The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

YUM! I walked by there, but didn't look inside. Looking forward to your food pictures and restaurant review! :hungry:
We both loved the polite pig. It's a new twist on bar-b-que. Hubby's baked beans had a lemon topping on the baked beans, with a slight chili flavor. I like the pulled pork sandwich, and the chicken. I loved the apple slaw on top the sandwich. The sweet potato tater tots were okay, I loved the sweet and peppery bar-b-que sauce. The honey orange cake was different, hubby liked it me, not so much. It had a very dense texture.

betty rose

@betty rose was the food good at the Polite Pig? It looks good. I would like to go but hubs doesn't which I find odd since he loves BBQ.
I loved the chicken and pulled pork...they had 5 different sauces, we tried three...I loved the peppery sweet sauce, or just the sweet sauce. We tried the mustard sauce, it didn't go as well with anything we ate.

FutureCEO

Not that this is anything new, but I just wanted to remind everyone that if you can make it to the EMH (different parks on different days), you can really plow through some of the bigger attractions in short time.

For example, AK -- Kilimanjaro Safari and Everest both done before 9 AM (no fastpass either). In EPCOT, I went on Soarin, Living With the Land, Test Trak, and Journey into Imagination -- all, also, before 9:20 AM (no fastpass on those either). Disclaimer: Journey isn't exactly a blockbuster :p, but I mentioned it just to show how many attractions you can fit in, in a short time span, when the park is only open to Disney hotel guests. :happy:

Figment was actually a 40 minute wait last week (feels like a lifetime ago)

BAChicagoGal

Thanks for all the chat & Pics of WDW trips. I really appreciate the updates of everyone's journeys to the World. The older I get, the more I appreciate the fact that I got to visit the Disney Parks as many times as I did. I lost count on exactly how many trips to each US location, but I think it's about a dozen times each, with my next trip counted in there as well. Not sure if the money will be there for future trips, so it's nice to have this website, to enjoy other people's shared pics, and posts.

donaldtoo

It's losing it's appeal for us, but the grand kids love it still. The youngest asked if he could go to Disney after the divorce. I wouldn't give that up for anything. We will keep our time in Disney as long as the Grand Kids want to go.

Yep, I will always be huge Disney fan, in general, especially of the things that Walt and his animators and Imagineers did back in the day, and the ones that were young enough to have worked with him, and lived many years beyond to, mostly, continue the legacy. Even many others that never worked with him, but, "got it". And, of course, they couldn't have done it without the powers that be being on board, as well.
Not exactly sure where the disconnect is (especially in Parks & Resorts) these days. You can come up with all the coolest attraction ideas in the world, but if you can't get them properly (budget cuts) funded and built in a timely manner, it just becomes a joke, after a while. :cyclops:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Apparently the shoes made all the difference. Not even a close call since I got the new ones. Makes sense because I never had the problem until I started using those other shoes. Hard to believe that a shoe can make that much difference, but, it really did. I think that if I hadn't had the leg issue to begin with they would have been really good for older people because they're (on the box) slip resistant. However, slip resistant with my situation is not a good thing.

Very good to hear Sir! :inlove:

Gabe1

This has been done elsewhere as well. In Paris, couples would lock their commitment to love each other, by putting a lock on the bridge fence. Problem was that after some years of doing this, the weight of the metal locks (the photos I saw did not have any open spaces like your photo above) started to cause some weight issues.

Here's a report from the BBC from a few years ago, about the outcome:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32960470

I have not seen any sway in the chainlink fence over all these years. We must engineer better bridges on this side of the pond. :p

Gabe1

That's interesting. When I was in third grade, I had an operation on my left eye--it was turning inward. So I guess they had to redirect (the muscle ?) behind it to the other direction to straighten it out. Whatever they did, it worked.

I enjoyed the time in the children's unit at the hospital, because we had a playroom, and I got to play with the other kids there. They also gave (some) of us ice cream, and I thought it was just the best place for a kid at the time! :hilarious:

Love awesome results. My Doc opted not to operate. He believed in strengthening the eye muscles through therapy. Dear Lord I learned to hate that. It only partially worked. Nobody to look at me would ever notice how my eyes were once born, they look perfectly fine. Visually though not so much. As I read I see two different words at the same time as I read, same with numbers, I overcame that with a calculator. When reading a book or on a computer I read very unconsciously with one eye, my right. My BIL also does the same as does my neighbor. My right eye has stronger muscles so I read with that one and the other just seems to day dream. I was 20 when a different Doc picked up on all that. I would have been a great candidate back in school years for books and text books on CDs. Still I have 20/20 vision. I understand how special ed kids go diagnosed.

When both of my kids had similar issues the prisms in their glasses did strengthen their eye muscles enough to correct where my therapy didn't.
Progress. Neither wear glasses at all though my DD did got through high school and college utilizing books and text on CD at times. Time management.

I loved your hospital stay memories.

Gabe1

I agree for the most part but a good server helps with us timing the character interaction:joyfull: for all other buffets your plan is best:inlove::inlove:

I tip well. Sometimes way too well for good service. I appreciate it and give kudos to those who do it well. Buffets I still do but begrudge in my own head. It isn't a personal thing with staff, it is the custom for that general lack of service while self serving that I don't agree with.

The custom was devised for the owners of the establishments to keep what they pay the staff below minimum wage and put the the earnings of staff on the consumer by making buffets, a self service venue a tipped position, benefiting the owners not the consumer. Annoying.

Goofyernmost

Some people also use orthotic inserts for shoes that really help their balance. Not sure if a general practice MD can tell you what size to get, or if you need to be measured by a podiatrist. You may not need those now anyway--sounds like the new shoes are working out well. :)
The events triggered a whole bunch of action from the VA concerning my feet. I have always been flat footed so they have authorized custom made inserts for my shoes (haven't gotten them yet as they are being manufactured), correction of a nail fungus problem and so on. The shoes seem to have taken care of the falling problem, but, my feet have been a source of pain for a number of years now. I am really happy that they are taking an active stance on fixing things up, even if I am older then dirt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom