Loews Sapphire Falls Resort Construction

Scuttle

Original Poster
image.jpg
Figured I'd start a thread with the construction updates every month or so. I take this way to work so it won't be hard to get updates.

JoeCamel

Lots of pilings in the ground mean lots of building on top!

On a semi related speculation note the FDOT cleared all the trees and growth along the Kirkman road exit so UOR would have a direct shot to build an overpass/skybridge to Wet n' Wild if they wanted to spend that kind of money. How about a HE type ride between parks?

It is fun to dream......

GLaDOS

On a semi related speculation note the FDOT cleared all the trees and growth along the Kirkman road exit so UOR would have a direct shot to build an overpass/skybridge to Wet n' Wild if they wanted to spend that kind of money. How about a HE type ride between parks?

It is fun to dream......

I don't think WNW is long for this world.

Now whatever replaces it could need direct access to the existing resort, though.

maxairmike

It is fun to dream......

That's because Kirkman is the western end point for the first phase of Ultimate I-4. They're working on planning later phases, which would take it down past the attractions area (I want to say US 27 is the western end point for future phases of Ultimate I-4, but I'm not certain on that). The Kirkman exits are going to change significantly, along with entry/exit points for the toll lanes being on the new Grand National Dr. overpass connecting the Fun Spot area to Major Blvd. directly.

JoeCamel

That's because Kirkman is the western end point for the first phase of Ultimate I-4. They're working on planning later phases, which would take it down past the attractions area (I want to say US 27 is the western end point for future phases of Ultimate I-4, but I'm not certain on that). The Kirkman exits are going to change significantly, along with entry/exit points for the toll lanes being on the new Grand National Dr. overpass connecting the Fun Spot area to Major Blvd. directly.

I'd rather think UOR is putting in a people mover to their new park but thanks for the explanation

Can we say monorail?

BrianV

Does anyone know if the construction is impacting the guest experience at RPR? Can you hear noise, etc? We have reservations there in august but we could switch to another hotel.

Scuttle

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the construction is impacting the guest experience at RPR? Can you hear noise, etc? We have reservations there in august but we could switch to another hotel.
Yes it is. Tower 1 is almost complete,but from 10:30-3:00 the water is turned off and you can hear drilling and what not. Unfortunately the renovation is being haulted in June and started back mid August. So make sure you stay in Tower 1. (It will be done in a week)It's the best tower IMO anyway.

BrianV

Yes it is. Tower 1 is almost complete,but from 10:30-3:00 the water is turned off and you can hear drilling and what not. Unfortunately the renovation is being haulted in June and started back mid August. So make sure you stay in Tower 1. (It will be done in a week)It's the best tower IMO anyway.

Thanks, We are staying in a family suite. I don't know what tower those are in. Of course we are staying in late august right when the construction starts again.

I was also wondering whether there is construction noise from saphire falls hotel at rpr.

Scuttle

Original Poster
Thanks, We are staying in a family suite. I don't know what tower those are in. Of course we are staying in late august right when the construction starts again.

I was also wondering whether there is construction noise from saphire falls hotel at rpr.
The Sapphire Falls construction is nothing to worry about. Any more details on your rooms? I think the family suites are the ones that have the Jurassic park kids room. If that's the case there's 6 in each tower.

BrianV

The Sapphire Falls construction is nothing to worry about. Any more details on your rooms? I think the family suites are the ones that have the Jurassic park kids room. If that's the case there's 6 in each tower.

That's good to know.

Yes, it is a Jurassic park suite. If there are 6 in each tower, sounds like I should request one in tower 1. If I call and make such a request, will they note it on my reservation?

We were there in January (without kids) and the construction during the day was a little annoying but we never lost water. I'd be really annoyed to be unable to cool off mid day with a shower. Maybe I should consider switching to hrh. But rpr is actually my favorite theme park resort.

BrianV

Mind if I bump this up and ask about the impact from the contraction of saphire falls at rpr? (I was asking in another post, sounded like it was dusty, but decided to move over to this one.). We could switch to Portofino, but wouldn't be able to get the kids suite there anymore.

For anyone who has stayed at rpr, has this impacted your stay?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom