The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Eric1955

Yep, when it boils right down to it, Letterman Schmetterman, and all the rest.
I grew up with Johnny Carson. His first episode of "Tonight" aired on Oct. 1, 1962...19 days before I was born.
Carson was King. :)

My Mom told me that when she was giving birth to me Late Night with David Letterman was on and the doctor kept looking away to watch it. My Mom had to tell the doctor "stop watching Letterman long enough for me to have my baby and you can watch after!" :hilarious:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Howdy! Actually, my first day down there, I bought a disposable Kodak (film) camera, at the International Gateway entrance in Epcot. It was basically a piece of junk, but whatever. Both the CM and I were trying to figure out what the film speed was, and she finally found a tiny 800 on the box; I haven't a clue what that means, but it was the only camera they had. I attempted to take 27 pictures (oh, the flash didn't work either . . .) and if any of them actually come out, it will be nothing short of a miracle. :( But it gets even more interesting--

I had it in my carry-on bag, and I put the bag into a bin, for the TSA screening at the Orlando airport last night. So, I push the bin through those "car wash flap" things for the screener to scan, while I walk over to the "people" security xray machine. Now, out of the corner of my eye, I see a sign that indicates that film below 800 should not be damaged by the xray machine, and if you want, you can ask for a manual inspection of your bag, instead of putting it through the machine! Um . . . my bag was ALREADY IN THERE being scanned. DO YOU THINK they could have put this stupid sign BEFORE you put your tray into the machine??!!! :eek: :banghead:

Hence, I haven't a clue if any of this will develop at all. We have a photo shop not far from where I live, and I'll take it to them--to see if there's any possibility of it getting developed--either on paper or on a cd, which I guess is better.

Sorry to hear about the film fiasco. I hope something turns out.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Thank you everyone for the kind anniversary wishes.
Just got in from dinner - pics to follow.

In case you haven't figured, Hubby and I are not the flowers/cards/love songs kind of couple.

We're the flowers just because/every day I love you/random mushy texts kind of people.

I wish you all the same deep, abiding love that we share.

And now we're off to Bro's to hook up his kegerator.
Living the life. :joyfull:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It depends on the merchant. Most have reasonable time limits; quite a few have no expiration. I just checked the Barnes & Noble web site, and their gift cards have no expiration.

In 2009, Congress passed the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act, which set consumer protections for gift cards based on many state laws. The law provides that gift cards cannot expire within five years from the date they were activated and generally limits inactivity fee on gift cards except in certain circumstances, such as if there has been no transaction for at least 12 months. The federal law creates a floor for regulation and leaves room for state regulation on redeeming gift cards for cash and unclaimed property provisions.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We don't have a Ruth's Chris, we have the Keg. Not in the same league, but a pretty decent steak can be had.

Beverages:
image.jpg
Special occasion or not, I'm sticking with water.

Bread service - warm, crusty sourdough:
image.jpg
Close up:
image.jpg

Apps:
image.jpg
Close up:
image.jpg
Crab cakes for me.

image.jpg
Yucky calamari for Mike.

Pecan goat cheese steak for me.
I ordered medium well, but this baby was delivered well done. Not bad, but a few minutes less on the grill would have been better.
image.jpg
Close up:
image.jpg

Mike's 20 oz. New York strip:
image.jpg

And dessert. Sorry, I had already had a tiny bite before I took this pic:
image.jpg
Billy Miner Pie. Coffee flavoured ice cream, cookie crust, toasted almonds, ooey-gooey sauce. Very good, but I only ate the two slivers you see missing.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

We don't have a Ruth's Chris, we have the Keg. Not in the same league, but a pretty decent steak can be had.

Beverages:
View attachment 93933
Special occasion or not, I'm sticking with water.

Bread service - warm, crusty sourdough:
View attachment 93934
Close up:
View attachment 93935

Apps:
View attachment 93936
Close up:
View attachment 93938
Crab cakes for me.

View attachment 93937
Yucky calamari for Mike.

Pecan goat cheese steak for me.
I ordered medium well, but this baby was delivered well done. Not bad, but a few minutes less on the grill would have been better.
View attachment 93939
Close up:
View attachment 93940

Mike's 20 oz. New York strip:
View attachment 93941

And dessert. Sorry, I had already had a tiny bite before I took this pic:
View attachment 93942
Billy Miner Pie. Coffee flavoured ice cream, cookie crust, toasted almonds, ooey-gooey sauce. Very good, but I only ate the two slivers you see missing.
SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

Id totally steal that calamary and steaks.!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi everybody! I'm back from the Land of the Mouse! Missed you guys!

Eventually, I'll go back and read all the posts since last Saturday. But for now, here's a few comments about my trip; I'll log back on later this morning to catch up.

I had no ADRs, no Fastpass Plus, no Magic Band (I used the plastic ticket instead), and no EMH at AM or PM. (I was at the Swan, so I could have used EMH, but just chose not to.)

Somehow, I still managed to have a great time! I think it's important to point that out; guests like myself prefer to just wing it, while others plan. Either method is fine, depending upon your own particular preferences.

Here's some STAND-BY wait times I had over the past 5 days (please note these are all at random days & times across the parks), and again I really didn't need any Fastpass Plus:

Big Thunder (posted: 30, actual 25)
Kilimanjaro Safaris (posted: 30, actual 30)
Expedition Everest (posted 20, actual 15) Single Rider (when open) 2 minutes
Test Track (posted: 30, actual 20)
Space Mountain (was either 101, or was under renovations--not sure)
Splash (posted 70--I didn't bother; not worth it to me)
Haunted Mansion (posted 30, actual 30)
Small World (posted 30, actual 25)
Soarin (posted 30, actual 30)
7 Dwarfs Mine Train (posted: 50, actual 55*) *The only reason I agreed to wait long for this one was because I've never been on 7 Dwarfs Mine Train since it opened. I thought it was a fun ride, but would never wait that long again; in terms of my other favorite coasters, it was probably my least favorite.
Welcome back!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes! I loved the snow picture!!! WOO HOO!!! You see, the one thing I absolutely hated about my trip to WDW over the past few days was the darn HEAT! It wasn't too bad in the morning or after 7 PM. However, starting about 1:00 p.m. every day, the sun and temperature were brutal. I had to escape indoors every afternoon (for a few hours, and then go out again) so that I wouldn't pass out. When I just saw @MOXOMUMD 's lovely snow picture, I said "Ahhh . . . " :happy:. Also the temp. here at home today is around 68. Very nice! :)
I'm sooooooooooooo jealous! I love hot weather!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom