The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I don't think they actually gave false directions. Songbird did say "if". :D
still scares the beejesus out of me.
Imagine, cant speak english very well, I'm deaf.. limited money, limited batteries (for my implant), driving somewhere I dont know.
Some guy decides to put me thru some strange road.. nope nope nope!

yXVFK9I.gif

Goofyernmost

could be the irradiating heat.

When its hot outside.. the high temps slowly sept in the house via the windows, doors, walls, metal surfaces.. and they irradiate via heat or light.
during winter this is almost null.

thats imho.
You know what.. that is a very logical explanation. I think I will go with that one.
ALERT: One mystery that is no longer a mystery! Only about 400,000 others to go, so how about that why do men have nipples one.;):bookworm:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Originally from Wyoming. We also didn't use street names. It was a small town and we just knew where everyone lived, so if someone was giving directions, you'd just say "Take a left at the Surwald's house, then go 3 houses down and across the street where the big camper sits outside." Out of towners would come by needing directions to Sundance Circle and we'd ask who they were looking for because no one actually knew which street was which, just who lived where. Ah, the beauty of small towns! You could REALLY confuse people if you told them to keep going until they got to the stoplight and turn left because we didn't have any stoplights. :D
There are a few streets b me like that, I really check and se if they have names:confused:

Figgy1

Premium Member
@betty rose , I hope you're still having a great vacation!!! :happy: Just wanted to share with you and others that I saw a daytime tv show today, called The Chew on ABC, at 1:00 (Eastern). All this week, they are broadcasting live from WDW. (I was home today so I was able to see it.) Today they were in EPCOT for the Food and Wine Festival. It was a very entertaining, light-hearted show. They had some cooking lessons, as well as some footage from The Land, where one of the hosts got a private tour, and got to pick the veggies he wanted to cook for the show! They had a lot of park guests in the audience, and I'm not sure how you get a ticket (or whatever) to go see them.
I saw that with my dh yesterday it came on when we started our lunch break. Now my dh really wants to do Behind the Seeds again, the boys not as much so they'll get to wander a bit but must stay together. I'm going to DVR t for the rest of the week, eeek now that poor old DVR will get full again and yet life goes on

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just read up in your thread in N&R, that Bolt mentioned that these were all filmed last week. That's odd--I just figured they were filming there this week. Peculiar that they'd delay a week's worth of shows.
I think it might be because of the heavy editing required for location shooting, to some extent it is a giant Disney commercial and it had to e perfect. I'm sure getting all of them on the various rides wasn't exactly a one take operation

Figgy1

Premium Member
View attachment 114310 Pictures....Animal Kingdom. A MR FERRET look a like. :joyfull::joyfull:

View attachment 114311

View attachment 114312
Cloudy today at Animal Kingdom, not the best picture taking opportunities.
View attachment 114313

View attachment 114314

On to Epcot....

View attachment 114315

View attachment 114316

View attachment 114317

Today's epcot food and wine treat chocolate cherry explosion. Hubby loved it, me not so much. I like dark chocolate.! We have only got in one thing a day as the lines are way too long in the sun! Out for tonight, xoxo to all. I'm going to be these hours are killing me. :joyfull:
Thank you so much! I just love Figment with the chef's hat. And like @MinnieM123 said I hope today is much better

Figgy1

Premium Member
One more thing, I'm a million miles behind will play lots of ketchup when I get back home. I post one reply at random, when I log on, that's it. I never know who it will be, not ignoring anyone. It's been the luck of the draw. Will respond to everyone on here. xoxo Bet's
You my friend are a better person than I am! When I go away Igo totally off the grid and vacation I don't even pick up my phone unless it's either my dhs' parents or mine! Correction last trip I did pick up when my older ds' school called to set up his summer program. So next summer it'll be bye bye for almost 4 weeks.:(:):(:joyfull: a bit of both guess

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You my friend are a better person than I am! When I go away Igo totally off the grid and vacation I don't even pick up my phone unless it's either my dhs' parents or mine! Correction last trip I did pick up when my older ds' school called to set up his summer program. So next summer it'll be bye bye for almost 4 weeks.:(:):(:joyfull: a bit of both guess
4 weeks of peace ;):D
:p

Songbird76

There is a whole big festival in DeSmet (I think) South Dakota. I haven't been but I know of people who have, they liked it even though a tornado went through while they were there.
That could very well be the one we went to. I remember there were different buildings and there was a museum or something where they showed things from that time period, etc, but I don't remember if it was actually the house where she lived or just a replica...and then in the evening was an outdoor theater production. I remember one of the scenes was them going to church, I think on Christmas, and that something caught fire and they put it out with blankets, and I didn't know if it was part of the play or if it was a real fire that wasn't expected. But it was part of the play and I don't remember if it was the home or the church that caught fire. I bet there are pictures somewhere, though.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning all. And it's very good morning indeed as it will be nice and quiet not to mention I have a shot of getting my house back in order and getting out to walk. :joyfull: For those thinking about doing some deep cleaning before the holidays DON'T, learn to embrace dirt LOL What started as cleaning turned into touching up the walls, into a full paint job to changing all the wood around the windows new flooring, changing around the shelving, new blinds and curtains and yesterday we decided we didn't like the molding we were going to put up. One of our neighbors was moving and gave us quite a bit of molding they never got up so we were going to use the free stuff. My dh now has a project for next weekend and he gets to play with his router. Next cleaning project the kitchen and it will be just cleaning LOL at least I hope so

Songbird76

I hate studies like this - as if there couldn't possibly be other reasons why someone is a psychopath. :rolleyes:
I think this says the opposite...it's not that liking bitter stuff makes you a psychopath....being a psychopath could be why you like bitter tastes. I just find it funny. I don't drink coffee at all and I don't really like dark chocolate, but hubby does, so I read it out to him and he said it was proof of what I've known since I met him. We just laughed.

Songbird76

This is funny. It also reminds me of a number of situations up in some rural areas of northern Maine. Hubby and I used to go up there from time to time, because we really enjoyed the area. It's always fun to try and get directions from the locals. I recall one time we were in some tiny town that we'd never been to before and I kept looking for street signs. Finally we stopped and asked someone on the side of the road where a particular street was, and he said that we were on it. I was embarrassed and told the guy that I had been looking for a sign, and he said, "Oh there's no sign. Everyone just knows this is Pine Street so we don't bother putting a sign up." :p
Yeah, we had one main street that went all the way around the whole town...well, the housing section, the elementary and jr/sr high school, the "mall" (I use quotes because it was called the mall, but it didn't have stores in it like a shopping mall. It had the post office, the library, the grocery store, a restaurant, the doctors office, etc.), all the churches...the only thing not in the circle was the trailer housing section where I lived. But we called that street "The Loop" and it was just over 2 miles long. When I read your post, it made me think of the loop and it took me a few minutes to actually come up with the real name of the street because no one ever called it by its name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom