Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Cesar R M

Personally, while I really think Pixar is shoehorned into the studios as it is, I just hope it's not more Toy Story crap. We have enough Toy Story-themed things in WDW. I'd pretty much prefer any other Pixar-themed thing over it.
Agree, they have many opportunities and many different characters/worlds.
Its not just pixar'ss toy story or Monsters Inc!

From The Incredibles to Inside out, theres so many characters and worlds to use and exploit.

Last edited:

dumboflyer

People still go to disney quest?
my last trips where I've been around downtown disney.. Disney quest sits always.. empty.
Disneyquest seems to have been slowly closing for at least a decade and a half now. Sort of ironic that it's turning into a sports-based venue after all those years of it being rumored to be a new/transplanted ESPN Zone.

AEfx

I seem to recall something about the animators going to Roy back in the day and saying that the mouse should invest in it....

Although how Lucas paints history changes about as often as he changes underpants, apparently his original intention was to make Star Wars at Disney (and this was said many years before he ever sold to them, by at least a decade, so it wasn't "PR" for the sale). It was the studio he wanted in the first place, and he has said he believes that if Walt hadn't died a few years earlier that he would have "gotten it" and they would have let him (instead of the "no" he got from them like he did from every other studio the first time around).

Of course, that doesn't really change much - but it does make you think. What he is saying is likely very true - particularly when you consider the live-action that Disney was making in the 60's, 70's, it fits in very well - just done, better. They were trying to make films like Star Wars ("The Island at the Top of the World", etc.), they just didn't succeed. It would have been a very natural progression and would have been no more odd than Disney doing 20K. They also certainly attempted to go in that direction after ("Black Hole").

That's why when folks act like Star Wars is just "so not Disney!" they technically are correct, they are not the company that ended up producing them. But "spiritually", if you will (for lack of a better term), and certainly thematically, they really are not very far from the live action fare Disney was producing at the time, and it's just arbitrary business decisions by money men that are why it didn't end up happening in the first place.

Cesar R M

And it was under the creative leadership of a man long obsessed with Disney who was given the boot from the animation studio.
which makes it more ironic.
A lot of the "new" talent from Disney, comes after being Fired by Disney in the first place.
Thats some real disconnecting between lower management looking for a quick bonus, vs long term approach of top managers.

lazyboy97o

which makes it more ironic.
A lot of the "new" talent from Disney, comes after being Fired by Disney in the first place.
Thats some real disconnecting between lower management looking for a quick bonus, vs long term approach of top managers.
Huh? The Studio, live action and animation, was flailing and top leadership was consumed with the EPCOT Center.

AEfx

Stay on topic.

Or... in the spirit of Star Wars... Stay on target!

Talking about the IP's we are...talking about and their appropriateness to the Disney company (and therefore Parks - which some are questioning) is "on topic".

It's certainly more interesting than a half dozen posts on every page saying, "So come on, give us more inside info...please" when we all know as soon as anything leaks things will light up like a Christmas tree, and it's very likely to not be anytime soon, so everyone can just chill out and relax.

skubersky

A great story that won't likely ever get written (listening @skubersky ?) is spending a day with a family that bought one day tickets to that park only and what they saw and what their thoughts were/are. Again, won't happen because it is a great story to write.
I'm listening ;-)
We just sent the new 2016 guide off the the printer tonight, and for the 1st time ever we flat out say a Disney park (DHS) isn't worth the money, and you should go to USF instead.

PhotoDave219

People still go to disney quest?
my last trips where I've been around downtown disney.. Disney quest sits always.. empty.
Disneyquest seems to have been slowly closing for at least a decade and a half now. Sort of ironic that it's turning into a sports-based venue after all those years of it being rumored to be a new/transplanted ESPN Zone.

DQ was always packed on rainy days. I only went on a friends Comp ticket. I always thought an ESPN themed restaurant/experience would be the better choice but clearly, no one wanted to shell out the $$$ for this.

I can see The NBA experience having a broadcast set that they can host pre/post game shows from occasionally for "The NBA on ESPN/ABC".

Lots of synergy, cross promotion and someone else paying for it all.

Talking about the IP's we are...talking about and their appropriateness to the Disney company (and therefore Parks - which some are questioning) is "on topic".

It's certainly more interesting than a half dozen posts on every page saying, "So come on, give us more inside info...please" when we all know as soon as anything leaks things will light up like a Christmas tree, and it's very likely to not be anytime soon, so everyone can just chill out and relax.

Hopefully some of our younger viewers (21+) will find a nice Irish whiskey or scotch and sit back and chill.

I'm listening ;-)
We just sent the new 2016 guide off the the printer tonight, and for the 1st time ever we flat out say a Disney park (DHS) isn't worth the money, and you should go to USF instead.

Well as soon as I get my final day of data, I'm ready to publish my first six-months look at attendance.... and while Studios has improved over 2014, attendance still agrees with you and that sentiment. 40% of the time, off peak crowds.....

DisneyCane

Since this thread is 117 pages long and very difficult to find information, can somebody summarize? What attractions/lands are most likely to be created (or have been greenlit)? What timeframe are we looking at? Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom