Do you think Disney will finally fix the Yeti after Universal opens their new King Kong ride?

copcarguyp71

In a word...

untitle.JPG

Even Magic 8-Ball agrees!
my_sources_say_no.jpg

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

It's on TDO's to do list

72,972- LED Popcorn Lights on The Grand Floridian
72,973- Add San Fransokyo ride to Japanese Pavilion in WS.
72,974- Fix Yeti.
72,975- Add Wall.E land to DAK
72,976- Sign "Duck Tape" up as the monorail's new sponsor.

Prince-1

The problem is that the Yeti isn't the weenie. The weenie, in my opinion, is that first big drop. That's what the Guest wants (and expects) to experience. The Yeti is just an added bonus that most might not even realize is broken. I'd love to see it working again though. :)

I like the Yeti's weenie.

WDIFanBoy

Here's the yeti in action. About the best I could find.

Yeah I get what some of you are saying about the Yeti being the main part of the attraction. It really does all lead up to that part where you meet him. And to be honest, at this point I think that Disney are too interested in keeping up with the likes of HPATFJ. (Sorry folks).

DisneyJunkie

I've never understood the complaining over the Yeti on EE. At that point in the ride, you're moving so quickly in that section you might see it for what, 1-2 seconds? The strobe effect does perfectly fine. Making the thing move won't really accomplish much.

Magenta Panther

I've never understood the complaining over the Yeti on EE. At that point in the ride, you're moving so quickly in that section you might see it for what, 1-2 seconds? The strobe effect does perfectly fine. Making the thing move won't really accomplish much.

So leaving a broken AA as is in a ride that's supposed to build up to its appearance is okay by you? Do you think Walt would approve of that, given his legendary insistence on quality?

Magenta Panther

Here's the yeti in action. About the best I could find.

Yeah I get what some of you are saying about the Yeti being the main part of the attraction. It really does all lead up to that part where you meet him. And to be honest, at this point I think that Disney are too interested in keeping up with the likes of HPATFJ. (Sorry folks).

You know, it's always seemed to me that the sequence of events in that ride is a little out of order. Shouldn't they have shown the Yeti tearing up the tracks BEFORE you arrive at them?

DisneyJunkie

So leaving a broken AA as is in a ride that's supposed to build up to its appearance is okay by you? Do you think Walt would approve of that, given his legendary insistence on quality?

Considering you're talking about a split second of the entire ride.....yes, it's fine to leave it as is. No one's ride experience is going to be ruined because of something as miniscule and minor as that. Walt probably would have went with the simpler option of the strobe light that makes more sense anyway.

CP_alum08

I would venture a guess, that at this point 90% of the people riding EE today don't know that it is broken. Unless they have watched YouTube videos from a decade ago how would they? It is a "fan boy" thing. If EE goes down for a major refurb then maybe expect it to be fixed but otherwise I would say you're SOL.

DisneyJunkie

I would venture a guess, that at this point 90% of the people riding EE today don't know that it is broken. Unless they have watched YouTube videos from a decade ago how would they? It is a "fan boy" thing. If EE goes down for a major refurb then maybe expect it to be fixed but otherwise I would say you're SOL.

I agree with you on that. And to get so ticked about the non-moving Yeti, it would be the same as saying "Well you know on Kilimanjaro Safaris, they used to drive on this one tiny spot of road that dipped a little, and now they don't do that anymore. I feel robbed."

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It wasn't a split second. It was a full on "crap your pants" moment. It made the ride. Getting upset about Disney's lack of desire to fix it IS justified. However, it goes far deeper than just the Yeti. The Yeti is a sign of an overall apathy by TDO to half-a** things and ignore broken attractions. Because.... well, "Its only a mere second of the ride. Who cares?"

WE do.
This is the same argument I've been putting forth on the Rope Lights thread to deaf ears.

CheekBoys

The Yeti is a sign of an overall apathy by TDO to half-a** things and ignore broken attractions. Because.... well, "Its only a mere second of the ride. Who cares?"

WE do.
This might be a stupid off-topic question but what is the difference between TDO maintenance and TDA maintenance? I mean I know DL has better overall maintenance but aren't they all going by the same "rules" like having to do a certain amount of maintenance at a certain time or something like that?

G00fyDad

This might be a stupid off-topic question but what is the difference between TDO maintenance and TDA maintenance? I mean I know DL has better overall maintenance but aren't they all going by the same "rules" like having to do a certain amount of maintenance at a certain time or something like that?

(My guess --->) They are both dictated by two different groups. Both groups follow what they see as ideal for a budget and utilize maintenance accordingly. TDO sees attraction maintenance as not as important as TDA. Just my guess.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The parks are run independently of each other. So, no, they do not play by the same rules.

Magenta Panther

Considering you're talking about a split second of the entire ride.....yes, it's fine to leave it as is. No one's ride experience is going to be ruined because of something as miniscule and minor as that. Walt probably would have went with the simpler option of the strobe light that makes more sense anyway.

You obviously know nothing about Walt. Hint: He was nothing like Robert Iger. And strobe lights on static figures are for cheap carnival rides, and WDW should have nothing to do with those.

If you're satisfied with a ride as long as it GOES REAL FAST!!!! then bully for you. But Disney is/was known for brilliantly themed attractions. Hey, maybe TDO should ditch the AAs in the Haunted Mansion (they cost a lot to maintain anyway) and go with bedsheets on hangers! With strobe lights! Keep the place dark enough and speed up the Doom Buggys and nobody'll know the difference!!! :rolleyes:

DisneyJunkie

You obviously know nothing about Walt. Hint: He was nothing like Robert Iger. And strobe lights on static figures are for cheap carnival rides, and WDW should have nothing to do with those.

If you're satisfied with a ride as long as it GOES REAL FAST!!!! then bully for you. But Disney is/was known for brilliantly themed attractions. Hey, maybe TDO should ditch the AAs in the Haunted Mansion (they cost a lot to maintain anyway) and go with bedsheets on hangers! With strobe lights! Keep the place dark enough and speed up the Doom Buggys and nobody'll know the difference!!! :rolleyes:

It's pretty absurd to put a lot of money into something that isn't seen for more than a mere fraction of a second, let alone be upset that it's not working......when the workaround in place does basically the same thing. I do agree that WDW shouldn't have anything to do with cheap carnival things like Dino-Rama at Animal Kingdom.....but, it's there and it's not going anywhere. EE going real fast is only part of the fun. You still have the awesome theming, the ripped up track, and the Yeti projection, not to mention the big drop. It's still one of WDW's best even if the stupid animatronic isn't moving for that final split second of the ride.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's pretty absurd to put a lot of money into something that isn't seen for more than a mere fraction of a second, let alone be upset that it's not working......when the workaround in place does basically the same thing. I do agree that WDW shouldn't have anything to do with cheap carnival things like Dino-Rama at Animal Kingdom.....but, it's there and it's not going anywhere. EE going real fast is only part of the fun. You still have the awesome theming, the ripped up track, and the Yeti projection, not to mention the big drop. It's still one of WDW's best even if the stupid animatronic isn't moving for that final split second of the ride.

I have said it before and I will say it again. What makes Disney, Disney is the sum total of 1000's of details that if removed individually most people wouldn't notice, but take as a whole make the parks what they are.

erasure fan1

It wasn't a split second. It was a full on "crap your pants" moment. It made the ride. Getting upset about Disney's lack of desire to fix it IS justified.
Exactly, the yeti was really the WOW moment for me. Yea the drop is fun but to enter the cave and see this enormous yeti trying to have you for lunch was pretty awesome. Unfortunately to many people now have no idea of the full glory of the yeti so therefor like to say things like "it's 2 seconds who cares get over it". Disney should be embarrassed beyond anything over the yeti, but they do not care at all. With the yeti EE is taken to the next level, without it, it's a pretty average coaster with a fantastic theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom