A Spirited Valentine ...

Cosmic Commando

A kind videographer friend in LA recorded it in HD for me, So yes I've seen it but not in person but it looks 1000x better than it did the last time I saw it at WDW in 2015, no dead strings of bulbs... no peeling finshes. No I will not be publishing the video, my friend gets PAID for his work does not give it away.
Can I have his contact info? If he can take a video of a nighttime parade that's so clear, you can confirm that finishes are not peeling... I want to hire this guy.

asianway

I saw the parade at DL 3 times last week and at WDW over a couple hundred times. Granted the parade should be retired. But, I didn't notice any major difference other than some shuffling of the order, the "Disneyland Presents..." And the cut of the Pleasure Island Float balanced by the Petes Dragon float effects. I doubt a parade built for WDW in 1977 (I think that's when the WDW version debuted, but it was long ago) could survive 6 years everyday performing twice if it had poor maintenance. True I didn't see the floats in the day but I sure as hell didn't notice paint peeling or strands of lights out.

FOP is an amazing simulator. You can't expect your comment on it to have any weight if you have not experienced it.
Just for the record, the version at Disneyland is theirs, from 72

Quinnmac000

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...s-replaced-character-could-use-change-1022041 Brian Henson's in this now. So that's Brian, Lisa, and Cheryl coming out against Steve.

Nobody is a winner in this. Everyone's coming out with egg on their face.

What's worst is none of them are making sense because Steve said he told Disney they need Kermit more goodhearted and compassionate then in Lisa statement see says he wasn't making Kermit compassionate and goodhearted but depressed and then Brian said that Kermit was a prankstar but respected all people.

RSoxNo1

First time at DL since last D23. It was an amazing day! I got some great shots of them testing the steam locos and in general cool photos. The Space Mountain is smooth but most of it is slow. I like the omega track better. Also the Columbia was making rounds yesterday. They had 2 locomotives going around: Ward Kimball (went into service in '05) and Fred Gurley.
I think by the end of Disneyland's Space Mountain it feels more out of control than WDW's. Space may be my favorite ride in DL I think the gap between the two Space Mountains is bigger than the gap between the two Pirates.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I love @ford99rollover, and feel where his salty demeanor comes from, but FoP is a solid E Ticket.

Soarin is an e-ticket so no surprise there, updated seating and update visuals but not a new or groundbreaking ride system. It's the same basic mechan

Even without riding it yes it's an E-ticket one I will NEVER ride because of my hatred of the source material.

asianway

No I think it's the MK one that went to Paris then back to MK and then to DL now. I could be wrong of course.
No, The WDW one went to DLP when they got Spectro. From there it may or may not have gone to HK and is believed scrapped.

The DL one went to WDW for a short time in early 2000s while Spectro was overhauled, then back to DCA, then back to WDW and now back to DL. It also did a stint in NYC for the Hercules promotion.

The Empress Lilly

I don't think Disney as a company can appreciate what they have in the parks.

They're like that family that has very expensive furniture but rather than have it reupholstered/restained and breathe new life into quality items they'd rather just go buy the hot new thing at IKEA because it's cool and hip. Some of the decisions that they've made just baffle me and seem so shortsighted.
Brilliant analogy!

And yes, GMR, BT and UoE were/are one E and two F-tickets (45 minutes and two hours for Energy and the tour!). All of them are about the grand gesture, about showmanship, about large, even massive, expansive sets. Build within seven years of one another in two of WDW's greatest eras. Enormous ride capacity too, plus everybody can ride, and all ages want to ride. All of these criteria are a lost art.

Dapper Dan

Disney have done right (for the most part) by Star Wars and Marvel, the two acquisitions with which I'm most familiar. I don't know enough about the history of the Muppets to offer a credible opinion as to whether that was the case here, but the creative disagreements that LucasFilm has had with folks like Josh Trank and Lord/Miller have actually been in defense of the legacy.
I don't know about doing right by Marvel so much. Sure, the movies are all hits but their comic book sales are in freefall.

The_Jobu

Can we talk about how amazing SeaWorld's nighttime show IGNITE is?! Honestly if HEA wasn't around I'd say it's the best show in Orlando
20232236_10211477387884430_7855294172321710817_o.jpg

OOOOOOO.... PRETTY!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom