Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular

Would this show make a good replacement for Beauty and the Beast?

• No, Beauty and the Beast is still great. They should keep it!

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • No.

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Yes!

Votes: 63 52.5%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 14 11.7%

• Total voters

Brer Panther

I think more shows at Disney parks could learn a thing or two from Aladdin. They could use a lot more ad-libbing!

"But Al, you promised!" (baby starts crying) "See that? The baby is crying because of you!"

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I think more shows at Disney parks could learn a thing or two from Aladdin. They could use a lot more ad-libbing!

"But Al, you promised!" (baby starts crying) "See that? The baby is crying because of you!"

Another great show would be the "Hercules: The Muse-Ical" show from the Disney cruise line.. Hades did the same concept!

Club Cooloholic

Anything can be adjusted for a theatre space! Trust me, I would know.
Well yes you could adjust it, but then it will lose a lot of what made it amazing. The set barley changes for the Beast show, the flying carpet, the multiple levels in the set and stands? I am all for having a new show, and it could be great, but in that theater it will be a far cry from what you get in DL.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Well yes you could adjust it, but then it will lose a lot of what made it amazing. The set barley changes for the Beast show, the flying carpet, the multiple levels in the set and stands? I am all for having a new show, and it could be great, but in that theater it will be a far cry from what you get in DL.

No offense or anything...

But it's like you're saying that Finding Nemo the Musical couldn't be put in AK because Tarzan Rocks! theatre was in the way.. As if Disney couldn't do the same thing!

And even if they couldn't re-construct the theatre... No, there really wouldn't be any affects lost. A theatre can be re-designed, a set can be re-designed. Adjustments can be made. Maybe not easily, but if done right, they can. This is how a Broadway show can go on tour. Such as Mary Poppins, Newsies or The Lion King.

Multiple levels in the set and stands can be re-designed too. It really isn't impossible or anything. Disney performs this same exact Aladdin show on their cruise ship to give you an idea.

Chef Mickey

I'll say it again. There is no reason at WDW to take away anything unless it's just flat out awful (very few things). I think they should focus on adding shows and attractions, especially at HS.

It's getting sad walking around HS and seeing all the unused buildings and space due to closures or just laziness.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I'll say it again. There is no reason at WDW to take away anything unless it's just flat out awful (very few things). I think they should focus on adding shows and attractions, especially at HS.

It's getting sad walking around HS and seeing all the unused buildings and space due to closures or just laziness.

I disagree if there's a case in replacing something that'll make it better and guaranteed a replacement.

Otherwise, I agree with you on the un-used buildings thing. There's no reason for that. Unless the attraction is "Sounds Dangerous!" Then it's better off as an empty building. :)

Club Cooloholic

No offense or anything...

But it's like you're saying that Finding Nemo the Musical couldn't be put in AK because Tarzan Rocks! theatre was in the way.. As if Disney couldn't do the same thing!

And even if they couldn't re-construct the theatre... No, there really wouldn't be any affects lost. A theatre can be re-designed, a set can be re-designed. Adjustments can be made. Maybe not easily, but if done right, they can. This is how a Broadway show can go on tour. Such as Mary Poppins, Newsies or The Lion King.

Multiple levels in the set and stands can be re-designed too. It really isn't impossible or anything. Disney performs this same exact Aladdin show on their cruise ship to give you an idea.
I guess what I am saying is it needs to be indoors

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Anything can be adjusted for a theatre space! Trust me, I would know.

Now that I've seen the DL Aladdin, I must disagree. The current outdoor theater showing Beauty would have a difficult time accommodating the flying carpet scene. Which was amazing. Having done such work in my theatrical days, I was impressed. Especially when Aladdin, Jasmine, the Genie all flew in the carpet over the House. And the CM portraying the Genie for the show I saw? Very good. And his jokes were spot on. The CM playing Aladdin, not so good.

Not sure if there is unused theatre space in WDW that could accommodate the Aladdin show with the caliber of the DL production. But if DL is going to be the only U.S. park presenting Aladdin, just gives me another excuse to visit DL again. And not wait 32 years for the return visit.

Overall, it was an amazing show. Toss up which is better - Lion King or Aladdin. Makes Beauty look like a high school production.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I guess what I am saying is it needs to be indoors
Now that I've seen the DL Aladdin, I must disagree. The current outdoor theater showing Beauty would have a difficult time accommodating the flying carpet scene.

I am 100% sure I clarified that Disney managed to do this during the Tarzan Rocks! to Nemo Musical change. Very positive I said that.

Chef Mickey

Anything can be done for a price, but the problem is, Disney doesn't want or care to make it happen.

Putting in the Aladdin show in any theater might be some work and money, but definitely not impossible. They have the talent and the money to do it, just don't want to.

It's just like fixing the Yeti. It's obviously possible, but not cost effective for Disney and a myriad of other reasons.

I'm just tired of Disney poor-mouthing it like that have no resources to make things better where they are sorely needed.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Anything can be done for a price, but the problem is, Disney doesn't want or care to make it happen.

Putting in the Aladdin show in any theater might be some work and money, but definitely not impossible. They have the talent and the money to do it, just don't want to.

It's just like fixing the Yeti. It's obviously possible, but not cost effective for Disney and a myriad of other reasons.

I'm just tired of Disney poor-mouthing it like that have no resources to make things better where they are sorely needed.

As much sense as that may seem and as much as I want to agree with you... I still can't. Sorry.

When Disney is fine with spending money for a brand new third Soarin' theatre, or a 3rd track for Toy Story Mania... Heck, Finding Nemo is STILL a good example here...

It's not that they wouldn't want to do it. It's just that they've never considered it. Nobody ever complains about the beauty and the beast show. It still brings in hundreds of people. Nobody mentions it. It's nearly invisible to their eyes.. So, why even think about it??

Whereas I remember many people complaining about how hot the Tarzan show was and how it was declining in popularity. Hence a reason Whu we got Nemo AND a brand new theatre.

Beauty and the Beast is like the least of their worries.. So they focus on what is giving them issues such as wait times for soarin and toy story... Closing backlot tour because of complaints and useless of it, so we get something new. Captain EO obviously got noticed enough to be replaced with preview films finally.

But beauty and the beast? It has JUST enough to keep park guests content compared to other issues. Therefore, they'll completely forget about its existence until they're either looking for a place big enough to put a full out frozen musical or until people start complaining about the show.

That's my view on the situation.. But that's really just me.

Chef Mickey

As much sense as that may seem and as much as I want to agree with you... I still can't. Sorry.

When Disney is fine with spending money for a brand new third Soarin' theatre, or a 3rd track for Toy Story Mania... Heck, Finding Nemo is STILL a good example here...

It's not that they wouldn't want to do it. It's just that they've never considered it. Nobody ever complains about the beauty and the beast show. It still brings in hundreds of people. Nobody mentions it. It's nearly invisible to their eyes.. So, why even think about it??

Whereas I remember many people complaining about how hot the Tarzan show was and how it was declining in popularity. Hence a reason Whu we got Nemo AND a brand new theatre.

Beauty and the Beast is like the least of their worries.. So they focus on what is giving them issues such as wait times for soarin and toy story... Closing backlot tour because of complaints and useless of it, so we get something new. Captain EO obviously got noticed enough to be replaced with preview films finally.

But beauty and the beast? It has JUST enough to keep park guests content compared to other issues. Therefore, they'll completely forget about its existence until they're either looking for a place big enough to put a full out frozen musical or until people start complaining about the show.

That's my view on the situation.. But that's really just me.
My view was more to keep Beauty and he Beast and give us Aladdin in addition. They could put it in Tomorrowland Theater for all I care, another piece of wasted space.

Club Cooloholic

I am 100% sure I clarified that Disney managed to do this during the Tarzan Rocks! to Nemo Musical change. Very positive I said that.
Thats a major
Actually you said the show could be adjusted tp fit tge space this seems more like adjusting the theater space to fit the show. Can it be done? Sure, hell we can build the matterhorn where repunzels tower is but,..not happening

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Thats a major

Actually you said the show could be adjusted tp fit tge space this seems more like adjusting the theater space to fit the show. Can it be done? Sure, hell we can build the matterhorn where repunzels tower is but,..not happening

Actually, I implied both. :) Glad we're on the same page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom