River Country, the end?

prfctlyximprct

Not close. River Country is between the WL and Ft. Wilderness ~ you can see it if you ride the boat from the lodge to the campground. It is almost a right angle from where the WL DVC cabins will be.

Will they be able to see it? I remember passing it on the way to Hoop de Doo and tried to take stalker paparazzi photos but they didn't turn out too well..

Ztonyg

Maybe the poster is referring to the lack of care for Innoventions or the not-open-to-the-public brown building behind Test Track (still don't know what it is there for).

I'm shocked that that Odyssey building has been that way for over 20 years. It really is an eyesore and does look like Disney doesn't care. At least Wonders of Life is hidden in the corner.

PhotoDave219

From LostEpcot:

"The Odyssey opened with the rest of the park in 1982 as a restaurant and complex. Technically part of Future World, it sits in the transition zone between Future World and World Showcase (between Test Track and Mexico).

The restaurant served hot dogs, hamburgers, and salads for lunch, and beef stew, fried clams, and sweet and sour chicken for dinner. During the late 80s and early 90s, there was also a live show with characters to entertain guests at the restaurant called "Mickey's Rockin' Celebration." The Odyssey also housed first aid, baby services, and lost children.

In July 1994, the Odyssey Restaurant closed, with the building only to be used for special events (the restrooms and services can still be used by everyday guests, though). Currently, the Odyssey is listed as the "Odyssey Center" on the Epcot guide map."

Its basically used for group events like cheer leading competitions, high school bands etc...

I too wish it could be refurbished and reopened to guests.

Well more like wedding receptions and corporate dessert parties. It pulls more money per square foot now than it did before as a place open to guests. Its used constantly.

Plus, it was the perfect place for the beer garden during F&W.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Will they be able to see it? I remember passing it on the way to Hoop de Doo and tried to take stalker paparazzi photos but they didn't turn out too well..
Unlikely, since the cabins will be along the water in front of WL. You couldn't see it from the WL boat dock, could you? Similar view for DVC.

blueboxdoctor

I'm shocked that that Odyssey building has been that way for over 20 years. It really is an eyesore and does look like Disney doesn't care. At least Wonders of Life is hidden in the corner.

Here I thought I had a good comprehension of WDW, guess I never looked too into the abandoned attractions. Just looked up where it is, and yeah, somehow managed to always miss seeing it. Kind of strange, but probably helps explain why EPCOT feels so empty in the front, they kept closing it up.

SNS

They opened the Odyssey last year for the Super Bowl.

Epcot_Full_21412.jpg

P_Radden

To keep the Odyssey building from looking like some old closed-up building to guests, they should put some nice NEW signs up on it that say "Odyssey Center". Put one on each side of the building. Then add some vibrant window graphics to emphasize its current purpose as an events center. Tie in some neon accent lighting on the roof and you're good. I would also suggest a fresh coat of paint (but we all know how that worked out for the other buildings in FW)

As it looks now, most guests just think its old and not in use:
Odyssey-1-cropped-1000x563.jpg
ODYSSEY-JPG.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom