Does Disney enforce age for kids meals?

Club Cooloholic

Hey I saw what your original reply was...just for the record I don't assume anything about you except that you've never waited tables and I even said that was ok. I was just trying to explain how tipping/taxes work is all. I figured maybe if you knew how they were taxed that maybe it would make a difference in your opinion regarding tipping for a burger vs. lobster. That's all :)
He won't change. A word of warning to him... there is a chance the waiter treats you poorly when you order seafood because they remember your last tip...which you never base on the cost of food. Also another tip for him Avoid foods with sauces...the staff could be adding some extra ingredients

JennSmith

He won't change. A word of warning to him... there is a chance the waiter treats you poorly when you order seafood because they remember your last tip...which you never base on the cost of food. Also another tip for him Avoid foods with sauces...the staff could be adding some extra ingredients
LOL...this all made me laugh :)

BuddyThomas

WAITER RANT by Steve Dublanica, NY Times Bestseller is basically required reading for anyone who is interested in this issue. This book is incredibly entertaining. If you have ever been in the service industry, you will appreciate every word, and if not, you will learn a lot of stuff. If you are a stiffer, you may never stiff again. I have no connection to the book or the author at all except for the fact that I think it is a great read, and I should have been the one who wrote this, dammit:

http://www.amazon.com/Waiter-Rant-Thanks-Tip-Confessions-Cynical/dp/0061256692

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Very simple Jenn.... they set the age limits for a reason and asking questions about the best way to lie about it to save money.... That's why Jenn... Don't like the age limits don't go.... It's like the thread in the hotel section.... Yes, they care about swimming after hours or they wouldn't have signs... yes, that even means you and your special darlings...
So, if I go to McDonald's, I can't order myself a happy meal?

If you are not on a DP, ordering off the Kids Menu isn't ever an issue. The restaurants don't care, the servers don't care.

If you are on a DP, then it becomes a bit more complex because it IS about money. Kids will be forced to order off kids menus if under 10, but if over 10, they'll have a choice of either (I know because I just did this with my 10 year old who is now an "adult" on the DP...some places she ordered adult food, some places I ordered her appetizers for me while she got her entree off the kids menu.)

No one batted an eye at it.

Hockey89

So, if I go to McDonald's, I can't order myself a happy meal?

If you are not on a DP, ordering off the Kids Menu isn't ever an issue. The restaurants don't care, the servers don't care.

If you are on a DP, then it becomes a bit more complex because it IS about money. Kids will be forced to order off kids menus if under 10, but if over 10, they'll have a choice of either (I know because I just did this with my 10 year old who is now an "adult" on the DP...some places she ordered adult food, some places I ordered her appetizers for me while she got her entree off the kids menu.)

No one batted an eye at it.
Got it... Lying is ok to save money... And you example of McDonalds is wrong too because their is no rules about it... There is with the DDP.... Terrible example that does not come into play with this discussion...

Haylo

Got it... Lying is ok to save money... And you example of McDonalds is wrong too because their is no rules about it... There is with the DDP.... Terrible example that does not come into play with this discussion...

How is using an adult meal credit to pay for something off the kids menu (which has a lesser value), lying to save money?

My understanding is that if you have a kids plan, you have to order off the kids menu since that's all you paid for. If you have an adult plan, you can order off of either menu...except at buffets where age limits are strictly enforced since there's no way to police who eats what. If you're paying out of pocket, it doesn't matter because you're still paying for the meal you're eating (and I've never been to a restaurant that doesn't allow this, although I have been to some - not at disney - that charge an extra fee for an adult ordering off the kids menu)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Guess you skipped over the part about his child being considered an adult on the DDP? Or was this just another one of your insulting, b#ll#cks-laden comments from the basement?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The original question was about a 10 year old, listed as 10 in MDX with adult DDP credits, could they still order off the kids menu if they wanted to.

The answer is, yes. And, to clarify the OP's question, he can mix and match between the menus within the limits of his DDP credits (for example, app and dessert off the adult menu, entree off the kids menu, something I did often last trip...I'd get the extra appetizer for me, and the kid would choose a dessert off the adult menu because she liked those options better, but she wanted her "chicken strips" off the kids menu for her entree).

It certainly doesn't "save" any money, as he paid the full adult DDP price for the 10 year old. And, lying never came up until you imagined it being there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom