The Imagineering Break Room

D Hulk

Just got into Atlanta ~15 minutes ago. Hartsfield Jackson is such a streamlined airport it really is great. Much better than LAX or MCO.

We rode Gotg a grand total of 6 times (Fastpass + rope drop rocks), and every time we got a different song. The no gravity profile in particular is very cool.
I also love when rocket (Spoiler) says: "Is that Disneyland?" Genius:hilarious:.

Since a Marvel land is heavily rumored to happen (like the now confirmed by permits Ratatouille ride at EPCOT) riding it and enjoying Gotg I am okay with the move, but without a Marvel land it is very Universal like currently. I initially hated the idea with a passion, but have obviously changed my mind having ridden it.

Reminds me of Transformers being added for no reason at Universal Studios Park Orlando, but it isn't quite as bad since it is in its own corner, and will be apart of a new land.

I agree the exterior will take some getting used to, but it does look great at night (day not as good). I think the right side of the building looks the best, and like I've said before the story is very fun and frantic which works better for Gotg than the suspense it could have retained from the Tower of Terror. Pros and cons, but with a Marvel Land included IMO that's a win though. I would not be surprised if a name change happens.
It is equally very Universal like with the screens, but the park has a very diversified ride line-up compared to Uni.

I really like the Wharf and the West side of Paradise Pier. Gorgeous to look at. Really mimics San Fran and the Coney Island Pier look well.

Grizzly Peak also is a very fun land. Soarin' of course rocks, and then Grizzly River Run with its spinning drop is a blast. Also the fact that the raft has 8 vs. 12 on Kali at Animal Kingdom makes it far more choppy. Random question, but do you know if there is a reason Disney refuses to put dryers or changing rooms at the end of their raft rides? I guarantee more people would ride it then.

But I'll definitely explain more when I have the time. Good night everyone!!!

Oh must I mention Alice in Wonderland is fantastic. And Mr. road while much cheaper is really neat being sooo compact.
Really nuanced, fair review of Guardians. I loved the <spoiler>beginning launch</spoiler>. The queue video of all 5 Guardians in their prisons made me laugh, especially Drax. I've only done it once so far, got the no-gravity version. I've hopped over to Disneyland now, enjoying the west side, admiring the fresh rockwork around the Rivers and Frontierland. (Currently in the New Orleans shade enjoying pirate musicians.) Guardians aside, it's been a low-key day. Soarin' made me weep.

Haven't seen Guardians at night yet. The sun's still up out here. :eek:

Among DCA's lands, my favorites are Buena Vista Street (I adore a successful entry land) and Cars Land. The latter especially! Not for any attachment to the Cars franchise, to which I'm indifferent at best, but for how well it captures the look, feel and even the emotion of exploring the Southwestern deserts. This might speak more strongly to the local audience. I've been down Route 66 countless times, and done multi-week river treks through canyons resembling Ornament Valley (image search Canyon of the Gods in Utah). Cars Land is maybe as nostalgic for me as Main Street was for Walt.

As for no dryers on Grizzly River Run (aka GRR!:hilarious:), I can only guess it's because California is a lot less humid than Florida. I've seen GRR's queue length vary incredibly, usually with the minutes and the temperature being the exact same number.

As for pre-watching ride videos? I don't think I've done that yet! Well, excepting a few Ohio roller coasters, but that's almost pointless without the physical sensations. Everything in California or Paris I've first ridden blind. We'll see with Tokyo how it plays out, 'cause I can't stop watching some of their ride vids.

Finally, on the Fantasyland dark rides. Mr. Toad is my easy #1, due in part to its cheapness. It's anarchic unlike any other DL ride, and it feels like a crucial link to 1955 while wonderful rides like Alice see regular tech upgrades.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Really nuanced, fair review of Guardians. I loved the <spoiler>beginning launch</spoiler>. The queue video of all 5 Guardians in their prisons made me laugh, especially Drax. I've only done it once so far, got the no-gravity version. I've hopped over to Disneyland now, enjoying the west side, admiring the fresh rockwork around the Rivers and Frontierland. (Currently in the New Orleans shade enjoying pirate musicians.) Guardians aside, it's been a low-key day. Soarin' made me weep.

Among DCA's lands, my favorites are Buena Vista Street (I adore a successful entry land) and Cars Land. The latter especially! Not for any attachment to the Cars franchise, to which I'm indifferent at best, but for how well it captures the look, feel and even the emotion of exploring the Southwestern deserts. This might speak more strongly to the local audience. I've been down Route 66 countless times, and done multi-week river treks through canyons resembling Ornament Valley (image search Canyon of the Gods in Utah). Cars Land is maybe as nostalgic for me as Main Street was for Walt.

As for no dryers on Grizzly River Run (aka GRR!:hilarious:), I can only guess it's because California is a lot less humid than Florida. I've seen GRR's queue length vary incredibly, usually with the minutes and the temperature being the exact same number.

As for pre-watching ride videos? I don't think I've done that yet! Well, excepting a few Ohio roller coasters, but that's almost pointless without the physical sensations. Everything in California or Paris I've first ridden blind. We'll see with Tokyo how it plays out, 'cause I can't stop watching some of their ride vids.

Finally, on the Fantasyland dark rides. Mr. Toad is my easy #1, due in part to its cheapness. It's anarchic unlike any other DL ride, and it feels like a crucial link to 1955 while wonderful rides like Alice see regular tech upgrades.
I loooooove Disneyland's Fantasyland. So quaint and relaxing.

I did Paris and Disneyland blind too for every ride I believe except Radiator Springs Racers (completely different experience there). We're flirting with doing Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo next year together, and I have seen most of the ride son video.

I think Cars Land is less about Cars and more about the desert feel. It's in perfect contrast with the Wilderness that Grizzly Peak is.

Excellent land and use of IP to perfection.

Voxel

President of Progress City
So it is by far my favorite park. I am actually at the airport now waiting for my flight to ATL in a few short minutes.

It makes me appreciate Walt even more. The use of space, it's quaintness, and the sheer volume of rides per square foot with lower wait times, and super friendly cast members. I cannot say enough with how Good the cast is here.

We ate at Carthay Circle yesterday on my birthday (incredible incredible incredible!!!!)

We also got beyond lucky, there was an older man in the guardians of The Galaxy line in front of us yesterday, and he had a light-up a club 33 jacket. I knew you could not get that, so I said I really like his jacket and asked if he worked for the company (I almost didn't, but I figured what the heck).

He did not work for Disney (he's rich though), but in his party there was a person that did. His name was Joel, and he happened to be a former Imagineer:):). We talked for close to 20 minutes discussing everything, and the most striking thing he said to me was "if you want to be an Imagineer you can do it, but don't wait -- start now, but it is not how it was when I was there in the 90's". He is an incredibly talented artist and his notable works include DCA's original Tower of Terror, the moon in the sky that was added to the Barbossa potc battle because of him among others.

They also gave us a private tour of Club 1901, you have no idea how epic yesterday was.

I'll give more information later, but my parents met them too, and now they really want to go to Tokyo next year.
WHY DOES EVERYTHING FLY THROUGH ATLANTA!! Sorry I dislike Atlanta

Voxel

Also Voxel is in the online and brought to you by the Weird side of the Internet.

I loooooove Disneyland's Fantasyland. So quaint and relaxing.

I did Paris and Disneyland blind too for every ride I believe except Radiator Springs Racers (completely different experience there). We're flirting with doing Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo next year together, and I have seen most of the ride son video.

I think Cars Land is less about Cars and more about the desert feel. It's in perfect contrast with the Wilderness that Grizzly Peak is.

Excellent land and use of IP to perfection.
I truly felt that Cars Land was brilliant, when I was is Disneyland my group kept finding the need to go back and just exploring it. It was a brilliant land.

Also YAY Japan Buddy! I'll be in Tokyo next year, sadly I wont be in Hong Kong and Shanghai due to work reasons..

Voxel

Mr. Toad is the first Disney Ride I ever road when I was 2 years old and my grand parents took me on it. My family loves this ride and I have to buy every peice of Mr. Toad Merch for my mom it makes her day.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
WHY DOES EVERYTHING FLY THROUGH ATLANTA!! Sorry I dislike Atlanta
Hartsfield Jackson is the busies Airport in the world:D. something like 70-80% of the US population is within a 2 hour flight. The city also has a massive amount of land as there are no natural boundaries so it has sprawled and unlike many other major cities, Atlanta only has one major airport. And since land is cheaper than most other major cities, it allows for easier expansion (only boundary are the interstates which a runway now goes over I285). They are putting billions in the airport I believe too. Those things, plus Delta calling ATL its home give it access to virtually anywhere direct flights. The airport is also super streamlined and easy to navigate with the airport trains. So much simpler and convenient than Heathrow, MCO, La Guardia, LAX, or Charles De Gaulle.

Voxel

Hartsfield Jackson is the busies Airport in the world:D. something like 70-80% of the US population is within a 2 hour flight. The city also has a massive amount of land as there are no natural boundaries so it has sprawled and unlike many other major cities, Atlanta only has one major airport. And since land is cheaper than most other major cities, it allows for easier expansion (only boundary are the interstates which a runway now goes over I285). They are putting like 10 billion in the airport I believe too. Those things, plus Delta calling ATL its home give it access to virtually anywhere direct flights. The airport is also super streamlined and easy to navigate with the airport trains. So much simpler and convenient than Heathrow, MCO, La Guardia, LAX, or Charles De Gaulle.
Haha, I'm quiet aware of this, it doesn't help my hatred of the airport. The only times I've ever almost missed this flight is due to Atlanta I much rather fly into Dallas or chicago for a connection.

Suchomimus

Okay the weird side of the internet is starting to scare me

CzIAyuDUAAATE-h.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Hartsfield Jackson is the busies Airport in the world:D. something like 70-80% of the US population is within a 2 hour flight. The city also has a massive amount of land as there are no natural boundaries so it has sprawled and unlike many other major cities, Atlanta only has one major airport. And since land is cheaper than most other major cities, it allows for easier expansion (only boundary are the interstates which a runway now goes over I285). They are putting billions in the airport I believe too. Those things, plus Delta calling ATL its home give it access to virtually anywhere direct flights. The airport is also super streamlined and easy to navigate with the airport trains. So much simpler and convenient than Heathrow, MCO, La Guardia, LAX, or Charles De Gaulle.
I've never been one to fly so I judge places on how good their welcome centers are on the roads:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom