The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

Last night. Amazing. Would have made a perfect Halloween night.

CJCKM7NWsAAPbYE.png

itsjustbridget
Another brilliant picture. :)

donaldtoo

Getting ready for the rest of our celebration, looks like rain coming in. Wasn't forcasted.... Oh, well we can cook the stuff inside.!;)

Fortunately, we didn't get any of the possible afternoon t-storms predicted.
We had a great time at mom and pops! Hamburgers, beer brats, smoked brats, potato salad, etc....! :hungry:
In the evening, we sat out on the front deck to watch the smattering of fireworks being shot (although it has been illegal for several years now) off all around. Before our neighborhood was annexed on a limited basis by the City of Austin, fireworks were not illegal.
Our HOA used to put on a big show on the practice football field directly across the street from my folks house. Once the HOA decided to discontinue in preparation for the annexation, several groups of families started pooling their money and would have a kinda' a dueling fireworks thing they would do in the park across the street from the practice field, and catty-corner to my folks house. They bought the big stuff and it would go on for about 2 hours - no joke. Those were some of the best displays we've ever seen, especially for amateurs. Then, along came the annexation, and all we have now is last nights smattering.
Miss those days gone by...

I hope y'all all very much enjoyed y'alls family time and food, as well...! :)

donaldtoo

Fireworks still going off around here at 11pm! Hopefully it'll stop soon cuz it's stressing out one of our doggies (the other one is snoring loudly, though).

And so much bad local news just for today: a small plane crashed on a beach, wounding a 12-year-old boy (but at least not fatally), a Greyhound bus crashed, 2 people were stabbed, 2 buildings caught fire, and a car swerved off a cliff, killing 2 kids. Definitely takes away the joy of a holiday. :(

So sad. Prayers to all affected.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ok gang, here's the start of a mini-trip report for you and pictures of our first day!

We left Minneapolis at 7:30pm and we landed in Iceland and changed planes. Then we got into the Paris airport at a little after 1 pm. We took the train to our hotel in the Latin Quarter of Paris (about a 5 minute walk from Notre Dame). Our hotel room was teeny tiny and we had a double bed, the shower was super small too basically enough room to walk in to it. But the room had a nice little balcony to sit out on and enjoy the view.

Us on the plane ready to go!
IMG_6457.JPG

Our little balcony
IMG_6462.JPG

And the view
IMG_6463.JPG

The cool metro stop near us.
IMG_6468.JPG

Our first view of the Eiffel Tower and the River Seine. The bridge in the picture is the "love lock" bridge that recently had the locks taken off and these decorative panels are up for now as they make repairs. Unfortunately, people are putting locks on other bridges, I wish they would realize that they aren't pretty on the bridge and they cause destruction.
IMG_6480.JPG

My first food in Paris, chocolate Berthillion ice cream. It was the best ice cream I've ever had, and that says a lot coming from a girl from the Dairy State!
IMG_6475.JPG

At the Louvre!
IMG_6490.JPG IMG_6500.JPG

FutureCEO

Ok gang, here's the start of a mini-trip report for you and pictures of our first day!

We left Minneapolis at 7:30pm and we landed in Iceland and changed planes. Then we got into the Paris airport at a little after 1 pm. We took the train to our hotel in the Latin Quarter of Paris (about a 5 minute walk from Notre Dame). Our hotel room was teeny tiny and we had a double bed, the shower was super small too basically enough room to walk in to it. But the room had a nice little balcony to sit out on and enjoy the view.

Us on the plane ready to go!
View attachment 99762

Our little balcony
View attachment 99763

And the view
View attachment 99764

The cool metro stop near us.
View attachment 99765

Our first view of the Eiffel Tower and the River Seine. The bridge in the picture is the "love lock" bridge that recently had the locks taken off and these decorative panels are up for now as they make repairs. Unfortunately, people are putting locks on other bridges, I wish they would realize that they aren't pretty on the bridge and they cause destruction.

Too big you can't like more than once. Your husband's face in the first picture is hilarious.
View attachment 99766

My first food in Paris, chocolate Berthillion ice cream. It was the best ice cream I've ever had, and that says a lot coming from a girl from the Dairy State!
View attachment 99767

At the Louvre!
View attachment 99768 View attachment 99769

Too bad you cant like more than once. Your husband's faces are hilarious.

Never knew you could take pictures inside the Louvre unless you took them discretely.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Then after the museum closed (we did get ushered out) we started walking up the Champs Elysees. We stopped at the place where Marie Antoinette got her head chopped, had a great meal, had some macarons, and climbed up 284 steps to the top of the Arc de Triomphe. Then we called it a day and headed back to the hotel.
IMG_6610.JPG IMG_6614.JPG IMG_6618.JPG

IMG_6620.JPG

Our first full meal in Paris: I had veal, Brad had duck, and I had a fun and tasty beer.
IMG_6628.JPG IMG_6629.JPG IMG_6630.JPG IMG_6635.JPG IMG_6640.JPG IMG_6648.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom