Wyndham Bonnet Resort

draybook

Original Poster
Have any of you stayed at this resort? I like the location and price, and the photos make it look nice. We really like the idea of having a separate bath and tub too. I'm considering this resort for next year if we switch to APs, so any input you can give would be great.

Also, what would you choose between Wyndham and AKL? I've looked into renting a value studio there and it's about $300 more total for 11 nights. Is that price difference worth it for people that are only at the resort to sleep, shower and s....?

JohnD

I suppose now the primary difference between Wyndham and AKL would be FP+. AKL is Disney property so would have FP+ access. Wyndham is not. But, as you indicate, you're switching to APs meaning you'll have FP+ access anyway.

cw1982

I haven't stayed at either place so I can't comment on that, but how likely are you to miss having access to EMH if you stay off property? IMO, that would be the main deciding factor since you are going to have access to FP+ as a pass holder.

JohnD

Of course, there is the argument that EMH isn't all that it's cracked up to be. If you plan it right, you could get more done in a park without EMH because fewer crowds and therefore less wait time for rides, including FP+.

cw1982

Of course, there is the argument that EMH isn't all that it's cracked up to be. If you plan it right, you could get more done in a park without EMH because fewer crowds and therefore less wait time for rides, including FP+.

Does that tend to hold true fairly consistently? Honestly the only parks I really want to be sure to do EMH for are MK and Epcot... MK because I think being there in the middle of the night will be awesome and Epcot for the extra drinking time lol.

I have no intention of changing my MK plans for the night EMH... but I'd certainly be willing to change up my other days if it makes that big of a difference.

ParentsOf4

We've stayed at WBC and AKL several times.

Jambo House is our favorite WDW hotel. It's really well executed, in the best traditions of Disney.

WBC is conveniently located near Epcot, DHS, Typhoon Lagoon, and DTD. It's not "magical" but has several nice pools. (Unlike WDW, all WBC pools are open to all guests.) The one thing that stunk was parking. The lots always were crowded and sometimes it was a long walk back to the room.

WBC is no AKL but it's possible to get a 2-bedroom condo at WBC for around $100/night via eBay. We've done it twice without any problem. Just check out the seller's reviews and make sure they've rented WBC several times before. On eBay, it looks like there are several WBC timeshare owners with lots of units they continuously rent out.

IMHO, WBC (via eBay) is the best bargain in the WDW area. Again, it's $100/night to be located essentially on WDW property in a 2-bedroom suite.

It puts WDW's prices to shame.

draybook

Original Poster
Wait, I thought that Wyndham/Orlando Bonnet was open to everyone? I'm just confused because it popped up on Priceline as I was searching for non-Disney hotels on property.

I'm not too worried about EMH, because I think that since we'll have AP's we might actually try park hopping for once.

Potter

WBC is very nice and we stayed there last year. It is onsite and only 5 to 10 minutes from any of the parks. Don't rent from WBC but rather one of the time share point holders (Vacation Strategies, Farrell's Vacations or Ken Price). We stayed in a 3 BR Presidential Suite for $189 a night. The "other forum" has a dedicated thread under Orlando Hotels and Attractions.

WDWoptmist

Have any of you stayed at this resort? I like the location and price, and the photos make it look nice. We really like the idea of having a separate bath and tub too. I'm considering this resort for next year if we switch to APs, so any input you can give would be great.

Also, what would you choose between Wyndham and AKL? I've looked into renting a value studio there and it's about $300 more total for 11 nights. Is that price difference worth it for people that are only at the resort to sleep, shower and s....?
The Wyndham Bonnet Creek is an awesome resort so relaxing you almost feel like you're not at Disney when you are at the resort. You have to try DeepBlu if you stay there it rivaled Flying Fish when we tried it. However if the price difference is only 300 over that length of time I would stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge if we are talking about the same type of rooms. But don't hesitate to stay at the Wyndham it is really an awesome place to stay and for 11 days you might actually enjoy the fact it doesn't have that Disney feel

draybook

Original Poster
Ok great. On Priceline they are listing one bedroom villas for $85 a night. Judging based on the limited photos it looks like more than enough space for us and that seems like a hell of a deal. Thoughts?

draybook

Original Poster
villa_zps9f9e3c97.png

brokedad

We have stayed several times, I'm planning a big several family vacation here in july.I have found the best deals on ebay also.I think it's the best kept resort secret on property. Plus with real full sized kitchens and awesome grills outside, it keeps the eating bill down.Watch people's videos on YouTube.

jlsHouston

You know I look at different offsite places to stay other than Disney sometimes too and I think wow this is a deal...and looks great.... and then I think...why do I want to stay off site? No EMH, how am I going to get around to the resorts and parks quickly.... I found this really cool townhouse on ebay that is all decorated with themes from the different disney resorts. Like $ 125/night for a 3 bedroom TH with a dipping pool right out the back door. Very tempting.

fireman17

We are staying at WBC for our second time this upcoming April we are staying 7 nights in a two bedroom for $650 total!! We love it plenty of room for all of us and we rent a van to get around and yes we do pay to park but to not wait in line when you have tired cranky kids at the end of the night is week worth it. Now, we've been going to WDW since 2003 and bought DVC in 2007 but due to a financial situation had to sell it and yes, was sad we did but with the bargains my wife finds I wash.t sad very long.
Our kids are really looking forward to staying at WBC our last stay there was short so we really didn't have time to really enjoy all the resort has to offer this time though we will.
I think to the OP you and your family would enjoy WBC but you may want to rent a car as WBC charges for the shuttle service I think it's $5 per person per day. Just an FYI..

Potter

wow this is a deal...and looks great.... and then I think...why do I want to stay off site? No EMH, how am I going to get around to the resorts and parks quickly....

I don't consider WDW bus transportation system efficient or quick so once you start taking a car to the parks, you will never hop on a crowded bus again. Sign up for AAA and you will be granted Diamond Parking which is close to the handicapped parking if memory serves me. As for EMH, I avoid those parks like the plague especially now that you can't park hop.

draybook

Original Poster
I don't know now. I just watched a YouTube walk through of the BCR one bed villa and it's way bigger than the AKL value studio. not to mention that the balcony is much bigger and it's a little over $300 cheaper to stay at BCR.

jlsHouston

I don't know now. I just watched a YouTube walk through of the BCR one bed villa and it's way bigger than the AKL value studio. not to mention that the balcony is much bigger and it's a little over $300 cheaper to stay at BCR.

You are selling yourself. Are you driving? That would be the deal breaker, as long as you have your own transportation then staying offsite makes sense. But if you have to pay 20 bucks a day for the 4 of you to get on property at the parks then that $300 difference starts shrinking.
Maybe you should try it and see how you like it compared to on site. Might be a really great way to enjoy WDW and even UNI and have space from the masses that you know annoy you at at WDW.
I looked at that property on ebay and it does look really nice.

jlsHouston

Yeah, we always drive. Plus we'd have annual passes so that would take care of parking.

Then in a way I think it is a no brainer if you are seriously thinking you might like off site. And at least you aren't far away. And you may save even more money eating off property a few times just because that would suddenly become more convenient.
There is really no reason to not try off site accommodations and see if you still feel like you are getting your Disney fix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom