A Disney Park in... WISCONSIN?

PUSH

We haven't had a hurricane in Florida since 2005. So don't jinx us.
Hurricane, tropical storm, tropical depression, I kind of grouped them all together when I said hurricane. Tornadoes cover much less ground and most only touch down for a very brief amount of time.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm guessing it would look a little something like this:
l_bf4004e0-4095-11e2-bcf6-9b5bbde00010.jpg

13_dlpsnow_02xl.jpg

snow-disneyland-paris-btm.jpg

I think it would be pretty :p Although the US does not need another Disney Resort. One in South America and one in Dubai maybe but that should be it and Disney should then put all their effort in making each existing resort the best they could possibly be.

I vote for South America. Then the Brazilian Tour Groups can stay home......

LAKid53

Premium Member
Ding ding ding. Dallas has some great incentives and a load of land up north, but it would be pretty rough to purchase enough for a park that can maintain the same level of privacy of the Florida property. Plus, a lot of the prime land is being snatched up every day by new growth. Frisco was a cow town 10 years ago and now look at it.

San Francisco was a cow town 10 years ago? I must have not seen the cows. ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
I live in dfw. We go to WDW atleast once a year. Would be nice if there was a disney resort here in Texas. Just don't see it ever happening. Part of the reason they chose Florida at that time was largely due to price of the land and it wasn't raised bc they didn't know disney was purchasing it. They couldn't hide it now a days.

Until that intrepid reporter with the local Orlando newspaper guessed. Then the price/acre went from $100 to $1000 overnight....

LAKid53

Premium Member
Hurricane, tropical storm, tropical depression, I kind of grouped them all together when I said hurricane. Tornadoes cover much less ground and most only touch down for a very brief amount of time.

However, I'd rather have a Category 1 hurricane than a tornado any day. I get at least 10 hours of notification for a hurricane. Tornado? We don't have tornado sirens here in Florida, at least not in my city, like they do in the Midwest. Plus, we don't have underground shelters, either. They would be indoor swimming pools.

HakunaMatata89

Disney likes to make easy money, i don't see them being okay with building a park somewhere they will have to pay heaps for snow removal just to operate, and a "seasonal" gig would be a bad business move in the Amusement park world altogether. they could do some kind of indoor ride simulation type thing but it would ruin the magic having different attractions inside one building so again i don't see it happening.

just someone trying to boost up real estate value.

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
I just thought I would chime in to say Hi, I'm from Kenosha also, by Lance.
I also totally agree about the theater!
Thanks for the article, I hadn't seen it.

Kenosha represent! Small world!

I think that editorial will be as far as that topic ever gets. I just hope something exciting happens to that site - such prime real estate and we could use something tourist-based, especially since we are losing Jelly Belly later this year. :(

LAKid53

Premium Member
Kenosha represent! Small world!

I think that editorial will be as far as that topic ever gets. I just hope something exciting happens to that site - such prime real estate and we could use something tourist-based, especially since we are losing Jelly Belly later this year. :(

I sure hope the company that makes Bertie Botts isn't moving to China. Those ear wax flavored beans might really BE ear wax. Eeeew and yuk.

stevehousse

I prefer the old real factory that was in Waukegan before the Kenosha "warehouse" opened. Fun but not the same...

Also another huge area that could use some love is the humongous empty plot of land where the car factory used to be.

3 huge plots of land just waiting for something exciting to come along! (I'm assuming some other company will take over the warehouse space of Jelly Belly so it doesn't count)

HauntedMansionFLA

You are an attractive "30's" though! lol

I would love for them to build a new one in Texas, right in the middle of everything! Obviously that is where I am from, so that would be a plus for me!

It would also be good, as the land here is pretty cheap too! I am sure they would do just like they did with WDW, and buy land under dummy corporations!
Boy, that comment made ItIngrlbella change her profile picture in a hurry!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom