AVATAR land construction progress

olie64

Plus Disney Springs,Soarin, Norway, and FC. Plus what has yet to be announced but is rumored.

Well they may have waited but they sure the heck are getting after it now with stuff. Then throw in DL and SDL that a ton of construct in parks.

jt04

Well they may have waited but they sure the heck are getting after it now with stuff. Then throw in DL and SDL that a ton of construct in parks.

I once speculated that things seemed slow because WDI could only produce so much so fast. Clearly there is an amazing amount of work that has been going on for years behind the scenes. I seriously can't wait to read the books written about this era in Disney history.

JohnByers

And to give a visualization... All of the Tomorrowland Speedway, all of Storybook circus (including Dumbo, Barnstormer and the publicly accessible tents) and the footprint of Mine Train all adds up to about 10 acres.

-Rob

Wow, gotcha, that's def a big area! Thanks

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Allow me to sum it up. After 10 years of close to squat, there's been an awakening.

Also remember that Disney is also working on major expansions on Hong Kong and Tokyo; as well as building a new park in Shanghai that will be opening June 16th. I have to agree that Walt Disney World was not getting its share, but that has seemed to have turned around.

jt04

Allow me to sum it up. After 10 years of close to squat, there's been an awakening.

A fully functional Death Star does not just suddenly exist. Same for a Disney attraction or land. Even Mickey can't do that. No amount of pixie dust can. Years of planning, hard work, remaining and more hard work can though. For example, Hyperion Wharf vs Disney Springs.

Your statement is a meme that no longer has any weight. Please stop.

Slowjack

I once speculated that things seemed slow because WDI could only produce so much so fast. Clearly there is an amazing amount of work that has been going on for years behind the scenes. I seriously can't wait to read the books written about this era in Disney history.
I don't think the current pace of WDW construction is historic, although it certainly may turn out to be for the Iger era (not trying to knock him, just making the point). When EPCOT Center, as it was quaintly known, was being built, it was the largest private construction project it the world--and Tokyo Disneyland was being built at the same time. Both Epcot's and WDW's original buildout were jaw-dropping in their scope. The simultaneous construction going on across WDW right now, though very welcome and exciting, is minor in comparison. It only seems big because we have seen so little recently.

Mike S

A fully functional Death Star does not just suddenly exist. Same for a Disney attraction or land. Even Mickey can't do that. No amount of pixie dust can. Years of planning, hard work, remaining and more hard work can though. For example, Hyperion Wharf vs Disney Springs.

Your statement is a meme that no longer has any weight. Please stop.
If you need 10 years to plan something and have very little going on in the interim something is very wrong.

A foolish mortal

MickeyXtreme on twitter posted these 2 days ago :)

Skjermbilde 2016-02-11 23.50.45.png
Skjermbilde 2016-02-11 23.50.53.png
Skjermbilde 2016-02-11 23.50.59.png
Skjermbilde 2016-02-11 23.51.06.png
Skjermbilde 2016-02-11 23.51.35.png
Skjermbilde 2016-02-11 23.51.40.png
Skjermbilde 2016-02-11 23.51.46.png
Skjermbilde 2016-02-11 23.51.55.png
Skjermbilde 2016-02-11 23.52.02.png
Skjermbilde 2016-02-11 23.52.08.png

https://twitter.com/MickeyXtreme/status/697147779836207105

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom