Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RAXIP

I doubt that. they still have a lot of concrete work to do before they can start rising the steel building that goes around it. I don't suspect that building will have any significant steel raised for at least another 2 months.
Found the steel in question. Not part of the Falcon but just behind it. Anyone know what this is for?
5AD4D53F-0AF6-44F8-85F7-928BB33B14CE.jpg

via @bioreconstruct on twitter

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

djkidkaz

Watching that DL video of the construction the building seems HUGE! Maybe its just the angle they are shooting from but it appears we still have quite a bit more to be added to our Battle attraction building. With a building that size does anyone have an idea of the ride length of the battle attraction? Also, I know there was a rumor a while back about having to disembark your vehicle during the ride and then boarding another vehicle, can anyone elaborate on this and if its accurate or just rumor? @marni1971 ?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Watching that DL video of the construction the building seems HUGE! Maybe its just the angle they are shooting from but it appears we still have quite a bit more to be added to our Battle attraction building. With a building that size does anyone have an idea of the ride length of the battle attraction? Also, I know there was a rumor a while back about having to disembark your vehicle during the ride and then boarding another vehicle, can anyone elaborate on this and if its accurate or just rumor? @marni1971 ?
Rumour.

powderehss

Star Wars is not replacing Great Movie Ride. It's supposed to be replaced by a Mickey themed ride (Trackless if I remember)

Well that's a big breath of relief.
Though it's a shame I never got to ride Great Movie Ride... Never got to ride it last year because the queue wait time was 120+ minutes.
I hope they get to keep the star plaques they had there like with The Rocketeer and Roger Rabbit's footprints.

A Mickey ride sounds kinda cute though. It's probably going to be about his conception maybe...?
Or maybe it's gonna be like a ride through Toontown or something.

Excited to hear that they're using trackless cars for it though! I've seen the cool stuff they've done with Phantom Manor, Ratatouille and Tokyo Disney Winnie the Pooh with those trackless cars. Can't wait! Imagineering never dissappoints.

powderehss

Yeah
Holy cow 120 minutes for GMR? Dang. Park must have been insanely crowded LOL

Insiders seem to suggest the Mickey ride will be well done, such a shame it's replacing GMR though :(
Yeah we went during a school vacation week last year lol, so I suppose that's why a bunch of places were packed
And that too...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom