AVATAR land construction progress

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Total joke... (If it weren't restricted space... Then we'd have more video ;)). I understand the desire for the "first impression" but wish we had more behind scenes content from parks. Even though I'd like to see more than we did, even the little pieces for NFL were nice to have.

A foolish mortal

Back to the topic.
Not a lot of progress but better than none:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

HauntedMansionFLA

Actually, a lot of progress. It's nice to see the detail of the mountains without the scaffolding around it on the second picture. Very cool. Can't wait for more pictures above and inside the barriers.

SCOTLORR

Will this definately open in 2017? Or is it just a 'best guess' ?
I think at this point its just a best guess based on what appears to be done and what still has to be done. The general consensus around here is that earth day 2017 is the goal, as that would be the park's 19th birthday. I feel like everything would have to go right for earth day to be the opening date, so i'm expecting more summer 2017.

TyTrap

Will this definately open in 2017? Or is it just a 'best guess' ?
Just from looking at Disney's track record with opening dates for new attractions, I would put my money on June 2017.Thats like the peak of summer. In my own personal opinion I don't think they want to have it open any later than that. I say another full year of construction and it'll be in business. They could hold off until 2018 for Animal Kingdom's 20th anniversary but why have a land just sitting there for a year after its completed?

HauntedMansionFLA

Disney also confirmed Rivers of Light would open on April 22nd, and we all know how that went.
It would be interesting to see another aerial shot of the land to see it's coming along. The building and the floating mountains look beautiful. Now, there will be all of those little details throughout the land that will take it another level. I assume there will be walking paths throughout the land that will count as attractions. Very excited to see it when it opens up. AND it will give us an idea of what might be coming in DHS regarding SWL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom