Stark Industries - The Future of the MCU (Open Discussion)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So would you say that a minor death like Rhodey would have been acceptable, just to strengthen that the Avengers are really divided?
Yeah, I still agree with the film makers with saving character deaths for Infinity War. Even Rhodey has been in like 4 or 5 movies before that. No one in that movie is really thaaaaat minor.

But I understand why someone dying in Civil War would've given the movie more impact.

Honestly, I think they should 've saved Civil War until after Thanos is done as Acenters 4 or 5. So, they could've had their cake and eaten it too so to speak.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
Yeah, I still agree with the film makers with saving character deaths for Infinity War. Even Rhodey has been in like 4 or 5 movies before that. No one in that movie is really thaaaaat minor.

But I understand why someone dying in Civil War would've given the movie more impact.

Honestly, I think they should 've saved Civil War until after Thanos is done as Acenters 4 or 5. So, they could've had their cake and eaten it too so to speak.
I see why they did it before, though. Having the Avengers have to try and reassemble will make it much harder to prepare for Thanos. Also, a death like Rhodey's would have most likely made Iron Man really mad at Cap and not as willing to reunite.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I see why they did it before, though. Having the Avengers have to try and reassemble will make it much harder to prepare for Thanos. Also, a death like Rhodey's would have most likely made Iron Man really mad at Cap and not as willing to reunite.
True. I hope the split and reunion is given proper time in Infinity War and not a rushed "everything is fine because we have to fight this guy and we're 100 percent buddies again." In the first 15 minutes.

spacemt354

Chili's
Debate: Should Captain America (Steve Rogers) have died in Civil War?
Technically "Captain America" died according to the directors...as he'll just be called Steve apparently (spoilers) but him dropping the shield in front of Iron Man was apparently symbolic of him giving up his mantle of Cap.
captain-america-was-dumb-to-fight-thanos-14824.jpg

I'm going to guess in Infinity War he will have a grand exit, and then pass the mantle off to Bucky or Sam Wilson.

spacemt354

Chili's
I also think Marvel should have saved the Infinity War title until after Civil War. It was announced Oct 2014...3.5 and 4.5 years before it would have been released (Spring 2018 and 2019). They could have easily waited until Summer 2016 to announce Infinity War.

It would have kept the suspense for Civil War. I knew most of the heroes would make it through because there was a bigger film in the midst. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the movie, but it would have added an extra element to it.

Daveeeeed

I also think Marvel should have saved the Infinity War title until after Civil War. It was announced Oct 2014...3.5 and 4.5 years before it would have been released (Spring 2018 and 2019). They could have easily waited until Summer 2016 to announce Infinity War.

It would have kept the suspense for Civil War. I knew most of the heroes would make it through because there was a bigger film in the midst. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the movie, but it would have added an extra element to it.
Haven't thought about that, but you are right!

spacemt354

Chili's
So I know there are a ton of folks who have played 2 comic book characters (good or bad ). Keaton is now at 3. Oddly enough all of his named after flying creatures. Is there anybody more than that?
Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone who has played more than 2.

Chris Evans - Human Torch/Cap
Ryan Reynolds - Green Lantern/Deadpool
Samuel L Jackson - Frozone/Nick Fury
and possibly Michael Shannon -- who is the lead candidate for Cable in Deadpool 2 and played Zod.

Disney Dad 3000

and possibly Michael Shannon -- who is the lead candidate for Cable in Deadpool 2 and played Zod.

Yeah, that 2 list has grown over the years,
berry, affleck, routh, etc
Funny that it's Keaton who probably leads the way

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Ryan Reynolds was in Blade Trinity.

Chris Evans was also in the Losers which was based on a DC comic. And he started in Snowpiercer which was based on a graphic novel. AND he was an evil ex in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World based on a comic. ANND he starred in Push which, while not based on a specific comic, is a super hero story. ANNNNNNDDDDD he was Casey Jones in the animated TMNT movie.

That puts Chris Evans at 7 films. All out two of which he was a very major character if not the lead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom