Do you think Disney will finally fix the Yeti after Universal opens their new King Kong ride?

lazyboy97o

No, they're lying to make themselves look bad and to simply give them an excuse (regardless of how lame) to get upset over nothing.

And the lying isn't in the sense of not having ever seen the thing move. That's not it at all, because I've seen it in action myself. The lying is in the way it's projected to be some huge major issue that makes or breaks the ride.....it's not.

No it isn't......not by a long shot. It's a split second of the entire show that doesn't need to be fixed, regardless of how many people absurdly make it out to be the greatest thing in the history of mankind.
Disney produced television specials all about the "split second."

DisneyJunkie

So Joe Rhode is wrong when he says the figure is the climax of the experience?

Yes, he is. And clearly fixing the stupid thing isn't a high priority. It hasn't worked well in about 9 years and the last Rhode said on it was 2 years ago at the D23 Convention where he said "I will fix the Yeti someday, I swear." Sure, whatever you say, Joe.

NormC

No it isn't......not by a long shot. It's a split second of the entire show that doesn't need to be fixed, regardless of how many people absurdly make it out to be the greatest thing in the history of mankind.
Actually it is and we have already discussed this. I did not make it out to be the greatest thing in history of mankind. Lighten up.

DisneyJunkie

Actually it is and we have already discussed this. I did not make it out to be the greatest thing in history of mankind. Lighten up.

No, it isn't and won't ever be. You and the others are trying to make it out to be way more than it is. You lighten up first.

DisneyJunkie

You clearly are not. Just calling everyone liars and saying they are wrong because they do not agree with you does not constitute an intelligent debate.

That's your opinion, and proof that I still can't find anyone capable of intelligent debate.....or a mature one either.

hth1917

(emphasis added)

For me, this statement enters "I can't understand how anyone can believe that" territory. It is an effect that a great deal of money was spent on to have it work in a particular way. It is broken and doesn't work AT ALL. I am not given any discount on the price of my AP to make up for a non-functioning figure which still, even after all this time, sometimes shows up working in promotional materials. We've been told be people who generally know very well what they're talking about that the figure can be fixed without even so much as significant downtime for the ride. And yet it "doesn't need to be fixed"? How can one actually say this with a straight face? It's broken, so of course it needs to be fixed.

NormC

Minor and trivial? The biggest and most advanced AA for Disney at the time is far from minor and trivial. I understand that you do not feel it is necessary to fix it because you only see it for two seconds and you are entitled to that opinion. Your opinions however do not trump facts. It was a major investment and a huge part of the show as created by Disney Imagineeering and Joe Rhode.
Your petty argumentative responses also do not help you get your opinion validated. You are just making yourself look bad. Peace.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's pretty absurd to put a lot of money into something that isn't seen for more than a mere fraction of a second,.
Hardly. Two or three seconds -as the train decelerates - to leave a lasting impression at the finale of the ride.

If it wasn't important it wouldn't have been designed, built and installed.

But, if you don't "get it" you possibly never will.

DisneyJunkie

(emphasis added)

For me, this statement enters "I can't understand how anyone can believe that" territory. It is an effect that a great deal of money was spent on to have it work in a particular way. It is broken and doesn't work AT ALL. I am not given any discount on the price of my AP to make up for a non-functioning figure which still, even after all this time, sometimes shows up working in promotional materials. We've been told be people who generally know very well what they're talking about that the figure can be fixed without even so much as significant downtime for the ride. And yet it "doesn't need to be fixed"? How can one actually say this with a straight face? It's broken, so of course it needs to be fixed.

Don't act as if the Yeti is the only thing Disney has poured a lot of money into that either broke and wasn't fixed, or ended up being scrapped altogether, or never saw the light of day. It's an effect they meant to have working all the time, yet by means of poor design and planning, hasn't worked as it was intended......and likely never will again. Your choice to pay for an AP has nothing to do with a minor effect on one ride (which NEVER has prevented the ride from operating by the way) not working properly. For ANYONE to claim that the non-working Yeti ruins their ride experience or takes away from it at all.....that's absolutely ridiculous. How anyone can make such a claim with a straight face is beyond me. You don't see those same people refusing to ride EE altogether because of it do you? No....so clearly it really isn't as big a deal as they're trying to make it out to be. It does not need to be fixed. The workaround in place gives the same effect, without Disney having to pour any more money into it.

NormC

Hardly. Two or three seconds -as the train decelerates - to leave a lasting impression at the finale of the ride.

If it wasn't important it wouldn't have been designed, built and installed.

But, if you don't "get it" you possibly never will.

Exactly.

DisneyJunkie

Minor and trivial? The biggest and most advanced AA for Disney at the time is far from minor and trivial. I understand that you do not feel it is necessary to fix it because you only see it for two seconds and you are entitled to that opinion. Your opinions however do not trump facts. It was a major investment and a huge part of the show as created by Disney Imagineeering and Joe Rhode.
Your petty argumentative responses also do not help you get your opinion validated. You are just making yourself look bad. Peace.

Yes....minor and trivial....and EXTREMELY so for an effect that is only seen for a split second. If it were something located in the ride queue itself that the crowds would regularly pass by and could see for much longer than a split second, then I could see making a fuss over it. It would then be likened to the Mr. Potato Head animatronic from TSMM not working. Your "facts" are irrelevant, as are your juvenile and petty remarks in response. Keep them flowing if you want to keep looking the fool.

lazyboy97o

Yes, he is. And clearly fixing the stupid thing isn't a high priority. It hasn't worked well in about 9 years and the last Rhode said on it was 2 years ago at the D23 Convention where he said "I will fix the Yeti someday, I swear." Sure, whatever you say, Joe.
For a guy lecturing others you seem totally unaware of who controls maintenance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom