Hyperspace Mountain returning November 3, 2016

D

Deleted member 107043

In all seriousness, it really is weird how long Hyperspace is going to last. Might as well designate Tomorrowland a Star Wars Land annex if Hyper and Star Tours stay.

Isn't that basically what Season of The Force amounts to? And don't forget about Star Wars Launch Bay.

SSG

HyperSpace and Ghost Galaxy are easy make-overs. It takes, what 2-3 days to switch them out? With that quick turn-around I can see Disney bringing back the original for limited runs (pumping up interest to to ride the classic version) and then moving between the other two.

Curious Constance

Does it really matter if Tomorrowland is designated as Star Wars land until the new permanent land is done? It's not like it's sacrificing another cohesive, awesome theme to make way for Star Wars. What you should be worried about is what Tomorrowland will be without Star Wars. As far as I'm concerned it's lucky to have it for as long as it can.

Phroobar

Does it really matter if Tomorrowland is designated as Star Wars land until the new permanent land is done? It's not like it's sacrificing another cohesive, awesome theme to make way for Star Wars. What you should be worried about is what Tomorrowland will be without Star Wars. As far as I'm concerned it's lucky to have it for as long as it can.
The only reason to enter Tomorrowland when SW is gone is to ride Space Mountain and even that will feel really dated.

Californian Elitist

While I can deal with Hyperspace Mountain for now, I'm looking forward to the day Season of Force disappears from Tomorrowland. Would be great to see Star Tours go, too.

D

Deleted member 107043

I've said this already but if Star Tours leaves I'll be bummed. It's one of the few things in the entire resort that offers a fully immersed experience that feels "futuristic", unlike *cough* The Autopia and Submarines *cough*. I'm hoping that TL will get a full bottom to top rebuild at some point soon after SW Land opens.

GiveMeTheMusic

I've said this already but if Star Tours leaves I'll be bummed. It's one of the few things in the entire resort that offers a fully immersed experience that feels "futuristic", unlike *cough* The Autopia and Submarines *cough*. I'm hoping that TL will get a full bottom to top rebuild at some point soon after SW Land opens.

Agreed. It's a cesspool of blight.

GiveMeTheMusic

Tomorrowland as it has been promoted to DL guests over the past 60 years is such a difficult and flawed concept that I would prefer if Disney changed the name and went full-tilt sci-fi. Of course that might feel weird with that other sci-fi land on the other side of the park.

Obviously they should just give up and make it Pixarland!

I hope no one at Disney reads this and takes it seriously and I end up living a life of regret

SSG

I think Star Tours will be around for a long time yet, even after SWL opens. It's popular; it promotes an IP Disney owns; it's re-programmable, so scenes from new Star Wars movies can be added as the films come out; and I don't think Disney cares a jot if Star Wars features in two areas of the park. From the perspective of the Disney boardroom, why get rid of it?

Phroobar

I think Star Tours will be around for a long time yet, even after SWL opens. It's popular; it promotes an IP Disney owns; it's re-programmable, so scenes from new Star Wars movies can be added as the films come out; and I don't think Disney cares a jot if Star Wars features in two areas of the park. From the perspective of the Disney boardroom, why get rid of it?
I got to agree with you. There is no reason from a corporate point of view to change it out even after SWL opens. Corporate won't remove it unless they needed the space for some bigger attraction in a new Tomorrowland or it is a walk on for years. The ride will off the Disneyana because a "non-home grown IP" is now in two areas of the Walt's park but we all know corporate could care less.

Californian Elitist

I'm not wishing for Star Tours to go away altogether (though that wouldn't bother me), but for it to be moved. It shouldn't be in Tomorrowland.

SSG

People often talk about moving attractions, but is it reasonably possible to move Star Tours? (and that’s a real question; I honestly don’t know). The simulators are huge, and they are reportedly sunk deeply into concrete in order to be stable. I can’t imagine it would be easy or cheap to move.

EDIT: follow up point: even if Disney could move Star Tours at a non-prohibitive price, would they want a last-generation (at least) attraction in their shiny new show case area of the park?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

From the perspective of the Disney boardroom, why get rid of it?

It'll be redundant once SW Land opens, and I assume by its recent actions that Disney is constantly looking for ways to shoehorn new IP into DLR. Given the sad state of things in TL, and that the SW universe will have a permanent home elsewhere, it's reasonable to think they might turn their sights on that section of Disneyland for a revamp and bring in new content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom