The Imagineering Break Room

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm not sure but I think you might have issues driving to Tokyo or Shanghai.
They way I've overcome my fear of flying recently is just staying up all night and then once on the plane falling right asleep. When we went to Nevada last year that worked!

Also for rest stops I've grown fond of the one in West Virginia since they have the A/C blasting so cold 24/7 it's like 50 degrees inside, very refreshing:p
216190_304533346312654_488764769_n.jpg

Voxel

President of Progress City
They way I've overcome my fear of flying recently is just staying up all night and then once on the plane falling right asleep. When we went to Nevada last year that worked!

Also for rest stops I've grown fond of the one in West Virginia since they have the A/C blasting so cold 24/7 it's like 50 degrees inside, very refreshing:p
OMG I think I've been to this rest stop! It's pure evil!!!!
Sadly I can't sleep on planes I have an over active imagination in my dreams. Usually ends with me skydiving in my dream and me almost screaming awake.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
No need to apologize. What's there not to dislike Atlanta anyway?
Are you from Atlanta? :confused::)
Coca Cola and GA Tech. The only two slightly redeeming parts of Atlanta.
The new Falcons dome may be the best on the planet when it opens. The Georgia Aquarium is the second biggest aquarium if not the biggest. We also got two new museums recently. And if you haven't been, The Fox Theater is absolutely stunning!
220px-Fox_Theater_night.jpg
Auditorium1.jpg

If you live here you will also notice a lot more people own property vs rent like many other cities, so it is potentially a better investment, and tons of people go on vacation here all of the time since rent is cheaper, so people like us can afford it unlike if we would live in California or Boston. Plus there are trees, oh there are trees.

The main downside for me is everything is so spread out, and MARTA's limited route (We live in Fulton County which is where almost all Marta rail goes), make public transport tricky, so Uber is ever present. Lyft hasn't caught on yet, but Delta has now partnered with them, so I'd expect it will start to grow far more rapidly.

Commuter rail could be great for Atlanta, but suburbs are dumb here and aren't fond of rail. You can't really walk most places like other cities, you NEED to own a car. Pros and Cons like anywhere I suppose.

And of course, CHICK-FIL-A!!! Enough said.:p

Voxel

Are you from Atlanta? :confused::)

The new Falcons dome may be the best on the planet when it opens. The Georgia Aquarium is the second biggest aquarium if not the biggest. We also got two new museums recently. And if you haven't been, The Fox Theater is absolutely stunning!
220px-Fox_Theater_night.jpg
Auditorium1.jpg

If you live here you will also notice a lot more people own property vs rent like many other cities, so it is potentially a better investment, and tons of people go on vacation here all of the time since rent is cheaper, so people like us can afford it unlike if we would live in California or Boston. Plus there are trees, oh there are trees.

The main downside for me is everything is so spread out, and MARTA's limited route (We live in Fulton County which is where almost all Marta rail goes), make public transport tricky, so Uber is ever present. Lyft hasn't caught on yet, but Delta has now partnered with them, so I'd expect it will start to grow far more rapidly.

Commuter rail could be great for Atlanta, but suburbs are dumb here and aren't fond of rail. You can't really walk most places like other cities, you NEED to own a car. Pros and Cons like anywhere I suppose.

And of course, CHICK-FIL-A!!! Enough said.:p
I use to live in Savannah, we looked down on Atlanta.. All joking aside Atlanta isn't a bad city, I would never live there in fact I have turned down opportunities cause it's not on my list. But than again I also love living near Disney world.

OMG The Japanese Youtube commercials are back!!

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Also Voxel is in the online and brought to you by the Weird side of the Internet.

I truly felt that Cars Land was brilliant, when I was is Disneyland my group kept finding the need to go back and just exploring it. It was a brilliant land.

Also YAY Japan Buddy! I'll be in Tokyo next year, sadly I won't be in Hong Kong and Shanghai due to work reasons..
When will you be going?!!!:jawdrop: We are thinking July 27th-31st in 2018. My parents are big Disney fans too, and seeing Disneyland especially they actually want to see all of them.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster

I'm terrified of heights. Mickey's Fun Wheel non-swinging was too much for me, but coasters and flying I'm fine with. No idea why, but they sort of relax me:D. That's a really good idea you had! I should try it just to pass the time a bit quicker.

Voxel

I'm terrified of heights. Mickey's Fun Wheel non-swinging was too much for me, but coasters and flying I'm fine with. No idea why, but they sort of relax me:D. That's a really good idea you had! I should try it just to pass the time a bit quicker.
Your not alone on terrified of hieghts. I hate heights but I have been on the worlds tallest roller coaster with no problems at all.

spacemt354

Chili's
It's funny the height doesn't bother me - I actually love looking out the window...it's just my irrational fear at times that something is going to go wrong. It's mostly due to an electrical problem we had in 2012 where the plane had to emergency land in Nebraska...twas not the best experience haha

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
It's funny the height doesn't bother me - I actually love looking out the window...it's just my irrational fear at times that something is going to go wrong. It's mostly due to an electrical problem we had in 2012 where the plane had to emergency land in Nebraska...twas not the best experience haha
Woah! what exactly happened? I think I would not fly for a long time:eek:.

My uncle lost an engine on a flight to Texas once, but they had 4 so they thankfully could make it to the nearest airport, so it does happen. It just doesn't happen often.

Voxel

Ahh but that's half the fun.. Jk. We had an emegency land at BWI because of smoke in the cabin once on a commuter flight.

spacemt354

Chili's
Woah! what exactly happened? I think I would not fly for a long time:eek:.

My uncle lost an engine on a flight to Texas once, but they had 4 so they thankfully could make it to the nearest airport, so it does happen. It just doesn't happen often.
First the flight was delayed because of a mechanical issue, then it took off an hour late and about 2.5 hours into the flight (we were going to Disneyland) the plane started to descend and we definitely weren't there yet. A few crew ran to the back of the plane and before we know it we are landing in Lincoln, Nebraska -- and it was apparently due to an electrical failure. Eventually a new plane came (8 hours later lol) and we got there in good shape.

This was also a United flight so we were mad with United before it was cool :p

Voxel

First the flight was delayed because of a mechanical issue, then it took off an hour late and about 2.5 hours into the flight (we were going to Disneyland) the plane started to descend and we definitely weren't there yet. A few crew ran to the back of the plane and before we know it we are landing in Lincoln, Nebraska -- and it was apparently due to an electrical failure. Eventually a new plane came (8 hours later lol) and we got there in good shape.

This was also a United flight so we were mad with United before it was cool :p
I must be the only person in the world who is happy with United. haha.

D Hulk

Your not alone on terrified of hieghts. I hate heights but I have been on the worlds tallest roller coaster with no problems at all.
Whoooo, Voxel's been on Kingda Ka!

I'd like to do that. Been on Top Thrill Dragster, the world's second tallest coaster. So, so, so fun!
IMG_3709.JPG

Coasters aren't scary unless they load the seat full of snakes or I'm riding with a clown (or it goes backwards - ugh!).

Attachments

• IMG_3706.JPG
    IMG_3706.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 28

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom