Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Cesar R M

Because they really don't need to, both the movie and land will sell just fine without the cross promotion. Not to mention it's very likely that a Star Wars movie will open the same year as the land. There are movies currently scheduled for every year up until 2020, and unless they are a total disaster I would fully expect them to continue beyond that.
Dark Matter ( A Canadian Scifi series) predicted Star Wars going beyond episode 15 :p

FigmentJedi

The original plan was 12 film anthology with only a few being one larger story.
To be precise, it would have been a Prequel Trilogy, a six episode version of the Original Trilogy with a few movies focused around Luke's sister who was initially a separate character from Leia and the two meeting with the defeat of the Emperor moved up, and a timeskipped trilogy with Luke passing the saber down to the next generation.

However, George's divorce lead to him wanting to get it over with and Return of the Jedi compressed some of those second trilogy plot elements together and just made Luke and Leia siblings.

BigThunderMatt

And here I was thinking that Mission Space was more about the thrill and feel of a real ship in space than just something "for fun".

Disney took that idea a little too literally and spent millions of dollars on an attraction that ultimately turned out to be a flop because it was far too intense for the average park goer. It might not even come close to truly mimicking astronaut training, but even as a simulation it becomes glaringly obvious that there's a reason not just anyone can be an astronaut.

G00fyDad

Disney took that idea a little too literally and spent millions of dollars on an attraction that ultimately turned out to be a flop because it was far too intense for the average park goer. It might not even come close to truly mimicking astronaut training, but even as a simulation it becomes glaringly obvious that there's a reason not just anyone can be an astronaut.

Just curious here, where did you see something that said the attraction is a flop?

CinematicFusion

To be precise, it would have been a Prequel Trilogy, a six episode version of the Original Trilogy with a few movies focused around Luke's sister who was initially a separate character from Leia and the two meeting with the defeat of the Emperor moved up, and a timeskipped trilogy with Luke passing the saber down to the next generation.

However, George's divorce lead to him wanting to get it over with and Return of the Jedi compressed some of those second trilogy plot elements together and just made Luke and Leia siblings.

The George Lucas divorce in 1983 really changed Lucas. He was never the same type of filmmaker again.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
How long until "The Good Dinosaur" gets an overlay into the Dinosaur attraction? I smell a major hit.

From this...
hqdefault.jpg

to this???
11disney-pixar-the-good-dinosaur-official-trailer.jpg

Not sure if that will work. :D

FigmentJedi

hopefully.. dinorama.
As nice as it would be for Dinorama to go, I'd rather have them rework the space into an attraction that gets the spirit of roadside dinosaur attractions right. Like a land-based Jungle Cruise with tacky dinosaur sculptures/figures (with some maybe even salvaged from abandoned dino parks around the country), not the tacky dinosaur carnival that exists nowhere in reality they gave us.

misterID

Just curious here, where did you see something that said the attraction is a flop?
I can tell you that attendance at the attraction isn't very good and typically runs at half capacity. It was not the home run they expected it to be. It was a cool idea though.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

As nice as it would be for Dinorama to go, I'd rather have them rework the space into an attraction that gets the spirit of roadside dinosaur attractions right. Like a land-based Jungle Cruise with tacky dinosaur sculptures/figures (with some maybe even salvaged from abandoned dino parks around the country), not the tacky dinosaur carnival that exists nowhere in reality they gave us.
I didnt mean them just destroying dinorama/dinoland. They could add the "the good dinosaur" theme to it without disrupting the whole area.

FigmentJedi

I didnt mean them just destroying dinorama/dinoland. They could add the "the good dinosaur" theme to it without disrupting the whole area.
Tie-in would just seem kinda forced is all. As for why I suggest Nemo, I feel like a Good Dinosaur show in the style of the Walking with Dinosaurs arena show would be great for Theater of the Wild and actually make it relevant to Dinoland.

Mike S

Tie-in would just seem kinda forced is all. As for why I suggest Nemo, I feel like a Good Dinosaur show in the style of the Walking with Dinosaurs arena show would be great for Theater of the Wild and actually make it relevant to Dinoland.
I'd prefer if they went all out by putting Good Dinosaur over Dinorama and an actual Walking with Dinosaurs show in the theater.

I can dream :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom