Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This is one of their biggest problems, and the equivalent of a "Yes Man". They get free stuff to promote Disney attractions as the best thing ever, and while the sky is falling posts are also exaggerated, they are closer to the truth than those painting this rosy picture, and every new attraction as being worthy of the name Disney.
Youll never see more sentences that end in an exclamation point than on the Disney Moms panel! And the grown men who are members of the "Moms Panel" just strike me as odd.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I said about a year back that I would be satisfied if the DHS redo went through in light of things happening already at Animal Kingdom. I too said I'd actually be impressed if they didn't completely ignore Epcot in the process. The fact that the DHS budget is astronomical and MK somehow is getting a not altogether insignificant investment too has me actually shocked and without criticism of the direction of WDW.

I'll speak with my wallet and likely move up from 1-2 trips a decade to biannual visits starting 2017.

The next five years sound promising for all 12 parks in the Disney portfolio... when has that ever happened?

We have an announcement nothing more, It could easily vanish if something happens to affect the stock price, In the tech industry we call this 'vaporware' as it does not really exist. When TWDC actually starts CONSTRUCTION i'll be a little more open to the the possibility this may actually happen. Until then I'm classing this with all the things TWDC promised at the parks and yet they only exist as announcements.

AJO

My deepest apologies, I swear I had read that somewhere, but should've fact-checked and will be sure to do so in the future ;)

HOWEVER, I think the point is still valid. First, I'm of the opinion that they've been doing even more than that $500 million they committed to. We know $1.6 billion over a 5 year (2014-2019) period is for USH: http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/de...nvestment-in-hollywood-theme-park-1201154785/ (Look! I referenced a thing!)

SO, if they can give me WWOHPDA, Springfield, Kong, Volcano Bay, Sapphire Falls plus whatever else is up their sleeve unannounced with just $900 million, then kudos.

The point was, USO has way less disposable income but is investing roughly the same amount of money in half the time. Never mind that a Universal dollar goes wayyyyy further than a Disney dollar.

doctornick

Indy? Pipe dream. 15 year old pipe dream. They're not going to drop a 15 year old attraction into a dated and quiet property like Indy, especially since they haven't had a successful film since Holy Grail.

I have no reason to suggest that an Indy attraction would be built, but they did just build a brand new ride based on Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs. And they are also building a bar based on the Indiana Jones IP. So, I don't buy the "it's an old franchise" reationale as to a reason why Dr. Jones won't be getting a new ride at WDW.

PhotoDave219

I have no reason to suggest that an Indy attraction would be built, but they did just build a brand new ride based on Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs. And they are also building a bar based on the Indiana Jones IP. So, I don't buy the "it's an old franchise" reationale as to a reason why Dr. Jones won't be getting a new ride at WDW.

I've walked 13 miles today, my good doctor.

I shall fall back on the entire "it's been a fanboi dream" for 15 years and none of the usual sources (74, lee, Martin, Articos) have heard this.

AEfx

The thing that kills me is that this large renovation with an enormous price tag wouldn't have been necessary had they consistently updated the place with new attractions over the years. It's like those cheap landlords who defer maintenance for decades until their building is on the verge of collapse and then get a big loan to spend years renovating everything from the ground-up. Eventually they're going to have to do the same thing with Epcot.

Yeah, but Disney didn't own Star Wars before, so this is an incredible win. While conceptually I agree, I'm going to be much much happier when all this is said and done about what we are supposedly getting, versus just turning the studios into a virtual extended MK Pixar-land which is likely all we would have gotten had this money gone into DHS previously.

BrerJon

Yeah, but Disney didn't own Star Wars before, so this is an incredible win.

"Lucasland" has been suggested to be on and off the WDI drawing board for over a decade now, long before Disney thought of buying Lucasfilm.

They already have an Indiana Jones stunt show and a Star Wars ride in DHS. I don't think if they'd wanted to do a few more attractions on the theme it would have made any difference if they owned it or not.

AEfx

"Lucasland" has been suggested to be on and off the WDI drawing board for over a decade now, long before Disney thought of buying Lucasfilm.

They already have an Indiana Jones stunt show and a Star Wars ride in DHS. I don't think if they'd wanted to do a few more attractions on the theme it would have made any difference if they owned it or not.

I disagree - Lucas was notoriously prickly and slow about those things (it is said that he is what held up Star Tours 2.0 so long) and I do think that while yes, Disney has worked with Lucasfilm properties before in the parks, that they wouldn't be doing quite the breadth of what it seems they may be doing for a property they didn't own. The merchandise alone is a massive factor there - they no longer have to share revenue with anyone, every dime belongs to them. So I do think it will be much more comprehensive than anything we could have possibly gotten before.

FigmentJedi

I disagree - Lucas was notoriously prickly and slow about those things (it is said that he is what held up Star Tours 2.0 so long) and I do think that while yes, Disney has worked with Lucasfilm properties before in the parks, that they wouldn't be doing quite the breadth of what it seems they may be doing for a property they didn't own. The merchandise alone is a massive factor there - they no longer have to share revenue with anyone, every dime belongs to them. So I do think it will be much more comprehensive than anything we could have possibly gotten before.
Wasn't there also an issue of Eisner getting under George's skin?

AEfx

Wasn't there also an issue of Eisner getting under George's skin?

LOL, that I don't know specifically - but I really really wouldn't be surprised. ;) I know there is no way in Mustafar that Uncle George would have sold to Disney with him in charge, though.

Evolution

Yeah they should have totally gone for something original like "Universal Studios - Orlando." Totally distinguishes it from "Universal Studios - Hollywood," "Universal Studios -Japan," and "Universal Studios - Singapore."

What? Disney does this too, with Disneyland Paris, Tokyo, etc. It's always the name of the first park, and that makes sense. Hollywood Adventure is just a lazy name imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom