Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

tcool123

Original Poster
@tcool123 if i understand you correctly when bring back old floats can it be any float or does the Pixar rule still apply? also can we bring floats from california to here?
Pixar rule still applies, but out of curiosity what Pixar float was used in a night parade :cyclops: To answer your second question yes you can bring floats from any park over. The only rule is that it can not be in any current parade. So let's say you wanted to bring over the villain float that was once in the Paris parade, well that wouldn't work as they use it during the Halloween season. I hope this was of some help :D

deere839

Some of the Old ones will get a nice new paint job and new Lights as a nice Refurbishment.The New floats include Sky High as a new Superhero Float as the High school is being saved by Will Stronghold Making it feel likes its flying. The Next new float is Saving Mr. Banks witch will have a clone of Walts Office as walt will be in it with Mary Poppins in the float all light up. Last is Tommorland witch will be all light up as its been growing with people.

mharrington

Sorry but no, if you are using a film it must be from the 21st Century

I guess one of them could be - surprise, surprise - "Frozen". I'm surprised it hasn't gotten a section yet in the Dreamlights parade in Tokyo! They've done one for "Tangled", but not "Frozen".

Anyway, that's the first scene that would return. The second would be a revival of the Dumbo Circus scene. It will feature the music actually created for this scene but not used (from 9:26 to 11:34):

You did mention we could revive old scenes, didn't you? Maybe the third section to be introduced is "Moana". I have little knowledge about anything about it, though.

tcool123

Original Poster
I guess one of them could be - surprise, surprise - "Frozen". I'm surprised it hasn't gotten a section yet in the Dreamlights parade in Tokyo! They've done one for "Tangled", but not "Frozen".

Anyway, that's the first scene that would return. The second would be a revival of the Dumbo Circus scene. It will feature the music actually created for this scene but not used (from 9:26 to 11:34):

You did mention we could revive old scenes, didn't you? Maybe the third section to be introduced is "Moana". I have little knowledge about anything about it, though.

Would this be your final submission? I'm asking as it would be eliminated as it includes a video which isn't allowed for this contest.
- Rule 2 : Absolutely, positively no pictures or websites of any kind.
Failure to do so will enact a point reduction, and an immediate lost.

Matt7187

The Main Street Electrical Parade is a staple at Magic Kingdom, and it will receive some very much needed TLC. Every single light in the parade will be replaced with newer, energy efficient lights that still have a bright shine. Additionally, there will be a Frozen themed float with icy blue lights, and Anna and Elsa actors riding inside with a pupper Olaf on the roof. Last but not least, the American finale will receive a facelift and celebrate not only America, but the whole world, along with unity and peace.

mharrington

Would this be your final submission? I'm asking as it would be eliminated as it includes a video which isn't allowed for this contest.

So are you saying I'm kicked off this game forever now? I'm sorry, I did not see those rules. Besides, wouldn't some visuals help sell your ideas?

RMichael21

The All New Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade - Coming to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in 2018

Imagineers at Walt Disney Imagineering have been hard at work in planning the nine month re-imagining of the Main Street Electrical Parade: an update that will bring the dated parade into the 21st century while still holding every bit of nostalgia and charm that it possesses today. As part of the re-imagining, every light bulb in the parade will replaced with energy efficient LED lights, giving the parade a new, brighter look and all new costumes will be added to the parade equipped with LED lights that can be synchronized to the soundtrack (as opposed to the static lights on the costumes currently). Finally, an all new unit will be added to the parade, themed around the iconic floating lantern scene from the 2012 animated hit Tangled. This new unit will light up the park each nice with hundreds of "floating" lanterns swirling around Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder as their romantic love story is told during the parade each night (these lanterns will actually be their own mini floats, each with about 10 lanterns). As previously mentioned, Flynn and Rapunzel will ride in their own "boat" equipped with dazzling lights that will travel individually from the 10 units of 10 lanterns which slowly swirl, mix and move in unique patterns around the boat throughout the parade, creating a beautiful visual that will stun guests young and old alike.

tcool123

Original Poster
So are you saying I'm kicked off this game forever now? I'm sorry, I did not see those rules. Besides, wouldn't some visuals help sell your ideas?
No, you wouldn't be kicked out, but you would lose this challenge. This competition has no eliminations. The reason for the no pictures nor video is
a) to keep things rather simple
b) to keep things close to the original rules from the original contest.

spacemt354

Chili's
I was told once that adding too many rules for a competition thread would surely stifle creativity and the environment sterile.
I think the point of this competition is just to keep it simple.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the original rules in the old comp was 1-2 sentences maximum...and in this one you are allowed 5.

Perhaps a happy medium, 1-2 sentences and an image? I think tcool should decide but this is just meant to be something quick and easy, and not stifle anyone.

tcool123

Original Poster
Did you ever explain WHY they're not allowed?
No, you wouldn't be kicked out, but you would lose this challenge. This competition has no eliminations. The reason for the no pictures nor video is
a) to keep things rather simple
b) to keep things close to the original rules from the original contest.

I was told once that adding too many rules for a competition thread would surely stifle creativity and the environment sterile.
There's about three rules to this contest a max of five sentences, and no images nor videos are the two most important. These are in place in order to be less intimating than other big contests such as The Sole Imagineer, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and The Choice among others. It allows people who don't have time to turn in a 10 paragraph concept attached with a fancy website, an elaborate video, or even making maps, among other things.

tcool123

Original Poster
I think the point of this competition is just to keep it simple.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the original rules in the old comp was 1-2 sentences maximum...and in this one you are allowed 5.

Perhaps a happy medium, 1-2 sentences and an image? I think tcool should decide but this is just meant to be something quick and easy, and not stifle anyone.
Agreed this episode was more of trial run, but I think this can change for the next episode. This competition can easily adapt from episode to episode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom