A Spirited Valentine ...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
From somebody who is on 4 hour notice for international travel, American MONEY is always welcome, Americans themselves not so much.

It's always good to have a trusted translator who tells you what people are actually saying about you and I try to avoid anything on my person which identifies me as American.

I have no notice. Usually, I wake up in a foreign land with mere seconds to figure out the parameters of my mission before my brief disintegrates. I'm lucky if they've given me a handful of local currency and a new fangled weapon of some type.

DDLand

This is an interesting article on a commercial cross promoting "Universal Parks and Resorts." At a time when One Disney is breaking down, Universal seems to be doing the opposite. If you're not a Niles fan stay away, but it is interesting. Also throws shade at Disney...

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201702/5460/

There's a certain distastefulness to those sorts of cheap shots, but hey, some people like them!

Mike S

This is an interesting article on a commercial cross promoting "Universal Parks and Resorts." At a time when One Disney is breaking down, Universal seems to be doing the opposite. If you're not a Niles fan stay away, but it is interesting. Also throws shade at Disney...

There's a certain distastefulness to those sorts of cheap shots, but hey, some people like them!
As long as it's just ads and they don't go all "DisneyParks" mode all over the parks themselves I see no problem.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Interesting. I kinda think maybe the Universal Parks approach is just a practical and economic way to advertise the parks in general. If you run national TV adds you can run one commercial for the whole country. The better question is will they go to common products like Disney did with everything down to cups and napkins. There was a pretty negative fan blowback from Disney fans over scrapping the resort and park specific items. I think it could be a mistake for Uni to follow that path if that's the plan.

DDLand

As long as it's just ads and they don't go all "DisneyParks" mode all over the parks themselves I see no problem.
I have to admit personally-and this sacrilege- I was never really bothered by the shared cups and bags. To me it was always sort of cool to know that there was more to Disney than just the World, and it got me thinking of outside just my sphere.

Though I see it both ways, it just was never something that annoyed me constantly. What is for sure is One Disney really damaged the operations of both parks, and left serious harm in its wake.

Universal needs to make sure they don't switch over to the old tone deaf management that Disney used to have. My favorite is when Disneyland was mandated to have the 24 hour party by Orlando, but it sent shockwaves throughout Anaheim because there was no understanding.

Oh Rasulo...

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I have to admit personally-and this sacrilege- I was never really bothered by the shared cups and bags. To me it was always sort of cool to know that there was more to Disney than just the World, and it got me thinking of outside just my sphere.

Though I see it both ways, it just was never something that annoyed me constantly. What is for sure is One Disney really damaged the operations of both parks, and left serious harm in its wake.

Universal needs to make sure they don't switch over to the old tone deaf management that Disney used to have. My favorite is when Disneyland was mandated to have the 24 hour party by Orlando, but it sent shockwaves throughout Anaheim because there was no understanding.

Oh Rasulo...

In theory I can see where OneDisney was a GREAT idea. However, I've never been much of a theory guy - drove my Master's professors up the wall to be honest.

I don't know a lot behind the initiative, but it seems to me the company is just too diverse to be run in that method, ultimately causing a lot of unintended damage.

gonzoWDW

I'm sure other people noticed the "13 months for the price of 12" deal Disney offered (I believe in December and January) for Annual Passes. Have they offered anything similar in the past?

I've been trying to figure out the motivation behind it. Way I figure, it's either a BAU offer I've never noticed before, they're trying to segment the market to squeeze as much revenue as possible at different price points, or AP numbers were significantly behind targets and they needed to catch up. I was mostly surprised to see it offered in the 6 months immediately preceding Pandora.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm sure other people noticed the "13 months for the price of 12" deal Disney offered (I believe in December and January) for Annual Passes. Have they offered anything similar in the past?

I've been trying to figure out the motivation behind it. Way I figure, it's either a BAU offer I've never noticed before, they're trying to segment the market to squeeze as much revenue as possible at different price points, or AP numbers were significantly behind targets and they needed to catch up. I was mostly surprised to see it offered in the 6 months immediately preceding Pandora.

Wait... what?!

Sorry, you confused me. You're on topic.

I jumped at the 13 for 12 offer. As to why they offered it... does anyone have reliable AP numbers?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Yes a few years back WDW offered an additional 3 months on AP renewals I dont recall If this was also offered for 'new' AP's

Of course we let our AP's expire back in 2015... with the attraction and service cuts no intention of buying ticket media in the forseeable future

The Mom

Premium Member
I don't have the time, or inclination, to go back a dozen pages and start deleting/editing posts. You all know that you need to leave politics out of the discussions. Apparently, not all of you can be trusted to follow the rules. If people can't do so, they will be asked to leave.

I changed my mind, and deleted a lot of posts. You all know why, so please don't start complaining. And, yes, I've missed some, so please don't start the "How come THAT post is still there when you deleted mine?"

Last edited:

brb1006

tumblr_nmsf43ikYV1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Told you guys @The Mom was going to come in this thread any time now and give use a warning.

wannabeBelle

I don't have the time, or inclination, to go back a dozen pages and start deleting/editing posts. You all know that you need to leave politics out of the discussions. Apparently, not all of you can be trusted to follow the rules. If people can't do so, they will be asked to leave.

I changed my mind, and deleted a lot of posts. You all know why, so please don't start complaining. And, yes, I've missed some, so please don't start the "How come THAT post is still there when you deleted mine?"
Thanks Mom!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom