Trip Report A Poly Girl in a GF World *COMPLETED*

*Gasp!* :jawdrop:

Is it true? Tuvalu, the die-hard Polynesian fan, spent 4 recent nights at a different deluxe resort? Didn't she already have three magical stays at the Poly this year? Didn't she take her name from her favorite longhouse at the Poly? Isn't this blasphemy? (Actually it isn't, but you get the point.)

Yep, it's true. Like many of you who have broken loyal ties to a political party (don't worry, I'm not gonna go there) Woody and I decided to try another option for our Food and Wine Festival excursion.

In anticipation of the question, "Why didn't you stay at an Epcot resort?" I will say, "Cause I like the MK resorts better." :D

Tuvalu and Woody taking a trip to WDW specifically for F&W is a bit ironic, since:
1) We are not foodies and
2) We are not big drinkers
But as we approach our sunset years, we are determined to keep ourselves open to new experiences and embrace change (even when we don't like it.)

And really, who doesn't like to eat?

Now back to the resort. The Grand Floridian. Disney's Flagship resort. The resort people call "too stuffy." Or "I could never be comfortable there." Or "The Four Seasons is a much better resort for the price."

Well, Woody and I were quite comfortable, despite a couple of irritating incidents to be revealed later. We had no problem walking around in our Target and Kohl's clothes. And we got a room rate that wouldn't have paid for the janitor's closet at the Four Seasons. (Okay, a slight exaggeration.)

The deets:
Dates: October 1-5, 2016
Cast: Tuvalu and Woody

IMG_4333.JPG

Follow along to find out how we filled that "rumbly in our tumbly."

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuvalu, you're the only one I know that spends more days at WDW, than at home!!

And here we go again. Have fun with your #1.

Can't wait for the TR. :) It looks like Em is wearing a birthday button so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

Oh my!!! Tuvalu you are back again!!! Can you adopt me!!

Yayyy another TR!!! Really need this right now!!! Thanks for sharing!!;)

Get in line with the rest of us! :D:D:hilarious::hilarious:

Trip report has begun!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-jingle-bam-birthday.922901/

LisaBelle

What could be better than a day at Disney?

This. A thousand times this. :inlove: :happy: :p

View attachment 176763

Welcome to the world, little Tuvalette. You've stolen our hearts and you're only a few hours old.
I got really far behind in my TR reading and missed the announcement of the birth of your little Tuvalette! She is absolutely precious! Your photo brought tears to my eyes! A heartfelt congratulations to you all!

*Flynnderella*

In my opinion, it shouldn't matter that DL had a year long 60th celebration. I visited the MK during the 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th, 35th and 40th anniversary years and there were many special things to mark the occasion.
But I was NOT a fan of this:

Couldn't agree with you more, @Longers!

The first time we went as kids it was decorated as the cake!! I was surprised when we went back 2 years later and it wasn't as I assumed it always looked like that!! I'm glad they haven't done it again though!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sadly, I think moving the Welcome Show to the castle stage is a permanent change. We'll certainly miss the Trolley Singers, Mayor and arrival of the character train.

Yes--the character train, the Trolley Singers up on the train station platform, and the Mayor--this is not a basic stage show. What made the Welcome Show so unique, was that it was one-of-a-kind with all the wonderful elements. And the anticipation and excitement of park opening would intensify, as you looked up from the ground below, watching this special show. A castle stage show can never replace this.

Longers

Yes--the character train, the Trolley Singers up on the train station platform, and the Mayor--this is not a basic stage show. What made the Welcome Show so unique, was that it was one-of-a-kind with all the wonderful elements. And the anticipation and excitement of park opening would intensify, as you looked up from the ground below, watching this special show. A castle stage show can never replace this.
I agree, :( I for one will certainly miss the opening show - I can't imagine a castle show will have the same anticipation - I understand why but surely they can work out a way to screen people earlier and avoid the bottle neck and then we can go back to front of park opening with Casey Junior!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom