The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

:rolleyes::D
How much shorter is your one leg compared to the other?
My left leg is about 3/4ths of an inch to an inch shorter than my right leg.
Don't remember that bein' the case when I was younger. Best I can determine, it was a result of my left leg bein' in a cast for 4 mos. with a split calcaneous (heel) bone when I was 13 and goin' through a growth spurt. Just a theory, though.
When our oldest DD was still in middle school, they had a health fair. A Chiropractor was there with two separate scales right next to each other. Turns out, I've been putting twice my weight on my left leg than my right, even if I stand up straight. As a result of my left leg bein' that much shorter', I pretty much, exclusively, lean on my left leg for overall comfort. It's just not comfortable to try and lean on my right leg, at all. :bored:
I'm lopsided...Just call me "Loppsie"...!!! :joyfull: ;) :)
I'm so sorry to here this. My sister is experiencing a lot of pain, from her scoliosis. Curvature of the spine. I hope they can help you in the coming years. Sister is 70 this year. She would kill me if she knew I was telling her age. :D:rolleyes:

betty rose

We sleep 3 hours and arrive at 530 am on the 22 for the 24 hour party.
We get our t shirts and immediately run over to Big Thunder Mountain and ride it as the sun comes up. We make our way through Fantasyland.

View attachment 94059
We do Enchanted Tales with Belle. One our favorites because we like to watch all the children get so happy.
I love seeing the children in there too. They can be soooo sweet, and funny.

betty rose

May 22. We eat breakfast at Crystal Palace and that was so good. Sorry no bacon pictures because no one got any.
We canceled the BOG breakfast because it wasn't good for us.
Lunch was at the Plaza.
View attachment 94060
We all got the vegetarian sandwich. It was good, we love the Plaza.
We then rode the Jungle Cruise, look at this water.
View attachment 94061
View attachment 94062 View attachment 94063
Is it just me or is that strangely brown?
It looks like mustard and very weak catsup, to me.

betty rose

May 23 we get to HS around 230 and do a lot of SW stuff. It's fun but I liked it better back in the days of Hyperspace Hoopla.
View attachment 94068
Sitting waiting for my favorite show Fantasmic.
View attachment 94069
My daughter got the smores.
We saw Fantasmic and the SW fireworks which is wonderful. Back to the hotel and did some laundry.
I'm sorry my trip reports are not that great and I will try to make them reflect more of the fun we are having but I'm currently in the food court posting this because it's the only place I get reception.
I'll try to take better pictures too.
It's all great to me. I love your posts!:D

betty rose

I, too, ate at Earl of Sandwich--the Italian sammie again--loved it!!! I had a nice table outdoors; it was around 11:30 AM and not too hot, and there was a porch cover over the seating area which helped, too.

Happy to hear that you had such a fun boat ride and purchased your "first" new cup of the vacation! :)

Boma is a great restaurant and weren't you lucky to see a celebrity!! :joyfull:

I liked how they are upgrading Downtown Disney (Springs). Don't care for the name, but the new additions are nice. And, even though my budget would not allow a meal for me at the new Boathouse, I peeked in and was surprised to see how nice it looked down there--with that big open, circular bar area--a really nice touch, I thought. I didn't go further inside, but they had the bar area visible with all the doors open.
Thanks for taking a peak, that's all I can do...we have sea food allergies in the family. Not me, but I don't make the plans. ;)

donaldtoo

Want another fun fact... I am now 3 inches shorter then I was when I was in my 20's. It's not bad enough that body parts start to malfunction, now we can't even stand tall through it. It is nice to know that I am not overweight anymore, I am just under-height. I felt that my golf clubs were getting longer, now I know why. On the other hand if I fall now, I won't have so far to go.

Good Lord. That much...?
I've always heard about losing an inch or so (when standing straight up, and not hunched over ;)) over the years due to spinal compression and so forth, but, not 3 inches.
Last time I was measured at the docs office I was down to 5'-9-1/2" from my former 5'-10". I thought to myself... "Only about another half inch to go. Not too bad."

donaldtoo

5 centimeters(probably a bit more now) in my case. I had to have an elevation. shoes are not that flexible, thus hurt my feet. I ended with blisters for having to walk from my home to the bus and then from the bus to the school. Not fun since this was a DAILY thing.
infact, I had fights with the school directors.
which is stupid since they were close friends of my parents.. yet they refused to let me use special modified tennis.
Then I pretty much started to sabotage myself to not go to that school.
In my case, it was not about weight.. but cancer... the radiation pretty much killed the growth on the affected area (which was affected by bone cancer)

Wow, about 2 inches. That's a lot.
Yea, not a weight issue here, either. I was as skinny as a stick at 13. Like I said, I think it may have been the leg bein' in a cast for 4 mos. when I was goin' through a growth spurt.
So sorry about the school. Can't really understand what their problem would have been with you using whatever corrective measures you needed for your physiology.
I really need to get an orthotic (shoe insert). I've thought about it for a long time, but, have yet to do it. I need to do it soon though, because the weight distribution situation is starting to give me issues from time to time.

Goofyernmost

Good Lord. That much...?
I've always heard about losing an inch or so (when standing straight up, and not hunched over ;)) over the years due to spinal compression and so forth, but, not 3 inches.
Last time I was measured at the docs office I was down to 5'-9-1/2" from my former 5'-10". I thought to myself... "Only about another half inch to go. Not too bad."
My recorded height when I was in the service was 5' 10 1/2'' at the VA office this week I measured in at 5' 7 3/4". I was wearing flat soled shoes this week and I may very well have been wearing combat boots back then so it could have made a difference of maybe an inch. (oh, wait... I had hair back then as well) so who knows. I do know that I am considerably shorter due to my inseam measurement. Waist sizes I gave up on long ago but never gave a thought to the fact that my legs were shorter as well. At least I'm still being measured upright! :)

donaldtoo

I showed this to my DD, aka walking zombie. You got a STIFLE!!! Like Mother like Daughter.

She worked 74 hours between two jobs and 95, yes 95 hours this week. And yes both jobs pay overtime. Hopefully she will be well rested on payday and payday is the same day for both days.

Hahaaa...!
Do you not remember my 4+ year, as many as 3 jobs at a time, stint in retail...?!?!?!
I once went as long as 3 months without a single full day off, and worked an 18.75 hr. "Magical Friday", all on my feet, with about 5 min. to shove a sandwich down my throat.
The difference...I wasn't in my early twenties, I was in my mid-40's to early 50's (I turned 51 three days after my last Disney Store shift), and I was still runnin' circles around youngins' less than half my age.
Tell her I said STIFLE!!! right back, and welcome to my former world...!!!!! :joyfull: :D ;) :)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

My recorded height when I was in the service was 5' 10 1/2'' at the VA office this week I measured in at 5' 7 3/4". I was wearing flat soled shoes this week and I may very well have been wearing combat boots back then so it could have made a difference of maybe an inch. (oh, wait... I had hair back then as well) so who knows. I do know that I am considerably shorter due to my inseam measurement. Waist sizes I gave up on long ago but never gave a thought to the fact that my legs were shorter as well. At least I'm still being measured upright! :)

:hilarious: :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, God Bless the USA is a favorite of mine! Hmpf. I should go find my flag. :happy:

Speaking of flags . . .

I got a (small) flag yesterday from an 80-year-old veteran of the Marines. He was collecting donations for families of Marines who were serving overseas, so I put a few dollars in the collection box. (His booth was set up outside of a large supermarket, so he was cleared by the business to set up there.) I told him one of my brothers had also served in the Marines. He said that was good; and as I was walking away, he came over to me, and said, "I want you to have this flag. This is for you from me." :)

donaldtoo

May 23 we get to HS around 230 and do a lot of SW stuff. It's fun but I liked it better back in the days of Hyperspace Hoopla.
View attachment 94068
Sitting waiting for my favorite show Fantasmic.
View attachment 94069
My daughter got the smores.
We saw Fantasmic and the SW fireworks which is wonderful. Back to the hotel and did some laundry.
I'm sorry my trip reports are not that great and I will try to make them reflect more of the fun we are having but I'm currently in the food court posting this because it's the only place I get reception.
I'll try to take better pictures too.

No worries! It's all perfectly fine to me!
Keep it comin'...!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom