not going to let them win.

You can throw tons of money at something, in the end, its up to the lawyers and the Judge. The strongest case for the plantiff is the fact they literally have pics and actors talking about using the facial capture technology.

Last edited:

Quinnmac000

Why would they use stolen tech if they already had this: https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/25/disney-makes-facial-capture-tech-more-practical/

There's several articles about it.

Disney has a lot of tech it doesn't use because its not feasible for large scale products nor is compatible with other systems yet. Now the question would be more so was the tech for that technology built entirely in house. Where is the patent? Was Digital Domain 3.0 utilized in any part of production? Dan Stevens specifically stated they used MOVA technology for Beauty and The Beast. That may not be bad as long as it can be proven without a doubt that they filmed those scenes before the injunction was imposed on June 17 as well as for the other films.

The Empress Lilly

You can throw tons of money at something, in the end, its up to the lawyers and the Judge. The strongest case for the plantiff is the fact they literally have pics and actors talking about using the facial capture technology.
The other side is looking for payday. What use it is to them if Disney can't distribute a few movies merely to spite them?
The strength of the case merely decides the sum TWDC will offer out of court.

For a second I had my hopes up that this case would prevent the destruction of EPCOT, but that's just wishful thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom