feeling nervous here...

Laurichi

Original Poster
Hi there,
Our trip is taking place in a week (a week!!!) and after many months of plplanning and saving money towards this trip i'm starting to feel that maybe this whole trip won't meet our expectations..
DH and i have three little kids and this will be our first trip to the World and we are coming from a far away country...and recently i keep reading posts about how Epcot is a bore and really needs a change...or DHS is a half- day park and a shadow of itself..or there are hardly any attractions at AK.
.or even about cast members being rude at MK...
Sorry but everythin ive been reading recently is kind of negative!
Will we be disappointed? Maybe our expectations are too high??

ShareBDwithMickey

You will love it & as long as your expectations match the realities of holidaying with 3 young children notjing will disappoint.

It is true that Disney at this time is not necessarily the parks we enjoyed in the late nineties however what you are reading are the rumblings of individuals who are either locals & have attended many hundreds of times or visitors lucky enough to have visted the parks on many numerous occasions & as such their view is coloured by prior knowledge & experiences.

I can't promise that you won't meet a CM who is having a less than magical day, but I can promise that if you treat them as you would like to be treated then the odds will be pretty low.

View the parks through the eyes & experiences of your children, travel with their sense of awe & I promise you it will be a magical trip & most likely an experience that you will want to repeat almost as soon as you return home.

Relax it will be amazing.

CAPTAIN HOOK

WDW is not what it used to be - fact.

However, as @marni1971 says - its standards and presentation were so high previously that regular visitors will notice a difference. Cast members aren't rude - the vast majority are absolutely spot on and go that extra mile to ensure everyones enjoyment. Some have off days and that is reflected in their behaviour. Remember - cast members are human - we all have off days

DO NOT go to WDW with pre-conceived ideas - go with an open mind and judge your visit AFTER you've left based upon what you've experienced

J_Krafty24

I found that it is better to skip most of the super negative threads. Most of them seem to be written by people who go so often they have run out of pixie dust and Disney just isnt as special of a place for them any more. I consider it similar to my experiences with roller coasters. I live near a large amusement park. After going several times a year for many years on end I can get off the biggest baddest coasters with my normal resting heart rate.

mouse_luv

No, you'll be fine. It is what you make of it. I was just there 2x in the last year and a half and I'm wanting to go back so badly right now but cannot.
Been there 25+ times in the last few decades during the heydey and not so much heydey but still love it more than anything.
Go, see the place through your little ones' eyes. Have fun!! :cat:

mf1972

my sister went last August for the 1st time in 26 years. she was stressing, but managed to have a good time after getting settled in. go at your own pace & have a good time.

Susan Savia

You will not be disappointed. We are finishing up our two week visit to WDW and found plenty in all 4 parks to keep us busy. Lots of great shows. We loved the street performers in HS, 99% of the CMs were great, helpful and kind. We had so many photo pass pictures taken and the weather as great. Epcot is our favorite park of all.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Hi there,
Our trip is taking place in a week (a week!!!) and after many months of plplanning and saving money towards this trip i'm starting to feel that maybe this whole trip won't meet our expectations..
DH and i have three little kids and this will be our first trip to the World and we are coming from a far away country...and recently i keep reading posts about how Epcot is a bore and really needs a change...or DHS is a half- day park and a shadow of itself..or there are hardly any attractions at AK.
Don't sweat it, you will have a great time! Enjoy!

graphite1326

Hi there,
We have been going since 1996. And as soon as we get home after each trip we are planning our next. EPCOT is not a bore. Especially your 1st trip. Just do a lot of planning there is a lot to see which can easily be missed if you don't. HS is going through a lot of changes right now so some things are not open. We go to Toy Story Midway Mania at rope drop but also have a fastpass for later in the day because it is so much fun. Star Tours is another ride we do more than once because there are 3 different versions. Indiana Jones stunt show is a must for a first timer. On my first trip I went on The Great Movie ride 3 times, loved it. But I am an old movie buff. We always search out Citizens of Hollywood too. AK; we go to Kilimanjaro Safaris 1st. It seems that there are more animals out in the morning. Then do the walk through. The last two times the gorillas were right up to the observation window. You can take as much time as want on this trail. You see there is plenty to do and it depends on you how much fun you will have. BUT this the most important advise I can give you - YOU MUST HAVE A PLAN. Otherwise you will miss too much.

Tom

Beta Return
Since you have nothing to compare it to (i.e. you haven't experienced WDW before), you will find it overwhelmingly incredible.

Ignore the negative stuff on the web. Us crotchety old grumps just long for the "old days". It's still a great vacation destination, and you'll all have a blast.

I recommend having park-hopper tickets, so if you do find that one park isn't fulfilling enough, you just hop to another one. Problem solved :)

Sonconato

Please don't be nervous. If this is your first time, odds are, you are going to have a fantastic time. There is always that distant possibility that it's not for you but if you're like most people, you're going to love it and would love to come back for more.

Many, including myself, will express their dissatisfaction about something at WDW, but it is mostly because many have continued to gather experiences over many visits and you begin to see flaws that you may not normally see. Many times, at least for myself, the hope is that someone in the Disney Corporation will come across these concerns and realize that there are a lot of things that are not going unnoticed. I think most of the hardcore fans (members of this forum) really want Disney to be successful at creating and maintaining a Magical Place that you can't get enough of. What you need to realize is, just as what @marni1971 said, Disney's standards are set very high. When Walt Disney created this place, he would accept nothing short of perfection. Way back then, he set that standard and those that have experienced Disney in the past, expect that to be maintained. If you come across negative comments, try to view it as constructive criticism with the intent to help improve things. If a company doesn't realize anything is wrong, how can it improve? If it doesn't improve, then that is when people stop going and then the product spirals into decline. It's easier to get out of a shallow hole than it is to get out of a deep hole.

I could almost guarantee that it will be beyond your expectations.

And if you really want to start learning about Disney's past…watch martinsvidsdotnet on YouTube. They 're fantastic!:D

Laurichi

Original Poster
Thank you guys!
We havent been to the world but we've been to Disneyland Paris several times and we love it! So i think we will all enjoy the real thing!

Retroman40

Don't be nervous. I've come to understand the "half day park" sentiment that many have since there are a number of shows/attractions that either don't appeal to some or once you've seen them a couple times well, you've seen them. Having fulfilled my goal of experiencing every attraction at every park (yes, even including Disney Jr. Live!) there are some that I will only go to again if I am hosting a first time visitor. For a first timer the place can be (correction, generally will be) overwhelming since everything is new. Like others have said, pick what you really want to see and make some plans around that. Relax, take it all in and enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom