AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Mech armor prop back stage:

upload_2017-2-23_20-42-50.png

Atomicmickey

Me either. I don't get how it fits the land.

It's a remnant of the old times when the humans were running roughshod over the land and its people.
Now, it's been reclaimed by adding native accouterments. They're diminishing its power and fearfulness
by making fun of it, making it playful.

Whether you like that idea or not, it makes storytelling sense, and so there it is . . .

For my part, I'd rather NOT have all the remains of the mercenary equipment, but I understand why
they chose to have it there.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does anybody know if the flight ride has any aspect of a battle or war between humans and blue guys or is it mostly just a scenic tour over Pandora?

flyerjab

Does anybody know if the flight ride has any aspect of a battle or war between humans and blue guys or is it mostly just a scenic tour over Pandora?

I had wondered that too but assumed that to fit in with the 'back story' there would be no battle sequence. I was hoping at one point early on when Pandora was still in the development stages that there could be more than one video ride to experience. I was thinking that there could be a more tame version similar to Soarin', as well as one that was much more intense. Imagine how cool a simulator ride this could be if you flew into a scene like that battle sequence in the floating mountains.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I had wondered that too but assumed that to fit in with the 'back story' there would be no battle sequence. I was hoping at one point early on when Pandora was still in the development stages that there could be more than one video ride to experience. I was thinking that there could be a more tame version similar to Soarin', as well as one that was much more intense. Imagine how cool a simulator ride this could be if you flew into a scene like that battle sequence in the floating mountains.
Exactly what I was thinking. I think you are right. The backstory seems to be based on a time of peace well after the battles. I wonder if the ride will have some other plot or story where we are on a task to do something or if we are purely sight seeing. @Magic Feather or @marni1971 anythng you can share about the plot?

DDLand

No battle. This is set some 50 years after the events of the movie. The ride is supposed to be more about you and the Animal. Realizing your weakness and its' strength. Absorbing the beauty of the surrounding areas. The power of nature.

In order to ride the Banshee, it's supposed to take trust between you and the creature. It's a two way street.

I wouldn't be totally shocked if there's some sort of conflict in which you're attacked by another native Pandoran creature that requires your Banshee to do some evasive action. Though that's conjecture...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
No battle. This is set some 50 years after the events of the movie. The ride is supposed to be more about you and the Animal. Realizing your weakness and its' strength. Absorbing the beauty of the surrounding areas. The power of nature.

In order to ride the Banshee, it's supposed to take trust between you and the creature. It's a two way street.

your words...touched me...

Capsin4

Woooow. I thought the "cat" was an animated scene, but it looks physical when paused. Do we know anything about it? Is anything in that video just CG?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom