Wyndham Bonnet Resort

BJones82

We just got back from a short 5 day trip to WDW and decided to stay at Bonnet Creek because we are waiting to stay on property until our honeymoon (not because of money just because we want that experience then). I will say I was very nervous about this resort because of the mixed reviews and it being a time share but after staying there it was amazing. The rooms were great, the path around the lake in the center was beautiful every morning when I walked to get us Star Bucks from the lobby. The only downside of this resort if you are not in tower 4 is parking. We always had to park in the parking garage which is by tower 4(I think there is another one too by 9 manybe?), sense we were staying in 4 this wasn't a problem but I could see how it would get very annoying to park in the garage and then have to walk half way around the resort. They offer onsite shuttles but for being on property in my opinion they are not convenient, it's $7 a person each way for the shuttle which for a family quickly adds up.

I have not stayed at AKL so I cannot compare the two but the bubble is very real when staying here, though having your magic band be your room key and form of payment while staying at the parks is a blessing and a curse lol...

For some reason at this hotel I lost the keys 3 days while in the parks, I've never had this happen before and was absolutely my fault and I am not blaming Bonnet Creek for me losing keys and they always sent someone with keys right away. Just something I wont have happen staying on property(though as I said I've never had this issue of being so stupid with keys before in my life lol)...

BrianV

Bumping this up to get some help. Reviews are mixed but the rates and location are great. Can anyone answer if there are parking or resort fees? Other hidden fees?

Also, how are people getting such good rates? Is there a reputable way to rent points? I booked through the site and the rates were good but reading about some people with great rates.

Thanks

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Bumping this up to get some help. Reviews are mixed but the rates and location are great. Can anyone answer if there are parking or resort fees? Other hidden fees?

Also, how are people getting such good rates? Is there a reputable way to rent points? I booked through the site and the rates were good but reading about some people with great rates.

Thanks
Paging @docdebbi, @BrianV needs your help :)

docdebbi

Paging @docdebbi, @BrianV needs your help :)

ha ha, just came home and @Tuvalu hooked you up.

i rented through VRBO.com (stands for vacation rental by owner) they are a very reputable broker for timeshares (and also people's private homes not just huge timeshare locations). Turns out I booked on that website but the owner of the property was another group called vacation strategies. Since they have so many timeshare they broker, they have plenty of inventory. It's not like an individual renting you his property and he forgets to make the reservation for you. It is guaranteed, and even if there was a mistake made, they have plenty in inventory to give you. They offer you a guarantee at booking, and it is refundable up to almost trip time, and even if you cancel then, it gets credited toward a future rental. We felt very safe with them

I couldn't have been happier with this site. I also read the stuff you are reading, so i called vacation strategies directly, they assured me and indeed it was true that there were no extra add on fees. No parking fee, resort fee, etc.
I paid $716 for a 2 bedroom suite for 7 nights. We had an incredible room and indeed the many pools, lazy rivers etc are indeed as nice as they appear online- for just a few pics- see my trip report that is in progress- "The texas ranger, the beast, we started the fireworks:a trip of firsts"

I was warned about the high pressure given at the desk to get your parking pass, so was prepared. But the lady was very friendly and kind, gave us info about the resort like where things are and what the hours are. She then made us several offers if we were willing to sit through the presentation some morning. The final offer included a week stay at a wyndham resort and $300 in AMEX gift cards. But don't do it, the real pressure comes when you go to the presentation. We told her that we were not interested, she accepted it graciously after making 3-4 offers and we were done and had our parking pass.
BTW- if you don't want to get a parking pass and be offered a presentation don't go to the desk. We forget the pass in the room for the first 5 days and no one ever said anything.

Parking is one thing that is an issue, it is a huge resort, and there is only so much parking available directly in front of your building. They do have an adequate size garage, it's just that it can be a decent walk depending on what building you are in. We were in building 5, right next to it so it was great.

If you want to use their shuttle, it does cost extra. We rented a car and it was cheaper than a shuttle for 6 everyday would have been.

any questions, just tag me in a comment and i will get back to you
i say go and enjoy it, vrbo was very honest and produced exactly what we wanted. at an incredible price

Last edited:

MissingDisney

WBC is our 2nd happy place :)! We've never gotten a parking pass and when we get to our unit, the first thing we do is unplug the phone. I don't need sales pitch calls during my vacation. No hidden fees and there are several reputable timeshare rental agencies. VS, Farrells, 5 Star Resorts, Shelby Resorts, AZ timeshares...we've had the best experience with 5 Star so far.
Truth be told, just came back from WBC 2 weeks ago and miss it terribly. Counting the days until availability is open for our next trip! Feel free to ask any questions!

Nubs70

Stayed at WBC and loved it. Huge rooms at a great price. It's not the bubble but there is so much room.

They do give you the sales pitch at the beginning but did not find them that pushy. If you were staying at a value resort, would you sit through a DVC sales pitch to get a free upgrade to rooms larger than those at a Deluxe?

BrianV

ha ha, just came home and @Tuvalu hooked you up.

i rented through VRBO.com (stands for vacation rental by owner) they are a very reputable broker for timeshares (and also people's private homes not just huge timeshare locations). Turns out I booked on that website but the owner of the property was another group called vacation strategies. Since they have so many timeshare they broker, they have plenty of inventory. It's not like an individual renting you his property and he forgets to make the reservation for you. It is guaranteed, and even if there was a mistake made, they have plenty in inventory to give you. They offer you a guarantee at booking, and it is refundable up to almost trip time, and even if you cancel then, it gets credited toward a future rental. We felt very safe with them

I couldn't have been happier with this site. I also read the stuff you are reading, so i called vacation strategies directly, they assured me and indeed it was true that there were no extra add on fees. No parking fee, resort fee, etc.
I paid $716 for a 2 bedroom suite for 7 nights. We had an incredible room and indeed the many pools, lazy rivers etc are indeed as nice as they appear online- for just a few pics- see my trip report that is in progress- "The texas ranger, the beast, we started the fireworks:a trip of firsts"

I was warned about the high pressure given at the desk to get your parking pass, so was prepared. But the lady was very friendly and kind, gave us info about the resort like where things are and what the hours are. She then made us several offers if we were willing to sit through the presentation some morning. The final offer included a week stay at a wyndham resort and $300 in AMEX gift cards. But don't do it, the real pressure comes when you go to the presentation. We told her that we were not interested, she accepted it graciously after making 3-4 offers and we were done and had our parking pass.
BTW- if you don't want to get a parking pass and be offered a presentation don't go to the desk. We forget the pass in the room for the first 5 days and no one ever said anything.

Parking is one thing that is an issue, it is a huge resort, and there is only so much parking available directly in front of your building. They do have an adequate size garage, it's just that it can be a decent walk depending on what building you are in. We were in building 5, right next to it so it was great.

If you want to use their shuttle, it does cost extra. We rented a car and it was cheaper than a shuttle for 6 everyday would have been.

any questions, just tag me in a comment and i will get back to you
i say go and enjoy it, vrbo was very honest and produced exactly what we wanted. at an incredible price

WBC is our 2nd happy place :)! We've never gotten a parking pass and when we get to our unit, the first thing we do is unplug the phone. I don't need sales pitch calls during my vacation. No hidden fees and there are several reputable timeshare rental agencies. VS, Farrells, 5 Star Resorts, Shelby Resorts, AZ timeshares...we've had the best experience with 5 Star so far.
Truth be told, just came back from WBC 2 weeks ago and miss it terribly. Counting the days until availability is open for our next trip! Feel free to ask any questions!

Stayed at WBC and loved it. Huge rooms at a great price. It's not the bubble but there is so much room.

They do give you the sales pitch at the beginning but did not find them that pushy. If you were staying at a value resort, would you sit through a DVC sales pitch to get a free upgrade to rooms larger than those at a Deluxe?

Thanks guys! This is hugely helpful! I was a little fearful after reading some horror stories. I actually have three reservations now: csr, cbr, and here. But I will look at VRBO. Never thought about that. We love VRBO.

I can deal with the sales pitch just fine...the answer is No. I have kids so I'm used to saying no. ;) I was more worried about some of the things I'd read. But people seem more likely to post when they have bad experiences.

Now I just have to decide. Booked our plane and car so we are going!!! August 23-26!

MissingDisney

You don't have to sit thru any sales pitch. None. Zero. No-ah-ah! if you book thought those listed above. As a matter of fact, 5 Star lets you know in their confirmations that you'll be approached to attend a pitch, and you are welcome to "just say no!" and under NO obligation to sit through it. They first try to hook you at the completely unnecessary parking pass booth. If you don't pick up a pass, they call a day or so later on the unit phone and say you need to come get a pass (you don't). When that doesn't work, an hour or so later, a personal guest experience rep will call and offer you a breakfast or dinner and so on. We learned after the first trip to just unplug the phone. No problems since.
There's ton do to on non-park days or off times, lazy rivers, mini golf, water slides, ice cream everyday at 3:00 :p As for parking, it actually seems the towers that are near the garages have more of an issue than anywhere else. At Spring Break in tower 1, the parking lot was more than half empty every night. We never had that on the other side of the resort.
It is in the bubble, but out....if you know what I mean. But it's soooooo nice to come back to real bedrooms, jacuzzi tub, room to spread out, etc. so, it's personal preference.
Have fun choosing!

Nubs70

You don't have to sit thru any sales pitch. None. Zero. No-ah-ah! if you book thought those listed above. As a matter of fact, 5 Star lets you know in their confirmations that you'll be approached to attend a pitch, and you are welcome to "just say no!" and under NO obligation to sit through it. They first try to hook you at the completely unnecessary parking pass booth. If you don't pick up a pass, they call a day or so later on the unit phone and say you need to come get a pass (you don't). When that doesn't work, an hour or so later, a personal guest experience rep will call and offer you a breakfast or dinner and so on. We learned after the first trip to just unplug the phone. No problems since.
There's ton do to on non-park days or off times, lazy rivers, mini golf, water slides, ice cream everyday at 3:00 :p As for parking, it actually seems the towers that are near the garages have more of an issue than anywhere else. At Spring Break in tower 1, the parking lot was more than half empty every night. We never had that on the other side of the resort.
It is in the bubble, but out....if you know what I mean. But it's soooooo nice to come back to real bedrooms, jacuzzi tub, room to spread out, etc. so, it's personal preference.
Have fun choosing!
Thanks for the reminder. I need to clarify, I stood through the brief spiel at the parking pass stand bit not the formal presentation.

BrianV

Thanks again all. We decided to stay this time at AKL. We've never even been to AKL to visit and since we will only be at wdw for a few days thought it might be fun to be in the bubble. However, I'm definitely driving over and checking out this resort. Probably would have been more comfortable and most certainly would have been cheaper though we got a decent rate for disney on a standard room. It was a tough call.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom