Best hotel for a WDW newbie?

matt9112

if you dont mind the cash deluxe resorts are nice but they are robbery in the grand scheme of things. i see ALOT more value in the moderate resorts. but if that convenience is of value to you than a deluxe might fit the bill. i just want to point out the statistical fact that the deluxe rooms are INSANE even for what you get. (if you want deluxe rent DVC points)

matt9112

iwould say stay at a moderate , like Carribean beach or a value to strech your dollar , so you can have extra money do new experience at the park or around property.. check out youtube channel seeyareal soon... they have info mation on stuff like that.. :)

i loved CBR....minus the walk spend cash on preferred rooms here.

Blairnicol

Look at renting DVC points for one of the monorail resorts (or Wilderness Lodge). You usually can get into a deluxe at moderate prices! If you stay at a mod-go with POR & stay in a Royal Room. You can't go wrong with any of the monorail resorts, but GF & Poly have better pools than the CR & Wilderness Lodge has some great food & an amazing pool & the morning ride to MK is flat out magical.

Dog Ate Mouse

It's not a matter of the parks you will be going to, but the entire WDW Resort experience. Look at the following:

1) Your Budget
2) Any of the Resorts you are considering under construction.
3) Maybe things to do at the resort, like boat rentals, bike rentals and so on.
4) Restaurants at the resort and perhaps do they have a small bar
5) What Do you really like and find very cool.

You see WDW resorts have a lot to offer. It all comes down to your budget and theme. If money does not matter then the Animal Kingdom Lodge is amazing. If your budget is more around the medium resort level then PORS is great because it has a restaurant and a small bar with some piano sing a longs. These are my suggestions but I will also tell you I have really enjoyed my stay at The Coronado as well. This is another great resort with a really cool pool. It's really all up to you and your likes. Most of all pick a resort, then book your trip and the most important part is to show up, act like a kid and have a Magical Day. That is what WDW is all about.

Ragetti

Hey, I'll chime in too.

If I were you, I'd avoid the value resorts. They are great in their own right, but they stuffed to the bring, overflowing with kids. Very loud kids. That's a not a terrible thing.... it is Disney after all, but it does remove the relaxation factor of the resort itself (stayed at the AoA with my sister's family). I've stayed at POFQ and loved it. I thought the theming was great, and it's not huge, so no long walks at the end of the day. Stayed at Coronado Springs, and... meh. Not my thing. I was there for a conference, and not a vacation, however. I've done AKL, and LOVED it..... only issue is it's far from everything. But it is reasonably inexpensive for a Deluxe. I stayed one night in the Contemporary, just to say I did. Not really my thing. The monorail station IN the hotel is cool, but it felt.... bland to me. Don't really like the Disneyland Hotel either (at least, not for the price). Stayed in the Poly YEARS ago, and I did like it. Stayed in the Grand Floridian recently and I LOVED it. Really magical place for me. Feels like an extension of Main Street USA. But it is PRICEY. Still, I think I spoiled myself for anything else! Have not stayed at Winderness Lodge. It looks awesome, but the lack of monorail was a bummer for me. Yeah, I really like the convenience of the monorail.

TXDisney

If you girls are drinkers, I recommend the beach club, yacht club or boardwalk inn. The convenience is great not only for Epcot but also for MK and HS.

hollikee01

Deluxe pics.....Poly if you are into a MK resort....however, we love the Beach Club for the proximity to Epcot, and the POOL! Best pool ever, and one of the only ones with a sand bottom in the country. Moderate pic.....Art of Animation suite. I know it's not considered a moderate, but if you look at the price, it definitely is. The suites are so spacious and great theming. Talk about immersing yourself into Disney.....Plus, it has a great pool(s), walk-in-shower, beautiful landscaping, and the fun Disney-vibe that you are after. The food will be better at the deluxe resorts because there is no table service restaurant at AOA, but you also have the choice of walking right across the bridge to POP and seeing what they have to offer as well.

hollikee01

It might just be my opinion, but I'll add that I'd stay away from the Boardwalk Inn for a 1st timer.......That clown pool scares me!!:eek::D

DisneyPrincess5

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. They all have a special and unique Disney feel. Which ever ones you're interested in, just be sure to research the heck out of them so you know that it's offerings, or lack there of, will work for you and your touring plans. Good luck and have fun!

Missymoe4

I vote a MK resort if you want to be surrounded by the Castle. Epcot area resorts if you think you'd prefer the countries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom