feeling nervous here...

skyphotographer

I've been to Disney World at least 20 times. I have 2 trips already planned for this year, and I can't wait for the next visit to start.

You and your family will have a great time.

Chef Kronk

Thanks! Which attractions have been closed recently?

Permanent closures? Not many over the past year, the biggest being Magic of Disney Animation, which was replaced with Star Wars Launch Bay. The entire Streets of America at Hollywood Studios (except for Muppet Vision) will be closed after April 2 so you may want to experience that stuff while it's still there.

Disneyfreak Jen

Don't pay much mind to the overwhelmingly negative posts….some people are so hard to please they complain about every.little.thing. They would be the ones to win $1M and complain because they didn't win $2M. :rolleyes: You can tell when you read their posts that they're just being totally unrealistic. I don't let an occasional bump in the road ruin any of my vacations, to Disney or anywhere else that I go, and neither should you.
Reset your mind and take a breath, you put a lot of money and time into vacation planning….enjoy the ride and the trip!! :)

Laurichi

Original Poster
It definitely is A lot of money...and we've been planning for about 10 months so this kind of feels BIG!!!

matt9112

It definitely is A lot of money...and we've been planning for about 10 months so this kind of feels BIG!!!

you will have a blast...sure things have changed and some of it sucks but we still go and enjoy every trip.

make sure you use fastpass to the fullest and like tom said park hoppers are a great option.

PhotoDave219

Hi there,
Our trip is taking place in a week (a week!!!) and after many months of plplanning and saving money towards this trip i'm starting to feel that maybe this whole trip won't meet our expectations..
DH and i have three little kids and this will be our first trip to the World and we are coming from a far away country...and recently i keep reading posts about how Epcot is a bore and really needs a change...or DHS is a half- day park and a shadow of itself..or there are hardly any attractions at AK.
.or even about cast members being rude at MK...
Sorry but everythin ive been reading recently is kind of negative!
Will we be disappointed? Maybe our expectations are too high??

Just go with it and have fun. Be fluid and realize you cant do everything. Go at your own pace and enjoy....

wdwfan4ver

Hi there,
Our trip is taking place in a week (a week!!!) and after many months of plplanning and saving money towards this trip i'm starting to feel that maybe this whole trip won't meet our expectations..
DH and i have three little kids and this will be our first trip to the World and we are coming from a far away country...and recently i keep reading posts about how Epcot is a bore and really needs a change...or DHS is a half- day park and a shadow of itself..or there are hardly any attractions at AK.
My advice to you is ignore the description of the parks you gave. You dealing people that went to WDW first back in the 1970's, 1980's or 1990's. Those people have different outlook than a new person would and you should expect that as much.

Laurichi

Original Poster
Fast passes sure! Well- researched and booked a few weeks ago!
As for park hoppers..too expensive for our group.we already planned without...
2 days at MK
2 days At AK (DD who is the eldest looooves animals)
1 day at Ep
1 day at HS

CAPTAIN HOOK

2 days at MK
1 day at Ep
1 day at HS
Mmmm - you may want to reconsider your 2 days at AK - it really IS (at best) a one day park.
I would consider either -
1 day at AK and perhaps a morning at AKL watching the animals in their Savannahs from the public viewing areas, or,
1 day at AK and then on your last full day going to AK again and buying the Hopper addition for the remainder of the day and revisiting EPCOT which really is worth a second visit

graphite1326

2 days at MK
1 day at Ep
1 day at HS
I have to agree with the Captain(arrrrr), I would switch 2 days at AK to 2 days at EPCOT. However, you don't have to decide now. Go to AK once and then decide if you want to go again or somewhere else. I also agree with most here with the park hopper. BUT, and someone correct me if I am wrong, I think you can add that during your stay. That way you do AK in the morning and EPCOT at night.

Laurichi

Original Poster
I think for a 9 year old who is never been there and probably never will two days is fine! Bear in mind we are having lunch at sanaa on of those as welll..also... for her animals are her life...and AK also closes really early anyway! And we need the free time those two evenings to visit Disney Springs ;-)

Sonconato

I think for a 9 year old who is never been there and probably never will two days is fine! Bear in mind we are having lunch at sanaa on of those as welll..also... for her animals are her life...and AK also closes really early anyway! And we need the free time those two evenings to visit Disney Springs ;-)
I don't know what animals your 9 year old likes but my husband, who also loves animals, loves the Gibbons that are located in Asia. He has been trying to get my son and I to get there first thing in the morning when they are doing their "calls" at sunrise. He says it is fascinating to watch and listen!!! He also said it is quite loud! I'm sure if you had to live in the country where these are native, it would be rather annoying when you're trying to sleep in! This is something you should consider. If you're interested, get there when it opens and head straight back toward Kali River Rapids which is in the Asian section of the Park. There are two types of Gibbons, so the best place to stand is in between them which is near the Fastpass building for Kali River Rapids. The building is the one shown below.
001-300x225.jpg

yensid67

My last tip was in May 2013. I high expectations for the parks to be exactly as they were in 1999. They weren't because I was hoping everything was going to be the same when I WAS A CAST MEMBER with fond memories. Like I said, I came home disappointed and
vowed never to return ever again! (kinda dramatic I know) BUT 2 weeks later I was planning my next trip. So YOU WILLNOT BE DISAPPOINTED, even if things don't go the way you planned! Just stay calm and enjoy the time with your family, the memories will outweigh any disappointment!

mergatroid

Hi there,
.or even about cast members being rude at MK...
Sorry but everythin ive been reading recently is kind of negative!
Will we be disappointed? Maybe our expectations are too high??

You'll love it. Most on here have been countless times and as such find certain attractions not worth their time or stale. A lot (myself included) probably have selective memories and think that years ago everything was perfect and never noticed the little things that they now do and then complain about.

It's still a wonderful place to visit and as a first timer I'd put money on you loving it to bits.

Sonconato

2 days at MK
1 day at Ep
1 day at HS
Did you book your FPs for early in the day when you plan on getting there or did you spread them out? The reason I ask is that you can continue to get more FPs during your visit to that Park as long as you used your first three. In other words, if you made two in the morning for rides and planned the third for the fireworks, you wouldn't be able to get another until after the fireworks. IMO, I would pile them on back to back as early as you plan on arriving at the Park and then add more as the day goes on. Just a thought.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I found that it is better to skip most of the super negative threads. Most of them seem to be written by people who go so often they have run out of pixie dust and Disney just isnt as special of a place for them any more. I consider it similar to my experiences with roller coasters. I live near a large amusement park. After going several times a year for many years on end I can get off the biggest baddest coasters with my normal resting heart rate.

Ditto. Great example. I completely agree, living right next to Carowinds all my life.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Thanks! Which attractions have been closed recently?

A list of attractions the have already or will close permanently.

2016/Unknown - DisneyQuest
1/4/2016 - Soarin' Over California (reopening with a new film this summer)
4/3/2016 - Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure
4/3/2016 - Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
7/12/2015 - The Magic of Disney Animation (replaced with Star Wars Launch Bay)
12/6/2015 - Captain EO (replaced with Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival)
8/30/2014 - American Idol Experience (replaced with Frozen Sing-Along Celebration)
9/27/2014 - Backlot Tour
10/5/2014 - Maelstrom (replaced with Frozen Ever After this summer)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom