News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Princess Leia

I might have to start watching Doctor Who again. Wow!

I don't really agree with announcing the casting choice this soon though. Personally, I'd rather be surprised while watching the episode, opposed to knowing who the new Doctor is months in advance.

When the Master was brought back in Series 3, that was kept under wraps, right?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Any chance that this addition is a variation of the previously proposed Enchanted Forest? I mean, the only real "attractions" included in that plan were a carousel and a small theater. Other than that, there was a labyrinth, an interactive play area, many meet & greet areas, and a bunch of neat things to look at, but no major D or E ticket attractions. The plan featured Alice in Wonderland, Marry Poppins, Winnie the Pooh and Robin Hood... all IPs I think most people would be okay using...

ae9eb071a9e3cabb458905e4949d5e77.jpg

EPCOTCenterLover

Any chance that this addition is a variation of the previously proposed Enchanted Forest? I mean, the only real "attractions" included in that plan were a carousel and a small theater. Other than that, there was a labyrinth, an interactive play area, many meet & greet areas, and a bunch of neat things to look at, but no major D or E ticket attractions. The plan featured Alice in Wonderland, Marry Poppins, Winnie the Pooh and Robin Hood... all IPs I think most people would be okay using...

View attachment 216159
Where did you find this? Fascinating!

tribbleorlfl

View attachment 216159
No way they're going to tear down the World ShowPlace/Millennium Village at this point. Too much revenue is generated by catering and Festival operations there.

Bravo finding that artwork, though, I've never herard if this proposal before.

Gomer

correct me if im wrong, but isnt the new doctor that was just announced the last reincarnation? if so, why would disney buy the franchise this late in the game?
They did away with the idea that the doctor only has 12 regenerations a few years back. As far as I am aware, there is currently no stated limit on the number of future incarnations. It could seemingly go on indefinitely.

So, I doubt that would be a problem for Disney. The sinking ratings in the US might be more of a problem at this point, but this seems like an unlikely fit anyway (as much as I'd personally be on board with it) when they have so many Disney owned IPs with a UK connection that they could easily use first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom