Whispering Canyon Cafe

Raineman

Original Poster
Our first meal at WDW during our upcoming trip will be dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. It will be the first time in the three WDW trips we have taken that we will be eating a TS meal at a resort. Just wondering, for anyone who has been there, what your impressions were of it, and what menu item you would recommend. We are leaning towards the skillet, so we can share, if we get that, and maybe an app or something else.

belledream

Such a fun and interactive atmosphere in the midst of a peaceful and relaxing resort. I appreciate the dichotomy. The food is pretty well-done American fare. We got theAll-You-Care-To-Enjoy Skillet (so we could have 'all the things') but I'm not sure they'd let you order one for say, a party of 4, and nothing else. We also got the Steak-Your-Claim Char-crusted New York Strip. Pretty decent and SO FILLING. Don't forget the refillable milkshakes...mmm. They serve great chocolate and cheesecakes in little jars and they are to die for. Have fun!

21stamps

We ordered the skillet, they charge per person for that. It's not really my style of food, but the salad and bread was delicious!

The experience was great. The milkshakes were great.. we did not do any appetizers, and were still too full for desert- ended up taking to go and eating later that night, also was great :)

Just based on my personal palette I'll probably do breakfast next time, or just order the red quinoa cakes instead of the skillet.

ABQ

You'll have a great time, the skillet's a good choice if most people in your party enjoy the offerings, no one will leave hungry, that's certain. Time it right, you can catch some of the higher fireworks out by the water after your meal and the electric water pageant as well.

donaldtoo

We've been there 3 times and have always enjoyed it. We always get the all-you-care-to-enjoy Skillet. The food's not stellar, but, it's good, and the atmosphere has always been a hoot!
One of our party got put in "jail" for having their cell phone out on our last visit in June of '13...!!! :hilarious: :)
Hope y'all have a blast...! :)

whispering-canyon-cafe.jpg

epcotisbest

We ordered the skillet, they charge per person for that. It's not really my style of food, but the salad and bread was delicious!

The experience was great. The milkshakes were great.. we did not do any appetizers, and were still too full for desert- ended up taking to go and eating later that night, also was great :)

Just based on my personal palette I'll probably do breakfast next time, or just order the red quinoa cakes instead of the skillet.

Quinoa...I'm gonna put that on my list...of things to never, ever order at WCC! :joyfull:

21stamps

We've been there 3 times and have always enjoyed it. We always get the all-you-care-to-enjoy Skillet. The food's not stellar, but, it's good, and the atmosphere has always been a hoot!
One of our party got put in "jail" for having their cell phone out on our last visit in June of '13...!!! :hilarious: :)
Hope y'all have a blast...! :)

whispering-canyon-cafe.jpg

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious!!

Phonedave

Our first meal at WDW during our upcoming trip will be dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. It will be the first time in the three WDW trips we have taken that we will be eating a TS meal at a resort. Just wondering, for anyone who has been there, what your impressions were of it, and what menu item you would recommend. We are leaning towards the skillet, so we can share, if we get that, and maybe an app or something else.

Just want to make sure that the OP knows how WCC "works". I have read too many stories of people going into places liek WCC and 50' Prime Time and being upset because their dining experience was not what they expected.

WCC is loud, and the wait staff is - rude? curt? short? demanding? embarrassing? - nto quite sure how to explain it. They will do certain things to make fun of you, or to call you out (like the jail example above). Read some reviews about it if you have not, and understand what sort of place it is.

As far as food is concerened, its a restaruant with an "all you care to enjoy" option - so we are talking quantity over quality. It's not bad, but it's nothing so all fired great. I have not eaten there in years, but when I last did, you were able to order the skillet (the all you can eat option) for a portion of your party, and the rest could order a la carte. The people who did not order the skillet (i.e pay for it) cannot eat from it. Anybody who eats from the skillet has to pay for the skillet.

I thought it was fun, but then I like that sort of stuff - I go right back at the wait staff.

As for the food, I would most likely pass on the "all you care to enjoy", but that's just me. I also pass on the bottomless milkshakes. YOu end up feeling sick and bloated - ugh.

-dave

DH and I were put in 'jail' for nicking a bottle of ketchup off another table at breakfast! All good fun!

We also went for dinner after a nine hour flight, completely exhausted and they respected that we did not want to be included in the fun- they sat us in a quiet area and the service was still top notch!

Raineman

Original Poster
Just want to make sure that the OP knows how WCC "works". I have read too many stories of people going into places liek WCC and 50' Prime Time and being upset because their dining experience was not what they expected.

WCC is loud, and the wait staff is - rude? curt? short? demanding? embarrassing? - nto quite sure how to explain it. They will do certain things to make fun of you, or to call you out (like the jail example above). Read some reviews about it if you have not, and understand what sort of place it is.

As far as food is concerened, its a restaruant with an "all you care to enjoy" option - so we are talking quantity over quality. It's not bad, but it's nothing so all fired great. I have not eaten there in years, but when I last did, you were able to order the skillet (the all you can eat option) for a portion of your party, and the rest could order a la carte. The people who did not order the skillet (i.e pay for it) cannot eat from it. Anybody who eats from the skillet has to pay for the skillet.

I thought it was fun, but then I like that sort of stuff - I go right back at the wait staff.

As for the food, I would most likely pass on the "all you care to enjoy", but that's just me. I also pass on the bottomless milkshakes. YOu end up feeling sick and bloated - ugh.

-dave
We've been to 50's Prime Time, and we don't mind the antics of the wait staff at all, so we're good with that. I did see online somewhere where each table has a card that you place face up, one side or the other, which will let the wait staff know if you are into the fun, or you just want a quiet dinner-is this still in place there?

LadyBirdV

Fun restaurant at a beautiful resort. I think I had the meatloaf. I remember the food being "fine". My kids loved the antics with the ketchup.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Quinoa...I'm gonna put that on my list...of things to never, ever order at WCC! :joyfull:
:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious: I'm sure your bbq is better than theirs but it's quite good from what I hear my boys loved it but thought the bread had a bit too much sugar for their taste. Try the quinoa it is excellent:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

MotherofaPrincessLover

We've been to 50's Prime Time, and we don't mind the antics of the wait staff at all, so we're good with that. I did see online somewhere where each table has a card that you place face up, one side or the other, which will let the wait staff know if you are into the fun, or you just want a quiet dinner-is this still in place there?
I ate there in September and it was in place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom