AVATAR land construction progress

Capsin4

Yep.

My question is what's the bottom left of the second to last picture going to be? It's just a bare concrete area at the moment.
If I had to guess, I'd say that's the roof of a store. It has a hut like thing sticking out of it that meshes with the concept art of the store. One of those images has what looks like the inside of a thatch arch and the other looks like a flat roofed warehouse. Maybe that's the store you get routed through on exit. The frame sticking out looks like it could be scaffolding for ceiling work.
7925e4_f458caa79cef4625b559ba4ac969575d~mv2.webp
7925e4_adac990ade5f4107b4d986afbe10b3bf~mv2.webp

Capsin4

If I had to guess, I'd say that's the roof of a store. It has a hut like thing sticking out of it that meshes with the concept art of the store. One of those images has what looks like the inside of a thatch arch and the other looks like a flat roofed warehouse. Maybe that's the store you get routed through on exit. The frame sticking out looks like it could be scaffolding for ceiling work.
7925e4_f458caa79cef4625b559ba4ac969575d~mv2.webp
7925e4_adac990ade5f4107b4d986afbe10b3bf~mv2.webp
EDIT: Nevermind. That image is clearly the dining.Maybe something similar.

tribbleorlfl

It's a remnant of the old times when the humans were running roughshod over the land and its people.
Now, it's been reclaimed by adding native accouterments. They're diminishing its power and fearfulness
by making fun of it, making it playful.

Whether you like that idea or not, it makes storytelling sense, and so there it is . . .

For my part, I'd rather NOT have all the remains of the mercenary equipment, but I understand why
they chose to have it there.
This early concept artwork clearly featured one of the mechs, toppled over and being reclaimed by the jungle. Personally, I've been looking forward to elements like this as it sets a firm temporal marker for the land and pushes the narrative that nature and conservation will win out over "progress" and exploitation.

My question with the backstage aerial shot of the prop, though, is why does it appear standing, intact and look new? Unless they'll have multiple, you'd think they would have built the prop already laying on the ground.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This early concept artwork clearly featured one of the mechs, toppled over and being reclaimed by the jungle. Personally, I've been looking forward to elements like this as it sets a firm temporal marker for the land and pushes the narrative that nature and conservation will win out over "progress" and exploitation.

My question with the backstage aerial shot of the prop, though, is why does it appear standing, intact and look new? Unless they'll have multiple, you'd think they would have built the prop already laying on the ground.

The one we see back stage is probably for this, which is a more recent piece of art...

avatar-land-disneys-animal-kingdom-72.jpg

Mike S

I never noticed that before. That's actually a very specific plot point in the movie. Same with that building. If they're truly recreating that scene there should be a skeleton in military uniform with arrows through its chest in that robot. Also the glass cover should be completely gone.

Yes I'm one of the few people that remember the movie lol.

bhg469

i hope they will put more trees to cover up the show building for Flight of Passage. As of now you can see the entire thing from the buses!
I was there yesterday and while I was there I saw a few people working on that hill. I agree completely, but I cannot imagine them not filling up that space. Its not like it is barely visible, it is very obvious.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I never noticed that before. That's actually a very specific plot point in the movie. Same with that building. If they're truly recreating that scene there should be a skeleton in military uniform with arrows through its chest in that robot. Also the glass cover should be completely gone.

Yes I'm one of the few people that remember the movie lol.

His wasn't the only mech that was destroyed in the movie.

Mike S

His wasn't the only mech that was destroyed in the movie.
I know but his was the one that was left lying so close to the mobile Avatar link unit that's also seen in the picture. Speaking of which that should also be partially damaged since he attempted to break into it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom