Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

odmichael

Original Poster
Mods, feel free to put this in the rumor thread if you'd like. But this one had a lot of stuff so I figured it may deserve its own thread.

Disney's Hollywood Adventure- Not much of an original name, but so be it.

Here is the article via, The Infamous

Say goodbye to the Disney’s Hollywood Studios you have come to love over the years, and get ready to welcome with open arms the biggest theme park expansion Disney has ever set out to do. Details of Disney’s Hollywood Adventure are set to be rolled out at this year’s D23 Expo in Anaheim come August, but we’ve got the exclusive on some of the secrets The Mouse was trying to keep under wraps until then.

With the attention of geeks centered on what comes out of San Diego a short time from now at the 2015 edition of Comic-Con, there have been some major developments swirling beneath the radar as it pertains to Disney. The Mouse is going to have a huge presence at the event, pulling back the curtain on a great deal of STAR WARS content to whip the fans into a frenzy for the weekend, but for those who don’t just want to watch the things they love, but experience them as well, the enthusiasm will reach a much higher level when they learn of the pilgrimage to Orlando, Florida, they’ll have to make in the near future.

Per our reliable source Uncle Walt, Disney’s board has approved $3 billion for a massive overhaul of the Studios park, complete with rebranding to better reflect the shift away from how movies are made to more how they live and breathe inside of us. Along with that money, we’ll be seeing the park dominated by STAR WARS, Pixar and Indiana Jones as a great deal of the park’s older attractions are put out to pasture and about six new ones are ushered in.

Let’s start with what goes… Basically everything. It’d be easier to list what is going to be sticking around, as that list is much shorter, so here you go – The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania and the Great Movie Ride. If an attraction is not in that company, it’s not going to last. And yes, that even includes Muppet Vision 3D and the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, with things like the Magic of Disney Animation already confirmed to be on the cutting room floor.

But fear not, Disney lovers. Not all change is bad. What is in the works is something that should inject some new energy into the park, with two new STAR WARS attractions tapped to be in the works, including a Dagobah centerpiece for where Echo Lake and Gertie the Dinosaur currently reside. Details on what those attractions will be have managed to escape me for now, but, with STAR TOURS and the Jedi Training Academy, which I hear will be relocating indoors to an existing building, already in place, you’re looking at four STAR WARS attractions on the ground inside the park, not to mention the possibilities for dining and shopping experiences that would mimic what you’d encounter in that galaxy far, far away.

Indiana Jones will not be staying away from Hollywood Adventure for too long. He just won’t be doing it in a stunt capacity with the rumors of the long-standing show closing up shop finally coming true. However, an updated version of the Indiana Jones Adventure that can be found in Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, will be breaking ground in Florida finally. So there’s that to look forward to.

As for Pixar’s presence, Pixar Place will continue to grow, with three new attractions being added to the mix, and that doesn’t even count the expansion of Toy Story Mania that is currently in the works. In fact, sources tell me that construction may already be underway, hidden from public view where the Studio Backlot Tour used to exist. That would make the time from announcement to completion feel much shorter, a strategy Universal has successfully employed in recent years for their theme parks.

Now the time frame for all of this to be completed is a bit of a mystery. Disney is well aware that the park remains popular, and they’d like to keep guests coming through the turnstiles as they work through this period of transition. As a result, you’re not just going to see each of the rides and shows set to go closing their doors all at once. Disney will be moving through in waves, knowing that a handful of rides aren’t going to be enough to satisfy their crowds. So you’ll see a few things close down in order to make way for the new attractions, and, as those come along in the process, others will then start shuttering up for the new construction.

Once again, I’ve been told all of this will be revealed at D23 in greater detail and with many more specifics, but at least for now you have the blueprint for what The Mouse has planned for the next few years in Orlando.

Oh, and that doesn’t even include the new nighttime show being lined up for EPCOT to replace Illuminations or the new attraction that will be kicking Journey Into Imagination to the curb.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah.
A lot of stuff here. Some new. But a lot of what we have heard. Not sure if that gives him credibility or he's just putting pieces together. But one of the Star Wars sites I follow made a news story on this. So I guess they trust him.

PhotoDave219

We saw this yesterday and discussed it in the thread about the Board of Directors.

So here's what's accurate: at least $3B for DHS. Pixar is coming. Star Wars is coming.

Here's what's unclear vs everything else we've heard: everything else.

All of the "details" are things mentioned before as well as previous projects shot down.

Take it all with a massive grain of salt beyond the budgets.

mahnamahna101

We saw this yesterday and discussed it in the thread about the Board of Directors.

So here's what's accurate: at least $3B for DHS. Pixar is coming. Star Wars is coming.

All of the "details" are things mentioned before as well as previous projects shot down.

So that $3 billion+ is JUST DHS? Wow... so Epcot/MK are out the window?

Either way, it's exciting to see this finally happen.

wogwog

I have to go to the market and buy more salt.

PhotoDave219

$3billion - huge number! (if true) and very exciting. I guessing when finished it will seem like a completely new park.

The only thing I didn't like from the article is the potential axing of Illuminations.

The only new information in that article comes from the size of the budget. Everything else is repeated conjecture that we've heard an ad nausem over the past two years.

Atomicmickey

This brings up a point. I think there should be a moderated thread called something like "relevant information from the @WDW1974 threads. When something like this comes up, it could be cross posted by a moderator, and locked. That way, you could read the info without having to wade through dozens of pages of other stuff. The person who posted this could be forgiven for having missed it in the other thread. It's tough to dig for nuggets in there, sometimes. I would appreciate an aggregator, also.

Nemo14

This brings up a point. I think there should be a moderated thread called something like "relevant information from the @WDW1974 threads. When something like this comes up, it could be cross posted by a moderator, and locked. That way, you could read the info without having to wade through dozens of pages of other stuff. The person who posted this could be forgiven for having missed it in the other thread. It's tough to dig for nuggets in there, sometimes. I would appreciate an aggregator, also.

I don't think we were criticizing the OP for not seeing this in the other thread. it was more like steering readers to where they could read further discussion about it.

PhotoDave219

Hadn't heard about Dagobah before, everyone assumes Tatooine . . . but yeah,
we shall see in a short month or so. The stage is set . . .

You mean D23?

I will be shocked if the Star Wars details are unveiled for DHS there. Disneyland? Yes. World? Not quite yet....

I would expect a presentation on the rebranding of the park and maybe some Pixar stuff. I would also expect a Marvel presentation for DCA. As well as Avatar/ rivers of light details

Also, the Indy thing seems pretty far fetched. It's a 15-20 year old fan wish and was never mentioned to me as being considered for DHS.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hadn't heard about Dagobah before, everyone assumes Tatooine . . . but yeah,
we shall see in a short month or so. The stage is set . . .

The Dagobah thing has been thrown around a lot because it would be something they could do with Echo lake, there is even a Star Wars Weekends poster showing an X-Wing in the lake. The question is, is this just armchair imagineering or is it something that was actually being considered.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You mean D23?

I will be shocked if the Star Wars details are unveiled for DHS there. Disneyland? Yes. World? Not quite yet....

I would expect a presentation on the rebranding of the park and maybe some Pixar stuff. I would also expect a Marvel presentation for DCA. As well as Avatar/ rivers of light details

Also, the Indy thing seems pretty far fetched. It's a 15-20 year old fan wish and was never mentioned to me as being considered for DHS.
Definitely agree that any BIG Star Wars news at D-23 will be more about DL. WDW has Avatar that they need to highlight and quite frankly, Id rather see more about whats happening at DAK anyway since it currently has more activity.

Quoting the article, "sources tell me that construction may already be underway, hidden from public view where the Studio Backlot Tour used to exist. That would make the time from announcement to completion feel much shorter, a strategy Universal has successfully employed in recent years for their theme parks."

But then it mentions that, " I’ve been told all of this will be revealed at D23 in greater detail and with many more specifics".

That doesnt exactly make sense. For starters, Im sure we would have heard/seen if there was any substantial activity happening in the Back Lot Tour area, but even if there was, how much progress could have bee made between Back Lot closing and D-23 that would make the "time form announcement to completion feel shorter?"

As far as Dagobah going in Echo Lake, that just seems a bit odd. Seems like a tough spot to have any type of decent transition from Hollywood Blvd into a swampy forest. And Illuminations getting the axe? Dont know about that one, they might as well have said IASW will be going to Epcot as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom