The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Yah, me too. Yesterday afternoon, I took the disposable camera to a photo store nearby. The man told me they develop film once a week there (he said they do maybe 20 rolls of film a week, and set up the machine one time and do them all at once). Anyway, I probably won't have any pix back until Weds., at the very earliest. I asked him to put them on a cd. Again, I really don't know if any of them will come out at all, but I'll let everyone know what happens . . . :in pain:

Fingers crossed...xx.....

donaldtoo

I actually hated.. no wait.. loathed with all my life.. schools that enforced strong dress codes.
Imagine being forced to wear shoes, when you have physical problems (bone weakness, one leg shorter than the other).

How much shorter is your one leg compared to the other?
My left leg is about 3/4ths of an inch to an inch shorter than my right leg.
Don't remember that bein' the case when I was younger. Best I can determine, it was a result of my left leg bein' in a cast for 4 mos. with a split calcaneous (heel) bone when I was 13 and goin' through a growth spurt. Just a theory, though.
When our oldest DD was still in middle school, they had a health fair. A Chiropractor was there with two separate scales right next to each other. Turns out, I've been putting twice my weight on my left leg than my right, even if I stand up straight. As a result of my left leg bein' that much shorter', I pretty much, exclusively, lean on my left leg for overall comfort. It's just not comfortable to try and lean on my right leg, at all. :bored:
I'm lopsided...Just call me "Loppsie"...!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

donaldtoo

It's now down to 72 degrees and we're getting hammered by a t-storm.
Lord knows we still need the rain, but, with so much havin' fallen recently, it ain't gonna' take much for the flash flooding to start...

Eric1955

Brilliant, yes. Amazing, yes. But too distracting. I can't imagine actually being there turning your head to look at fireworks and then to the buildings. No "story" in the Disney sense. However, the best parts are Tangled and the Lion King. I can't imagine them doing that with the amount of people that go. Bottleneck at Main Street.

I rather the music from Remember Dreams Come True but other than that I like it.

The new World of Color Looks like a huge improvement.

Audio cuts out on the Frozen section but that can be seen here

Goofyernmost

Don't remember that bein' the case when I was younger. Best I can determine, it was a result of my left leg bein' in a cast for 4 mos. with a split calcaneous (heel) bone when I was 13 and goin' through a growth spurt. Just a theory, though.
When our oldest DD was still in middle school, they had a health fair. A Chiropractor was there with two separate scales right next to each other. Turns out, I've been putting twice my weight on my left leg than my right, even if I stand up straight. As a result of my left leg bein' that much shorter', I pretty much, exclusively, lean on my left leg for overall comfort. It's just not comfortable to try and lean on my right leg, at all. :bored:
Want another fun fact... I am now 3 inches shorter then I was when I was in my 20's. It's not bad enough that body parts start to malfunction, now we can't even stand tall through it. It is nice to know that I am not overweight anymore, I am just under-height. I felt that my golf clubs were getting longer, now I know why. On the other hand if I fall now, I won't have so far to go.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm looking forward to whatever you have to post. Isn't it funny that just a couple years ago you could find lots of one hour photo stands and now you have to wait a week.

Actually, it was hubby who found this local photo store for film developing, for me. I haven't taken any pictures for years; and it dawned on me when I bought the disposable camera at Disney, that I might have an issue trying to find someplace to develop pictures. (I actually remember years ago that they would develop your film right at Disney, in their photo shops.)

I was surprised that my local photo store only develops film once a week now, and I really can't recall any one-hour places around here anymore. Even Walgreens just stopped film developing; they'll send it out someplace for you and it will take a week. I'm not sure if CVS still develops film either.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Whenever I go to WDW, I always have one big highlight each trip. :) So, this time, it was something I saw at Animal Kingdom.

Now, I know that a number of people aren't big fans of Rafiki's Planet Watch, but I always liked the little train ride that goes there, and I find that general area to be peaceful with the petting zoo and all, and not as hectic as the rest of the park.

Anyway, when I entered Conservation Station, I walked over to the veterinary treatment room (the big picture window, where you can see inside) and saw something amazing! There was a 300-pound, female Bengal tiger on the operating table!! :jawdrop: :happy: (She was sedated, and there were vets and technicians all around her.) I was only about 12 feet away from her (again, shielded by the window). They were trying to mend her ear, because she had been in a fight with another tiger and was injured. By the way, you should have seen the size of her large paws!! Yikes!

She was a gorgeous animal, and I was thrilled to get such an up-close look at her and watch the vets work their magic. This was one of the very best experiences I have had in all of my visits to WDW over the years! :) :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Loppsie.

Cesar R M

5 centimeters(probably a bit more now) in my case. I had to have an elevation. shoes are not that flexible, thus hurt my feet. I ended with blisters for having to walk from my home to the bus and then from the bus to the school. Not fun since this was a DAILY thing.
infact, I had fights with the school directors.
which is stupid since they were close friends of my parents.. yet they refused to let me use special modified tennis.
Then I pretty much started to sabotage myself to not go to that school.
In my case, it was not about weight.. but cancer... the radiation pretty much killed the growth on the affected area (which was affected by bone cancer)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Whenever I go to WDW, I always have one big highlight each trip. :) So, this time, it was something I saw at Animal Kingdom.

Now, I know that a number of people aren't big fans of Rafiki's Planet Watch, but I always liked the little train ride that goes there, and I find that general area to be peaceful with the petting zoo and all, and not as hectic as the rest of the park.

Anyway, when I entered Conservation Station, I walked over to the veterinary treatment room (the big picture window, where you can see inside) and saw something amazing! There was a 300-pound, female Bengal tiger on the operating table!! :jawdrop: :happy: (She was sedated, and there were vets and technicians all around her.) I was only about 12 feet away from her (again, shielded by the window). They were trying to mend her ear, because she had been in a fight with another tiger and was injured. By the way, you should have seen the size of her large paws!! Yikes!

She was a gorgeous animal, and I was thrilled to get such an up-close look at her and watch the vets work their magic. This was one of the very best experiences I have had in all of my visits to WDW over the years! :) :)

What a neat experience! I must admit I've never been out that way at AK. I thought about going in March, but once I got to the park I forgot about it. Just a reason to go back...like I really need a reason!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ha ha ha!! Love the Waltie pix!! :happy: :happy: He looks so clean and pretty!! Oh, Jack was ecstatic when I opened the front door last night. He was running up and down the hallway, and up and down the steps. Took his toys and flung them around. Then he ran around some more and would skid and crash into the wall. That was his way of saying welcome home! :p

Awe, it is so nice to know you were missed by Jack.

\ Walt is like that when I am gone one night or two weeks. Got home last time about 2am and I think he woke the neighbors. It was fun watching him look out that window at the taxi in the driveway and when he finally zero'd in on me he was so excited and so vocal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom