The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Here are some food and wine foods for you all!
My favorite of the festival, and it really wasn't on the want to try list....South Korea, the bbq short ribs
IMG_3115.JPG

Africa: both were good. Berbere steak (spicy) and butter chicken (mild in spicy but interesting)
IMG_3116.JPG

A look at the construction in Norway
IMG_3118.JPG

The cranberry bog
IMG_3127.JPG

the nitro chocolate truffle (good, but gave me brain freeze)
IMG_3136.JPG

From my Swan balcony (we were really diggin' the Swan and would go back in a heartbeat)
IMG_3143.JPG

Dinner plate at the Biergarten. I love the sauerbraten, the polka band, and my Oktoberfest beer here.
IMG_3145.JPG

IMG_3148.JPG

France had the Eiffel tower lit up in honor of those lost in the Paris attacks.
IMG_3157.JPG

Back at the Osborne lights
IMG_3172.JPG

BuddyThomas

So, my job has all these volunteer events that we are asked to attend, and I did this one last week at a girl's school in Queens. When I signed up, I didn't realize that I was basically going to have to stand up in front of kids and teach a class. I had to wake up at 6:45 in order to be there by 8:45, and I was dreading the entire thing. But it was amazing. These girls were so awesome. We had to do three hours, and it was basically go to three classrooms and tell these girls about your job. I had a sixth grade class, a ninth grade class and a seventh grade class. The sixth and seventh were amazing. The ninth was a rough audience, I'm just saying. But this was incredibly rewarding. Our job was to inspire them. I don't know if I did that, but I hope so. I used a lot of Disney jargon, actually. "You can do anything you put your mind to.....anything your heart desires will come to you....etc, etc." As a fairly cynical New Yorker, I don't know if any of that is really true, but I hope it can be for these great girls. Here is a pic of the event.
volunteers.jpg

BuddyThomas

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I am like you. I like a variety of types. It's interesting though because I tend to crave heavier beers like porters and stouts or the complete other extreme like pale lagers.

I have heard of the beer you pictured. I remember the story about the monks. But I have yet to try it.

Yep, you need to try the Chimay Grand Reserve soon. To me anyway, it's some kinda' exquisite nectar of the gods...! :hungry:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So anyone know what one of these lollipops will cost at the new (high end)Ganachery, Disney Springs? Me loves some chocolate.

The-Ganachery.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I think your picture is pretty with the sunlight on the snow. By the way, I heard on the news this morning that your temps out in that area are supposed to get up to 50 later on this week, so the snow will probably melt.

Yes! 55 for Thanksgiving with rain. Today I pull a solid 5 foot 3x3 ice block out of my gutter so the downspouts stopped jamming up. I planted it upright on a snowmound.

I hate to admit it but with this being a very heavy snow it stuck beautifully in the trees and landscaping. Sadly my Mums and Palms are dead. Sadness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom