First trip advice

jodlyn

Hi I'm planning our first trip to WDW and thinking of going in Nov. 2016-- when can I start booking? Any other tips?? We are thinking of staying at POP Century

olinecoach61

Welcome aboard! There is so much to plan but don't worry you came to the right place. You can book the hotel now if you want, but you def want to have everything ready to go by 180 days before your trip. At that point you can make dining reservations which are important if you want to eat in the nicer establishments. Are you on the dining plan? Driving or flying? How long is your stay? What parks do you plan to visit? Are all questions that will allow people on here to give you feedback.

Upvote 0

jodlyn

Original Poster
Well it is me and my two kids going. We are flying and are hoping to spend a week.I have a military ID so I can get great deals on the park hopper passes. I'm thinking that the Dining Plan would be so convenient. As for which parks to visit, I'm hoping to do WDW, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, .......

Upvote 0

Bolt

Well it is me and my two kids going. We are flying and are hoping to spend a week.I have a military ID so I can get great deals on the park hopper passes. I'm thinking that the Dining Plan would be so convenient. As for which parks to visit, I'm hoping to do WDW, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, .......
This isn't a jab but I like when people refer to Magic Kingdom as Walt Disney World.

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

My son-in-law is in the military so, for this trip we got discounted rooms & the 4 day waterpark fun & more with park hopper passes. This gives you four park days with the ability to park hop & 4 visits to either of the water parks, mini- golf courses, or Disney Quest. It's a great deal! Anyway, as stated above you can book now but, you need to think about length of stay, dining plan or not, where to eat, rides you may want to do, etc. You have come to a great place for your questions though. Have fun planning!

Upvote 0

jodlyn

Original Poster
My son-in-law is in the military so, for this trip we got discounted rooms & the 4 day waterpark fun & more with park hopper passes. This gives you four park days with the ability to park hop & 4 visits to either of the water parks, mini- golf courses, or Disney Quest. It's a great deal! Anyway, as stated above you can book now but, you need to think about length of stay, dining plan or not, where to eat, rides you may want to do, etc. You have come to a great place for your questions though. Have fun planning!

Upvote 0

jodlyn

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice! The length of stay is my hardest choice...there's so much fun stuff to try. In November I think the water parks are closed, at least that makes it a bit easier. I'm looking at going to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party the first night we get there. Have you been?

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thanks for the advice! The length of stay is my hardest choice...there's so much fun stuff to try. In November I think the water parks are closed, at least that makes it a bit easier. I'm looking at going to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party the first night we get there. Have you been?
I'd recommend at least 5 days. 7 if you can afford/swing it.

As you noted, there's a lot to see and do, and if you book early flight in and late flight out, you can easily squeeze in park days on the first and last days of your trip.

I'd consider something like:

Day 1 - Fly in -> Check in -> Magic Kingdom
Day 2 - Magic Kingdom
Day 3 - Epcot
Day 4 - Hollywood Studios
Day 5 - Downtown Disney
Day 6 - Animal Kingdom
Day 7 - Magic Kingdom -> Fly out on a late flight

Upvote 0

jodlyn

Original Poster
I'd recommend at least 5 days. 7 if you can afford/swing it.

As you noted, there's a lot to see and do, and if you book early flight in and late flight out, you can easily squeeze in park days on the first and last days of your trip.

I'd consider something like:

Day 1 - Fly in -> Check in -> Magic Kingdom
Day 2 - Magic Kingdom
Day 3 - Epcot
Day 4 - Hollywood Studios
Day 5 - Downtown Disney
Day 6 - Animal Kingdom
Day 7 - Magic Kingdom -> Fly out on a late flight
Thanks!! I really want to jump into a park that first day, although I know some people say to wait. I'm not sure the kids and I can be that patient. We have been to Disneyland, but the kids really wanted to experience Disneyworld so here we go!!

Upvote 0

Plowboy

I would build in a "day off", in other words a day away from the "big 4" parks. You could do a water park, resort pool, mini-golf, explore other resorts, disney quest, etc, etc. If you hit the parks hard for 7 days, you'll be burned out by the end.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thanks!! I really want to jump into a park that first day, although I know some people say to wait. I'm not sure the kids and I can be that patient. We have been to Disneyland, but the kids really wanted to experience Disneyworld so here we go!!
Depending on how long your flight is, an early flight works really well. I generally hit MK (gotta do MK first) a bit after lunch on the first day. It's even better if it's an Extra Magic Hour evening!

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I would build in a "day off", in other words a day away from the "big 4" parks. You could do a water park, resort pool, mini-golf, explore other resorts, disney quest, etc, etc. If you hit the parks hard for 7 days, you'll be burned out by the end.
Agreed. That would be day 5 on the schedule I suggested.

And, great to point out Mini Golf. The courses at WDW are really unique!

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yeah I bet the parks can be exhausting. A day at the pool or browsing through downtown Disney sounds enjoyable!
Ft. Wilderness has some unique offerings as well. Fun to do a half day there, finishing with dinner at Hoop Dee Doo.

Archery, fishing, horseback riding...and in November, I believe they'll have the Sleigh Rides running (though, I could be wrong about that...they do it every Christmas season though).

Upvote 0

jodlyn

Original Poster
Ft. Wilderness has some unique offerings as well. Fun to do a half day there, finishing with dinner at Hoop Dee Doo.

Archery, fishing, horseback riding...and in November, I believe they'll have the Sleigh Rides running (though, I could be wrong about that...they do it every Christmas season though).

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Wow my kids would love something like that, I will check into that. It would be fun to do something different like that.
There are two types of "horse rides" at Ft. Wilderness. One, the child must be at least 10 years of age, and you go on full size horses.

The other is the Pony Rides. They are like $5 or something, and you get to ride on shetland ponies. The children can't be over a certain weight (I forget offhand, but I think it's 50 lbs)...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom