The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I had to look up what a minisplit was, never heard the term. That would be simplier one would think, @donaldtoo would likely know.
The only places I've seen some of the versions in images are on Rec Vehicles, conversions, food truck restaurants etc. Must be a reason.

I'm familiar with them, but, we've never spec'd them in anything we've designed, that I can recal.

donaldtoo

Bummer! I wish you had today off, too.

Know what I did today? At 10:00 this morning I was famished. (I had plain yogurt around 5 a.m., but was starting to get really hungry.) So I went to the grocery store and bought myself a roasted chicken! :joyfull: Brought it home around 10:20, and it was still steaming hot under the plastic wrap. I sat at the table, put the chicken in front of me (no plate--just left it on the carboard tray), slit open the wrap, grabbed a fork, and just started shoveling delicious chicken into my mouth! :D :D I LOVE days off!! :hilarious:

:joyfull: :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I remember when Magic Kingdom didn't have many trees anywhere and what was there were small, scrubby things. Preference is really based on when you first saw it.

I don't know about that. I was very young but there opening year. While magical, it was rough around the edges, especially in frontierland and adventureland areas.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ditto! :D

Oh wait, I want more holidays. :(

In my first career I had MLK, Presidents Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, 4th, Labor, Columbus, Veterans, 2 Christmas, 2 NY

A week of personal days, 4 weeks vacation and 12 sick days. As time went on I was able to work from home and when there wasn't a ship or some dang emergency we had flex start end times which was great when kids were small 'cause mornings don't always go well.

Downside, if a barge hit a bridge at 3am, I got a call. If Uncle Edgar was dropped out of his casket and splatted onto the tarmac while I was putting my kids to bed........Guess they all have their plus and minus things. Now I can have any darn day off I want, downside of working for yourself, you're not earning while not working.

Cesar R M

Wow! :jawdrop:

My BFF had a woman around the corner from her call DCFS (department of child and family services-the deal with neglect and abuse of children and homeless kids) and report her for neglecting her children. The social worker came to my BBF home and was real nice to her. Said Beware. She reported you. Neglect Reported shoes were scuffed and not polished. The lady had never had children or married, she was about 75.

Me, I had the police arrive on my doorstep early in the morning on the 1st anniversary of 9/11 and uneasy day to start with. A few days before as I walked my DD to the bus stop I could see one 7 year old girl whacking the heck out of latch key boy, striking the boy in the head many times by the time I got there with a metal dog choker collar. I told her to knock it off. I told the bus driver. I further called the school to report what I saw so they'd check out the quiet little boy. School dealt with girl and called and spoke to parents. So the Mom filed a police report against me for scaring her daughter. Yep. I was like: well yeah wouldn't you be scared if you got caught beating up someone with a metal chain? That family wasn't there too much longer, a rental home that was raided for drug trafficking. :facepalm:

Thankfully most people are not nuts.
makes you wonder if that child herself seen violence like that all the time in her home.

Cesar R M

Originally from Wyoming. We also didn't use street names. It was a small town and we just knew where everyone lived, so if someone was giving directions, you'd just say "Take a left at the Surwald's house, then go 3 houses down and across the street where the big camper sits outside." Out of towners would come by needing directions to Sundance Circle and we'd ask who they were looking for because no one actually knew which street was which, just who lived where. Ah, the beauty of small towns! You could REALLY confuse people if you told them to keep going until they got to the stoplight and turn left because we didn't have any stoplights. :D
as a tourist, jokes like this do not amuse me :/

I mean, I do rely a lot in instructions and maps.
I already have enough problems dealing with people, can you imagine if they kept giving me false directions everywhere?

Cesar R M

It has been on all the major TV news programming for the last few days and more so today. Listing all the various states that have reinvented the names and meaning of Columbus Day. When I was a little kid we lived in a very Irish neighborhood. Because we were all Catholic we were allowed to have Christmas Parties and Easter Break. Those words seldom are used by any district anymore. We do have Christmas Trees in all of our lobbies of our schools. I am surprised nobody has balked yet. Waiting.
thats dumb. We should all embrace the POSITIVE aspects of all culture.
Not banning them.

I think the only BAD aspects of the culture (as in violent, or other type of negative points) are the ones that needs to be removed.
Funny it seems to be the other way most of the time D:

Cesar R M

A agree with both of you, however, I am talking about inside my apartment. In the summer the thermostat is set at 68 degrees and I find it perfectly comfortable. In the winter 68 is too cold. I crank it up to 72. The interior environment is essentially that same summer or winter. The A/C limits the humidity inside in the summer and the humidity remains about the same in the winter. But, it feels so much colder. Now when I lived up north I never questioned it because if I looked outside it was snow covered so that would have sent a signal to my brain that it was cold. However, here in NC if I look outdoors in the winter, it looks pretty much the same as it does in summer even if it is cooler.

So, to me it remains a mystery. As does the animal tails and the other thing. I have other things too, but, that would ignite a massive male vs. female discussion that would be interesting, however, I know it wouldn't end well. ;) Those we will just leave hidden in my brain.:angelic:
could be the irradiating heat.

When its hot outside.. the high temps slowly sept in the house via the windows, doors, walls, metal surfaces.. and they irradiate via heat or light.
during winter this is almost null.

thats imho.

I hate studies like this - as if there couldn't possibly be other reasons why someone is a psychopath. :rolleyes:

You mean like that new silly article that says if you do not put sugar in your coffee.. you could be a psychopath or have violent and devil tendencies?

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Oy. One of the whys I am so germaphobic. Poor Dude.

Daniel Fells‏@danielfells85
My heart is with my brothers tonight. Get that W G-men. I love every one of you
#thiswillnotdefeatme
https://instagram.com/p/8txk77veao/
5:09 PM - 11 Oct 2015
Was reading about this after you mentioned it.. the key is "antibiotic resistant bacteria".
which believe it or not, is mostly caused for bad usage of medicine/antibiotics or other forms of anti bacterial agents when its not needed.

Cesar R M

I had to look up what a minisplit was, never heard the term. That would be simplier one would think, @donaldtoo would likely know.
The only places I've seen some of the versions in images are on Rec Vehicles, conversions, food truck restaurants etc. Must be a reason.
Well, in the case of my country.. its because most of the houses are build of reinforced concrete, concrete, concrete+red or white blocks.
Thus not easy to install a huge centralized unit.
So minisplits are the easy solution. As their tubing can be installed easily on the same ducts of cable/water.

Bummer! I wish you had today off, too.

Know what I did today? At 10:00 this morning I was famished. (I had plain yogurt around 5 a.m., but was starting to get really hungry.) So I went to the grocery store and bought myself a roasted chicken! :joyfull: Brought it home around 10:20, and it was still steaming hot under the plastic wrap. I sat at the table, put the chicken in front of me (no plate--just left it on the carboard tray), slit open the wrap, grabbed a fork, and just started shoveling delicious chicken into my mouth! :D :D I LOVE days off!! :hilarious:

1310473355.jpg

Everyone should be allowed to shove a delicious roasted chicken with no limitations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom