The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I ran a lot in the service... mostly for weight loss purposes. Lost 90 pounds in seven weeks. I ran some after basic training, but, usually only to catch up with the guys on the way to the clubs. I did some when I got out, but, for a very brief time due to spending most of my time attempting to support myself and my wife. After that only in emergencies. Now if you happen to see me planted face down on the pavement it is because I attempted to run. After my leg surgery it was no longer possible. One of the things that I am quite thankful about. My knees and hips, although reacting somewhat to the beloved aging process, are still in pretty good working order. My leg injury didn't really involve any joint damage, just tendon, muscle and nerve problems.

I haven't thought about your faceplants in a few months. Are you doing better with that, did different shoes help?

Gabe1

Well, the Disney site lists the opening times for the safari from 9am to 9:30 pm, so I'm guessing it's still a go. We only did the daytime one because our first AK day got rained out and all the outdoor stuff was closed due to a storm, and the 2nd AK day we spent the evening seeing the Tree of Life awakening and then we were so tired we decided to turn in early for once. I'm hoping we can go back to Disney in a couple of years and go for a full 2 weeks so we have a bit more time to catch the things we missed earlier in the trip. I'd love to do an evening Safari next time.

Thank you.

Gabe1

I think that's why we're down to CP breakfast and TH. With the new MK opening procedure CP may also go bye bye for us:(. Seeing we have allergies I don't mind so much because we have to get walked through the line, a few things come straight from the kitchen and at TH our server was very attentive:joyfull: Plates were cleared promptly, drinks kept filled and such.

Really I don't see much of a reason for 'servers' at a buffet. I'm not a big fan of buffets anywhere but if they put in a beverage bar and a bar like they have for Primetime-Tune Lounge they could just omit servers all together and just have CMs busing the tables. Just pay when you come in like BOG lunch.

Gabe1

I write almost exclusively in cursive which may be a good thing because both my boys can at least read cursive. James can write in it but not to my satisfaction, not that his printing is leaps and bounds better:cautious::banghead:

Lots of times writing is a visual thing. I was born cross eyed. My kids were not but had weak eye muscles that make eyes at times not work together and each eye seeing a different thing. Another warning sign is kids pushing their faces too close to their paper or book they are reading which forces the eyes to see the same thing at the same time, these are kids that often loose their place while reading. I so wish every kid had to see an ophthalmologist for a real visual screening to make sure the eyes were functioning correctly together not just a chart to see if they could read the letters on the chart.
So many special ed issues are more physical eye related than cognitive.

Gabe1

Monday was always my favorite day of the week when the kids were in school, and my husband went to work. I loved the peace and quiet. Monday was usually the day when I could start a new project, or catch up on something that needed doing after a hectic weekend with the rest of the family. I still like Mondays the best.

Right there with ya sister friend!

Gabe1

^^^This!!!! This year more than ever with having even more hectic weekends now:banghead: Not to mention having to be somewhat quiet during the day:brb:

Blah!

We had gone through a bad period of time during the recession when the Husband worked only 2.5 days a week. Nothing flowed right. Went on for almost 2 years. Under foot is never good even when under foot is asleep.

Gabe1

I don't even know if those are available in grocery stores around here, but, I don't ever remember seeing them...:cyclops:
Thanks for the heads up though...! :)

We have them here but they are an East Coast hit. The flavor is awesome, they have a great smoked taste even when they are not BBQ'd. I have an issue with the texture, they have a more mushie texture.

Gabe1

The real world is a downer. I've had 3 days to decompress here (got home Thursday night), and I can barely stand the thought of going to work in the morning. Ugh.

I didn't notice much trash out of place, but I did see a bottle floating in a stream and shook my head. How far would it be for that person to put it in a trash can--there's plenty of them around. What got to me were all the stupid hair bands at the top of Everest. I've read about this idiocy, and it really detracts from the themeing of the ride.

HM queue didn't bother me. Was there an issue when you went into the single line at the end--were you separated from your group? (There is kind of a bottleneck when it goes into the single line.)

As for the various pools, I agree--great way to escape the heat! :)

I thought of you, it was extremely warm for May down there.

Gabe1

I hate those hair bands on Everest too. I don't see the point and how hard would it be for Disney to take a broom to that area when they do track inspections.

I never noticed the hairbands until I actually looked for them after reading it on the forums. I guess it is a 'thing' on coasters not exclusive to Disney. I have noticed the copy cat thing at Blizzard Beach as you ride the chair lift up to the slides. Everest has another oddity with the playing of tiddly winks, trying to balance coins in the queue. Kali too with the coins. Me I'm not parting with my hair ties or coins.

Gabe1

Yea, this one still kinda' blows my mind. First off, why would people do that in the first place? What kind of stooooopid pig "right of passage" is that...?!?!?! :confused:
Sorry, but, to me anyway, that's like takin' a carp on Walt.
Yea, maybe a little melodramatic on my part, but, even our local Six Flags park down the road took out a particular "bridge" (decorative) on the flume ride years ago because moron pigs kept sticking gum to it. :bored:

We have a bridge in IL that has chain link on the sides over the creek. The chain link is filled with attached combination pad locks. Rumor is it started with graduating Seniors affixed their locks to the fence upon graduation. Over the decades it has become almost art. All the colors. Amazingly these locks really don't rust even with our harsh weather. This isn't the bridge but similar.

2aefa706458090634f6bc53b0c57201c.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Really I don't see much of a reason for 'servers' at a buffet. I'm not a big fan of buffets anywhere but if they put in a beverage bar and a bar like they have for Primetime-Tune Lounge they could just omit servers all together and just have CMs busing the tables. Just pay when you come in like BOG lunch.
I agree for the most part but a good server helps with us timing the character interaction:joyfull: for all other buffets your plan is best:inlove::inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom