Ant Man

Matt_Black

I don't read the comics, but I found Hank's struggle with his scientific/technological advances and their application (SHIELD initiatives) compelling. It almost seems like he was fighting his inner mad scientist...which the villain embraces.

Thematically, that is totally keeping the spirit of the comics. In the comics, it was Pym who created Ultron; in fact, Ultron's brain patterns were based off of his own.

216bruce

Saw it on a DCL trip. Lot of fun, lot of laughs but nowhere near as good as Winter Soldier or as 'stand-alone(ish)' as Guardians. I can see it melding with the MCU, but a wise- Scott will always be a second banana to a wise- Tony Stark. Good fun, but really looking forward to Civil War and Dr. Strange. This one almost felt like something to tide you over until then for me.

doctornick

Ant-Man has passed Captain America: The First Avenger in both domestic and worldwide revenue. It probably won't pass Thor domestically, but should pass the worldwide box office for that film once it opens in China next month. Considering Ant-Man has the cheapest budget of any MCU film and the behind the camera changes and "soft" (for a MCU film) opening weekend, it has done extremely well. It certainly seems to support the feeling that the MCU brand is very strong, especially when other films in the genre (e.g. Fantastic Four) can do so poorly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom