The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

As for the news, just remember: "If it bleeds, it leads." Those types of stories are always featured front and center. When I see negative stuff like that, I think to myself that those situations are in the minority, and I try to focus on the good people and good situations in life. It helps (me, anyway . . .). As for the fireworks, we heard some (illegal -- in MA, they are illegal except for professional, sanctioned displays) go off a few streets away. These were LOUD. My dog hates them, too, and we gave him a mild sedative to calm him down. (The vet prescribed these pills for those rare types of occasions.)

And those are just the ones that you heard about. Bad things happen every single day. I always looked at it as the joy of any day is when it doesn't happen to me. Doesn't mean I don't feel for those that it does happen too, but, being aloof from it will be something that I always hope for.

Agree with both sentiments! I usually avoid watching the news, but just had the TV on last night to help muffle some of the fireworks sounds. Guess I should have put a Disney movie on instead. :cat:

betty rose

Same here...! :hungry: :)

Croutons_on_a_salad.jpg
Maybe I'll just have a couple, like anyone would believe that!;):rolleyes:

catmom46

And now it's time for "Conversations I've had with my brother"

A few days ago, he was drinking a glass of water. He was playing with the ice and dropped a cube on the ground

Me: Do not pick it up, do not pick it up, do not pick it up, DO NOT PICK IT UP...
He picks it up and drops it in the glass.
Me: What did I say?
Brother: Not to
Me: And why did you do that?
Brother: I dunno.

I made him throw away the water, which was mostly ice by that point, in a garden nearby

Later:
Me: Go down the water slide with me.
Brother: No
Me: Come on.
Me: Yes
Me: If you don't go down the water slide with me, I'll make you watch Frozen when we get back to the room
Brother: Let's go down the water slide.

Today, as we were getting on the elevator after the fireworks.

Me: We are getting on this elevator.
Brother: Press the button!
Me: We've been waiting ten minutes; we are getting on this elevator.

When my parents got back a little later (and the crowds had cleared)

Brother: *runs over to Mom* I have to press the button!

Like living with Sheldon sometimes.:rolleyes:

The first conversation sounds exactly like my daughter - I think she has Sheldon tendencies as well. :geek:

catmom46

Quite a few. We put baked beans in the smoker (most people don't notice the difference. Smoked portabello mushrooms, potatoes (white and sweet) tempeh and tofu. I do 2 different pasta salads (they're almost the same except one is gluten free) Smoked corn on the cob. I don't go hungry LOL I'm skipping some things this year due to the cleanse but again I'm not going hungry any time soon. Right now the pork butt is already in the smoker, ribs, sausage, chicken, mac and cheese etc is going in later.

Hee-hee. You said butt.

d056c50952838be3fadcd606c3402723b28256ac7f9044ae362ad4a1c0135d66.jpg

MOXOMUMD

Hmm. So I've been giving these types of road signs some thought. If the illiterates obviously can't read them, then perhaps the state needs to replace those signs with more visual road signs. They could show 3 lanes of traffic lines with a tortoise in the right-hand lane, a horse in the middle lane, and a cheetah in the far left lane.
There should be a jack*** sign that pops up for those that barely do the speed limit. ;)

donaldtoo

I went to the allergist, and have so many allergies to food, I can't remember them all. I was a premie, very early, my Doctor says most things are because, my body took too long to develop, I weighed 5 pounds, when born. Back in the day this was in the 40's, my eyes weren't covered, and I have macular degeneration. I'll probably be on here for a few month's or years. A lot more is done for premies, today...I was in an incubator for month's. Most of my family didn't think I would survive, but, as I've said before, I'm a fighter! ;):brb:

So very sorry to hear about the macular degeneration. I hope they can find a way to slow it down and fend it off for as long as possible.
5 pounds was indeed a tiny premie back in the 40's. You are definitely a fighter.
Continued prayers and blessings to you.

Our middle child (DS, born in '92 - now 22 yrs. old) was a super premie. He came into the world at 1 lb. 4 oz., and spent 4.5 mos. in the NICU, before we were able to bring him home on a heart/apnea monitor that he was on for the first year. Lots of meds, and many other issues. Fortunately, he has been physically healthy for many years now. Although, he is on both the autism and Asperger's spectrums. He has issues with time/space, routines, etc..
I'm very familiar with premie eye issues, as well. While he was still in the NICU, he was diagnosed with premature retinopathy, and they did laser surgery to save his vision. Only about 5% of his peripheral vision was lost, and he has to have corrective lenses, but, other than that his eyes don't give him much trouble.
All that being said, we are very grateful. Awesome Dr.'s and nurses. Things could have been so much worse for him. There were so many other children, many born much larger than him, that never made it home.
He too, is a fighter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom