Ant Man

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2015/01/09/ant-man-trailer-marvel-paul-rudd/

Ant-Man has attracted 29 million global views since it debuted last Tuesday. According to Marvel, that’s a higher figure than the trailer premiere for last year’s Guardians of the Galaxy—which you may recall made a dollar or three at the box office. It’s a higher number of views than was garnered by the trailers for any Marvel film, excluding Iron Man 3 and the most recent Avengers clip.

Matt_Black

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2015/01/09/ant-man-trailer-marvel-paul-rudd/

Ant-Man has attracted 29 million global views since it debuted last Tuesday. According to Marvel, that’s a higher figure than the trailer premiere for last year’s Guardians of the Galaxy—which you may recall made a dollar or three at the box office. It’s a higher number of views than was garnered by the trailers for any Marvel film, excluding Iron Man 3 and the most recent Avengers clip.

And if I remember correctly, the GotG trailer got more views than the Man of Steel trailer, and EVERYBODY knows Superman.

StageFrenzy

I think Marvel is at the point where it can slap it's name on anything and as long as it ties into the MCU it will print money. Are they all critical sucesses no, however they are "events" that seems to have enough for everyone that people will actually drive to the theater for. I don't care about non MCU marvel however, no interest in new fantastic four movie.

Matt_Black

I don't care about non MCU marvel however, no interest in new fantastic four movie.

You're not alone in that. Evil blogger Dr. Doom? BLEH!

I feel like it wasn't tracking well into it's release, everybody knows superman but do they care to see it again?

I think they'd care if we actually got a GOOD Superman movie instead of a Superman movie that was trying to be a Batman movie.

erasure fan1

I really like what I see from this trailer. I was kind of so so about the film but after watching the new trailer a few times I'm a lot more excited. The majority of my excitement is still for Ultron right now but once that is out my focus will shift to this. I really look forward to seeing how this all plays out in the larger MCU.

NMBC1993

Personally, I refuse to watch Ant-Man on the principle that Marvel kicked one of the greatest directors of all time to the curb. Edgar Wright's version would have been amazing, I can just imagine all the little winks and nods he would have worked into the film.

"His vision for the film wouldn't have worked in the current MCU"...by that do they mean it wasn't chalked full of banter and one-liners? Because I would be all for a Marvel film that doesn't follow their current formula.

To quote Simon Pegg when asked about the topic..."It's Marvel's loss".

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Marvel was VERY accommodating to Wright. Remember, this film was in development even before Iron Man, and they let Wright do other projects and work on it on his own schedule.

NMBC1993

Marvel was VERY accommodating to Wright. Remember, this film was in development even before Iron Man, and they let Wright do other projects and work on it on his own schedule.

Yes, I understand that the film has been in development for an eternity, before the formation of the MCU but does that give the studio the right to change the script without Wright even knowing about it? Don't forget, Edgar put out that test footage very recently so it's not like he was dragging his feet, he had something to show. Then on top of that after Wright left, the studio spent all of two days trying to find another director proving that in reality, Marvel will do what they want to do and any "lackey director" is qualified to work on their films.

Also, look at someone like Guilermo del Toro. He has more projects in development than any director I know, so does that mean Disney is going to kick him to the curb as well for the Haunted Mansion movie? There was a specific reason Wright left Marvel, and personally I believe it was because Wright's vision was unlike the other Marvel films. He has his own style which is not just mind-numbing action scenes and cheesy dialog. Unfortunately for Edgar, he was working for a company that puts dollar signs a head of creativity.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Yes, I understand that the film has been in development for an eternity, before the formation of the MCU but does that give the studio the right to change the script without Wright even knowing about it? Don't forget, Edgar put out that test footage very recently so it's not like he was dragging his feet, he had something to show. Then on top of that after Wright left, the studio spent all of two days trying to find another director proving that in reality, Marvel will do what they want to do and any "lackey director" is qualified to work on their films.

Also, look at someone like Guilermo del Toro. He has more projects in development than any director I know, so does that mean Disney is going to kick him to the curb as well for the Haunted Mansion movie? There was a specific reason Wright left Marvel, and personally I believe it was because Wright's vision was unlike the other Marvel films. He has his own style which is not just mind-numbing action scenes and cheesy dialog. Unfortunately for Edgar, he was working for a company that puts dollar signs a head of creativity.

The MCU is a special case where all the movies are interlocked so they must stay on schedule. The plots of the movies effect each other as well. Once they officially announced Ant Man's date they had to keep it moving. Every new movie that was made before Ant Man may have necessitated small plot changes. I'm not sure what happened between Marvel and Wright. I wish it had worked out.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

It's funny now in the wake of the released Superman/ Batman trailer.

DC: Here's our SERIOUS trailer for our SERIOUS movie where SERIOUS people do things SERIOUSLY.
Marvel: Here's Ant-Man on a Thomas the Tank Engine playset! LOL!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
It's funny now in the wake of the released Superman/ Batman trailer.

DC: Here's our SERIOUS trailer for our SERIOUS movie where SERIOUS people do things SERIOUSLY.
Marvel: Here's Ant-Man on a Thomas the Tank Engine playset! LOL!

Batflec seems so sad in the teaser.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom