The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
He only works one day a year. ;)

santa-claus-clip-art-0511-0812-0115-3763_Classic_Santa_Claus_Clipart_clipart_image.jpg.png
Sheesh you are a little harsh :( I thought my diet was going well :cry:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So, are you a turtle fan?

A Turtle Fan by default. My DS was beyond obsessed from age 4 to around 8 years old. He had all the Turtles as they kept developing new ones every few months and then all the accessories. Many were hard to find and my Dad was newly retired and would hunt them down for his grandson. He had so many VHS tapes of the Turtles too.

In that era Disney had the Turtles show at the studios and each trip we'd saw the same show over and over and then stood in line for him to say Hi! to his friends. He only dressed in Turtle clothes for a couple years. Me I found the TV shows to at least have a story line and a plot with the good guys prevailing. Not nearly as annoying as many of the TV shows out there for little kids. I still smile and have happy memories of my DS fascination with these little guys, good times, good memories.

Gabe1

I'd wind up cleaning for the cleaners. Nobody should have to deal with my boy's mess, not even me!!!!!!

I think the worst era for me was when they were away at college and then come home. For the most part the house stayed neat, very little laundry, small food bills and then it would be a holiday, semester break or summer and the household reverted backwards. I was always happy to have them home but still.....

My Sis never stayed home with her DD. I think she only stayed home 2 weeks after my niece was born as she had just launched her own law firm that year prior. She had a nanny originally that came the home early to late each day. She also always had a cleaning lady that also did the laundry that didn't go off to the cleaners. By age 4 my niece could make her own instant oatmeal in the morning and both breakfast and lunch was served at her school. During the week and a chunk of the weekends nobody cooks. The order meals from restaurants and bring them home.

Gabe1

Rosie would quit after the first day at my house! Way too much cooking. I just got the allergy list for snacks this year and I'm going to spend Monday making snack cakes. This year it's not just the usual peanuts and nuts, but this year no apples, oranges, watermelon, pineapple and quite a bit more. At least blueberries are ok I'm going to have to get a bit creative. I think I know what I'm going to do.:banghead: Today he's bringing in grapes and (nondairy) cheese

Over the last year my DD is having bad reactions to apples and some other fruits randomly. My niece 2 states away and 5 years younger is having the same reactions. My gut is it isn't the fruit more some additive to soil or pesticide. I'm hoping the FDA starts to look into this because she is not alone in this sudden reaction-almost like hives in throat/mouth and flushed face. It is scary.

Gabe1

Am I understanding this correctly? Are you saying that the school has a list of foods that your kid can't bring? I understand the peanuts, because a number of people are allergic, but no apples, oranges, watermelon, pineapple and others? Seriously??!! :eek:

It is getting so hard for schools with all these allergies and many life threatening. Some rules are an over reaction by our attorney's keep schools free of lawsuits and to simplify what is and is not allowed for a building or district vs an individual classroom. We never served food in our district but I can see it coming to that to take control over what is being brought in. It is crazy.

What our newer issue is going to be is service dogs. Some students are life threateningly allergic to dogs. Then the laws clearly state service animals must be allowed. So far our small district has been OK with the Pups with other students but the day is coming you just know it.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I blame the over reliance on cleaning products and the trend for houses to be spottlessly clean at all times.I have two sets of relations with children.One set lives on a farm and the kids are out playing all the time and the house is tidy and clean but not spotless (if that makes sense).the other set live indoors most of the time in a spotlessly clean house that is germ free.Guess which ones are never sick and which ones have the allergies and skin diseases ??
Then I must be as healthy as a horse! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom