Trip Report A Poly Girl in a GF World *COMPLETED*

*Gasp!* :jawdrop:

Is it true? Tuvalu, the die-hard Polynesian fan, spent 4 recent nights at a different deluxe resort? Didn't she already have three magical stays at the Poly this year? Didn't she take her name from her favorite longhouse at the Poly? Isn't this blasphemy? (Actually it isn't, but you get the point.)

Yep, it's true. Like many of you who have broken loyal ties to a political party (don't worry, I'm not gonna go there) Woody and I decided to try another option for our Food and Wine Festival excursion.

In anticipation of the question, "Why didn't you stay at an Epcot resort?" I will say, "Cause I like the MK resorts better." :D

Tuvalu and Woody taking a trip to WDW specifically for F&W is a bit ironic, since:
1) We are not foodies and
2) We are not big drinkers
But as we approach our sunset years, we are determined to keep ourselves open to new experiences and embrace change (even when we don't like it.)

And really, who doesn't like to eat?

Now back to the resort. The Grand Floridian. Disney's Flagship resort. The resort people call "too stuffy." Or "I could never be comfortable there." Or "The Four Seasons is a much better resort for the price."

Well, Woody and I were quite comfortable, despite a couple of irritating incidents to be revealed later. We had no problem walking around in our Target and Kohl's clothes. And we got a room rate that wouldn't have paid for the janitor's closet at the Four Seasons. (Okay, a slight exaggeration.)

The deets:
Dates: October 1-5, 2016
Cast: Tuvalu and Woody

IMG_4333.JPG

Follow along to find out how we filled that "rumbly in our tumbly."

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
And yet another TR :) - so many people. Hopefully it didn't stay like that for your whole trip - looking forward to following along. It will help pass the time while I try to wait patiently for my turn in 10 days.
The parks were very busy during our vacation. Slow times have all but disappeared...hopefully you'll have better luck. At least you'll always have ice cream! :hungry:

LeighM

Yay another trip report!! My husband loves the GF even though he's never stayed there. It really is a dream of his to stay there one day. Looking forward to reading about your experiences.

Also, there was a feral cat that crossed our path during our first visit to Riverside in 2012. We were unfamiliar with the resort and got off at the wrong bus depot - Alligator Bayou when we needed the last mansion stop. It was late and dark, we were getting lost on those paths, when a cat ran out in front of us. Seriously, the cat was so close I almost tripped over him. Scared us to death LOL.

DimpledDevil18

Holy Moly! Can you get a FP for that DME line? That is insane! So jealous to see you are staying at the GF. That is like my fantasy resort (or at least one of them). That stinks though that GF is the last stop. You think for the price it costs to stay there you would be the first stop. Anyway I'm following along! Can't wait to read more!

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
*Gasp!* :jawdrop:

Is it true? Tuvalu, the die-hard Polynesian fan, spent 4 recent nights at a different deluxe resort? Didn't she already have three magical stays at the Poly this year? Didn't she take her name from her favorite longhouse at the Poly? Isn't this blasphemy? (Actually it isn't, but you get the point.)

Yep, it's true. Like many of you who have broken loyal ties to a political party (don't worry, I'm not gonna go there) Woody and I decided to try another option for our Food and Wine Festival excursion.

In anticipation of the question, "Why didn't you stay at an Epcot resort?" I will say, "Cause I like the MK resorts better." :D

Tuvalu and Woody taking a trip to WDW specifically for F&W is a bit ironic, since:
1) We are not foodies and
2) We are not big drinkers
But as we approach our sunset years, we are determined to keep ourselves open to new experiences and embrace change (even when we don't like it.)

And really, who doesn't like to eat?

Now back to the resort. The Grand Floridian. Disney's Flagship resort. The resort people call "too stuffy." Or "I could never be comfortable there." Or "The Four Seasons is a much better resort for the price."

Well, Woody and I were quite comfortable, despite a couple of irritating incidents to be revealed later. We had no problem walking around in our Target and Kohl's clothes. And we got a room rate that wouldn't have paid for the janitor's closet at the Four Seasons. (Okay, a slight exaggeration.)

The deets:
Dates: October 1-5, 2016
Cast: Tuvalu and Woody

View attachment 171198

Follow along to find out how we filled that "rumbly in our tumbly."

You're title wins the best for the day lol

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
GF...too stuffy......No Way!!! Some day I to will stay there!

GF is my dream resort. Can't wait to read all about your experience there.

Yay another trip report!! My husband loves the GF even though he's never stayed there. It really is a dream of his to stay there one day. Looking forward to reading about your experiences.

So jealous to see you are staying at the GF. That is like my fantasy resort (or at least one of them)!

I hope each of you ladies gets to stay at the GF one day! :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey Tuvalu -- what about the feral cats that used to roam the outdoor grounds there? (Or, was that at the Poly--maybe it was the Poly.) :confused:

I saw one in front of 7 Dwarfs Mine Train in June. I was a little surprised because I heard about the cats at DL but never at WDW. Here's pictures of the cat I saw. Sorry if I derailed your report a little Tuvalu.
View attachment 171618 View attachment 171619

We saw that same cat (or one the same color anyway) this last trip!

I haven't seen any feral cats recently at WDW. Saw a couple at the Poly 7 or 8 years ago. Thanks for the pictures, @ajrwdwgirl ~ I saw a similar picture of the same cat in front of the Dwarfs house in another TR (yours, @sheriffwoody?) These are the only cats I see at "home", LOL

IMG_4344.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
YAY for another TR! You keep me busy reading and i love it. Following along as always :D

Ok Poly girl now your on my turf at the GF! :D:D We only saw the doll lady once this spring when we were there. A cast member who know said she was not coming as often. Following along.

Oops how could I miss 3 pages of a Tuvalu report?! Ready to read along!

Thanks for following, friends! @BWK05, I'll try not to be too critical of your home turf!

epcotisbest

I haven't seen any feral cats recently at WDW. Saw a couple at the Poly 7 or 8 years ago. Thanks for the pictures, @ajrwdwgirl ~ I saw a similar picture of the same cat in front of the Dwarfs house in another TR (yours, @sheriffwoody?) These are the only cats I see at "home", LOL

View attachment 171744

These two are way cute and so serene looking while dreaming. Bet they get into things when awake.
Missing my furball so was extra happy to see pics of yours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom