The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

TP2000

Just as soon as they'd finished most of the 60th décor on the Castle, it was turned into a stage set this week for the season finale taping of America's Funniest Home Videos.

There's something hidden behind the tarps above the drawbridge though. Is it an AFHV logo, or a Diamond Celebration logo to be used for the show?

DSC_6215-L.jpg

DSC_6322-L.jpg

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.com/DisneylandResort/2015/041715/i-bK9WS7q

TP2000

Fab 5's new costumes just got revealed. Really the only ones I don't like are Daisy's, Minnie's and Mickey's. The rest are classy and actually fit the anniversary's color scheme. https://twitter.com/dlthings/status/589490430057680896

Agreed. I think Mickey's 60th outfit bugs me the most. For some reason, I'm just not getting the addition of bright red into this otherwise blue and silver décor package.

Mickey-Mouse-4_15_DL_000352-L.jpg

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.com/DisneylandResort/2015/Disneyland-60th-Anniversary-Pu/i-w755Ftg

VJ

Just as soon as they'd finished most of the 60th décor on the Castle, it was turned into a stage set this week for the season finale taping of America's Funniest Home Videos.

There's something hidden behind the tarps above the drawbridge though. Is it an AFHV logo, or a Diamond Celebration logo to be used for the show?

DSC_6215-L.jpg

DSC_6322-L.jpg

I doubt it'd be a logo, honestly. Maybe they're just adding/fixing something small up there.

sponono88

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Looking at the entertainment schedule for May 30th, everything

Im not sure about the red either. Could it have been an intentional design decision to keep them from looking like the Year of a Million dreams costumes? Those were blue and silver.
I'm sorry, I'm not following you.

sponono88

DSC_6215-L.jpg

DSC_6322-L.jpg

It was covering up some lighting equipment that was used for the taping. Here's what the castle looked like during tech rehearsal on Saturday night with some fun rainbow lighting

IMG_9984.jpg

IMG_9989.jpg

The rest of the setup and stage:

IMG_9959.jpg

Last edited:

RMichael21

Wait, an original, grander nighttime parade plan? Are there any more details of this? I mean, I know it's not happening but I'm curious...
Originally, I believe that DLR was supposed to get their own new nighttime parade and not PTN. But, after the 60th plans were scaled back dramatically, TDA decided to copy/add onto PTN.

TTA94

Originally, I believe that DLR was supposed to get their own new nighttime parade and not PTN. But, after the 60th plans were scaled back dramatically, TDA decided to copy/add onto PTN.

How far did the original new nighttime parade get in planning/design before it was canceled and PTN came to be?

RMichael21

How far did the original new nighttime parade get in planning/design before it was canceled and PTN came to be?
I'm not sure, I just remember reading about a brand new nighttime parade in one of the MiceAge updates and then them talking about all the budget cuts and that stuff. I'm pretty sure it was over a year and a half ago, but I'm not positive.

Prog

Man I want to see this! Unfortunately, I'm 17 and just went to WDW (well that part's not unfortunate). Maybe if I start saving now, I can convince some friends to have a post-graduation final blowout in 2016...

lazyboy97o

I think Paint the Night was always planned for Disneyland, and they decided to build a duplicate smaller one and open it at HKDL first.
Most likely Disney shopped the parade to their partners to help finance it and the Government of Hong Kong was willing to pay a bit more than asked in order to get it first. This is what happened with Transformers: The Ride 3D which was designed for Universal Studios Hollywood but opened at Universal Studios Singapore first.

GiveMeTheMusic

PTN was developed for HKDL and a separate parade was in development for DL. A number of factors worked into the decision to copy PTN and add on to it. Not necessarily a budget issue, and PTN is no less grand.

TTA94

PTN was developed for HKDL and a separate parade was in development for DL. A number of factors worked into the decision to copy PTN and add on to it. Not necessarily a budget issue, and PTN is no less grand.

I wonder if the original parade plans for DL might get used for another park... Wishful thinking WDW.

GiveMeTheMusic

I wonder if the original parade plans for DL might get used for another park... Wishful thinking WDW.

I could be totally off here, but the impression I was given was that the original DL parade concept didn't make it very far in development. So I'm not sure it could really be dusted off it wasn't fully fleshed out in the first place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom