Disney Quest to close in July 2017

MagicHappens1971

This makes it look like its closing soon.
12670061_10154039870330864_5828122735379820536_n.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I know this is an older post, but I had to comment because it's the furthest from the truth. Basketball is one of the biggest global sport, with only Soccer (football), being bigger worldwide.

I was excited about an NBA themed area and a bit bummed that has changed.

There is Basketball and there is the NBA the former is a game of skill played by a team, The latter is a bunch of young athletes showing off their 'mad skilz' playing a game almost, but not quite, entirely unlike Basketball. Once the NBA did indeed play basketball but if you have noticed the NBA's 'Team USA' has been rather soundly defeated on the world stage by far more skilled and disciplined teams who STILL play the game of basketball.

Matt_Black

There is Basketball and there is the NBA the former is a game of skill played by a team, The latter is a bunch of young athletes showing off their 'mad skilz' playing a game almost, but not quite, entirely unlike Basketball. Once the NBA did indeed play basketball but if you have noticed the NBA's 'Team USA' has been rather soundly defeated on the world stage by far more skilled and disciplined teams who STILL play the game of basketball.

You forgot to tell the kids to get off your lawn.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Or, they haven't....

Biff215

Here we go again...

MadMax11

Team USA has dominated the world in basketball. There is no close second since 1992, when pros started competing on behalf of the US in international competition. They've won the gold medal in every Olympics save one since 1992...and they won the bronze that year. They won gold in the last FIBA World Cup as well. There is no country that come close to that. To say they have been "soundly defeated on the world stage" is to completely ignore what they've accomplished.

The NBA features the best basketball players in the world. The best from the rest of the world attempt to play in that league and prove themselves against that level of competition.

Next Big Thing

Team USA has racked up so much Gold over the last 20+ years it must've blinded you.

jt04

I blame more on the discontent with Disney/ESPN and the NBA then worries over not appealing to the foreign travelers bonding. Soccer in the USA isn't what it is outside the USA either yet the soccer stuff sells at WDW. International travelers only make up 18-22 percent of attendance breakdown, likely less soon given the strength of the dollar this year. While 20% is not something to brush off, still the overwhelming majority of guests are from the USA.

I think it is possible the N.B.A. is looking at Miami instead. Much more of an international city. They could locate near American Airlines Arena or the new mega mall in northwest Dade. Biggest mall in the western hemisphere when finished. Miami is truly an international city and basketball an international sport. Perfect match.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member

First I am not a basketball fan and I know you like to make things up about how bad Disney is, but now you doing the same with the NBA. Team USA has dominated basketball over the last few years. It is time for you to stop posting all the trash that you do.

indyumd

lotta code in here

Chev_350

I was googling to find the closing date as we are going to WDW in April/May, and found this thread. I know its dated and daggy but we are looking forward to potentially being able to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom