Loews Sapphire Falls Resort Construction

BrianV

IDK the answer, but are you at least getting a kick a$$ discount?

:(. Not particularly cheap--but a steal compared to WDW for a minisuite. Keep looking to see if I can get a pass holder discount when I'm there but so far no luck. I could switch to portofino and get a pass holder discount on a regular room, but would rather have the kids suite if we can get it. Hard rock is totally sold out.

danpam1024

:(. Not particularly cheap--but a steal compared to WDW for a minisuite. Keep looking to see if I can get a pass holder discount when I'm there but so far no luck. I could switch to portofino and get a pass holder discount on a regular room, but would rather have the kids suite if we can get it. Hard rock is totally sold out.
I booked a pool view at HRH for HHN about 4 months ago (stay more save more)- right now the AP rate is $100/night MORE for that same block of time! I hope they don't go Disney on their pricing :( Still better hotels.

BrianV

I booked a pool view at HRH for HHN about 4 months ago (stay more save more)- right now the AP rate is $100/night MORE for that same block of time! I hope they don't go Disney on their pricing :( Still better hotels.

Nice for you! Good thing you booked!

We have the stay-more save-more discount for the suite. It is only for three nights and I can live with it. My kids are getting big for a single room. Kept looking to try to get a pass holder discount. Instead of getting one, the suites just sold out. We are sort of on the tail-edge of peak season in august so I'm not shocked. I figured I'd cut my losses and get a pass holder discount for a standard room at rpr despite not wanting one but they were never made available. :(

The free express pass combined with the access make staying onsite a no brainer. I'm just not totally sold on the trek over to portofino yet compared to the short tropical walk from rpr. We sometimes go back and forth three times in to day. It's so easy.

danpam1024

PBR is FAR! and we're not a fan of the lack of atmosphere either. EP makes it totally worth the price- we only have 1 kid and prefer the kidsuites- spoiled a bit ;)

Scuttle

Original Poster
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

From 2-21-16

BrianV

Can't wait to visit! It feels like it is going to be continuous with the rpr. Are they continuing the canal over there for boat access or will they walk to the rpr?

Scuttle

Original Poster
Can't wait to visit! It feels like it is going to be continuous with the rpr. Are they continuing the canal over there for boat access or will they walk to the rpr?
Canal will be extended. It's considered a 4 star resort along with the others. It will also actually be called a Loews property. It actually looks pretty damn cool from the concept art.

BrianV

Canal will be extended. It's considered a 4 star resort along with the others. It will also actually be called a Loews property. It actually looks pretty damn cool from the concept art.
Agreed it looks cool! Just wish it had express pass!

matt9112

Agreed it looks cool! Just wish it had express pass!

Most people in the know "not me" have said due to capacity limitations giving out express pass with room is unlikely with any future property. It's essentially dumping all those guests onto the system adversely affecting regular guests. Still a great looking resort.

Scuttle

Original Poster
Most people in the know "not me" have said due to capacity limitations giving out express pass with room is unlikely with any future property. It's essentially dumping all those guests onto the system adversely affecting regular guests. Still a great looking resort.
That and this hotel is strictly targeted at group guests not families. It's mostly convention facilities.

matt9112

That and this hotel is strictly targeted at group guests not families. It's mostly convention facilities.

That's like saying Coronado Springs is only for groups. Sure it has convention space and will attract groups but it will still be a good price point for family's. The suits are very reasonable. Most importantly it continues the pressure on Disney. Universal construction is intense.

Scuttle

Original Poster
That's like saying Coronado Springs is only for groups. Sure it has convention space and will attract groups but it will still be a good price point for family's. The suits are very reasonable. Most importantly it continues the pressure on Disney. Universal construction is intense.
Intense it is... Universal knows how to pick contractors. Maybe they actually get that old saying of "you pay for what you get".

BrianV

Ill stay at rpr and get express pass and then visit this hotel to try it all out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom